OH Complex, Box jumps, KB Swings and Double Unders

Friday 11.07.14

Strength

• 1 Push Press+2 Push Jerks+3 Split Jerks
  • Work to a max

Conditioning

• 5 Rounds
  • 15 Box Jumps 24/20
  • 30 Kb Swings 24/16
  • 60 Double Unders

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

• Amelia says:

A. My shoulders were really tight and slightly painful when I began the complex. Decided not to push them to hard this morning. 25, 27.5, 30, 30.
    B. Finished on my last round with 20KB swings.

Started today with a sore shoulder – I think from my clunky butterflies during Fran with benefits. Which had me reflecting – only my Crossfit friends would understand that I had been hurt by a butterfly.
    A. Given the above, pleasantly surprised to be able to do anything overhead at all. As it happens, worked with Zac and Mark up to 70kg. At 60kg the value of dropping under the bar, rather than pushing it up, started to dawn on me and my split jerks got a lot better (my push jerk not so much).
    B. Finished on 28kb swings in the 4th round. Might have been able to push myself a little harder, but under fatigue my double unders abandon me.
    Brought in the two young Lawler ladies today. Another dispiriting day of me slogging away to the bitter end as they stroll past having finished with more than 2 minutes to go.

A. Worked upto 80kg one day ill grow shoulders.

B. Finished 30 du in the 4th round.

• Brendo says:

A: 55kg went up, 60kg went down. Albeit only on the last split jerk – D’Oh!
    B: Surprised myself this morning – I didn’t expect to get through more than 3 rounds, but ended up 3 DUs shy of starting the 5th round. Plus a new DU PR of 28 unbroken. Happy times!

• Mark says:

A: Final successful complex was at 50kg. Failed the last split jerk at 55kg… so close!
    B: Finished the round 5 kbs. Got my rebound box jumps working pretty well, once they’re warmed up.

• Prudy90 says:

A: it took a bit but got 45kg!! Thrilled with that! Bloody hard but so happy 🙂
    B: 40 double unders into the 4th round which I wasn’t expecting! Thought I might get into the 3rd but really happy with this.

Came in expecting little after a smashing in Perisher yesterday but surprised myself a bit…
    A) worked to 70kg, dropped the last split jerk before standing properly though.
    B) 14:00 – Bec and I called time at the same time hahaha. I felt good finishing 3 rds in about 8 mins so I paced round 4… a lot and then had to crash the bus on rd 5, great wod considering I didn’t think I could DU today from skiing.

• Ben M says:

Come in for some open gym this afternoon, concentrated on back and front squat both to a heavy double.
    BS double @113kg new 2 and 1rm, failed 117kg twice for the single although i think this is there.
    FS double @92kg and 1rep @ 102kg both new 1 and 2 rms

Decided to do todays program with Bec afterwards.
    A) worked to 62kg, this was relatively easy although i was running out of juice due to the squats.
    B) finished in 13:13, this was tough, would have been nice to be a little more consistent on the double unders although the started to come together during round 4 and 5.

• Gabriel says:

A: 62.5kg
    B: 12:49
    Really enjoyed the programming this week in the box, been working on a few weaknesses in open gym as well and it is good to see some of them starting to come along bit by bit

• Becca says:

A. 40kg felt good, went to 45kg and only got the first 3 reps in. This escalated quickly!

B. Worked out with Ben M which was fun! Finished 4 rounds plus 6 box jumps which is further than I thought i’d get.
    Good to do an impromptu session, maybe without the coffee beforehand next time 🙂