Hang squat cleans then Fractured Fran

Wednesday 09.07.14

Weightlifting:

• Hang squat clean triple  + 1 Push Jerk

Conditioning:

Fractured Fran (i.e. Fran with benefits):

• 21 Thrusters (42.5/30kg)
  • 21 Pullups

– Rest 2min –

• 15 Thrusters
  • 15 Pullups

– Rest 2min –

• 9 Thrusters
  • 9 Pullups

Post loads and times to comments.

Coaches Notes:

The point today is to see how fast you could be on Fran assuming you did not rest. Each round should be a sprint and completed with as little breaking as possible.

Today was tough why was I so fatigued before I started???
    A. worked up to 35kgs
    B. tried the bar at 30kgs and knew it wouldn’t happen, dropped back to 20kgs. In hindsight should have gone 25. Scaled to ring rows. Finished in 9.28.

A. 50, 60, 70. Did 80 but it was pretty shaky. Dropped the 2nd hang clean twice and then jerk was a bit of a press. Stopped there. But feel OK with it.
    B. I’m calling this Fran with benefits. 8:58. I might just have crossed back across the butterfly line. At home now and still a bit wobbly. Phew. Finding it hard to judge whether to expect a better Fran time. Thrusters don’t get much easier for me.

• Mark says:

A: 60, 65 ok. At 70 I got the 3 hang cleans, but no push jerk. All this translates into a new PR push jerk (65kg) and a new PR Hang Clean x 3 (70kg).
    B: Not so good. Timed out having completed 9/9 thrusters. Also did away with most of the second rest period.

A) Successful at 70kg, 80 I managed to get 2 cleans. Today wasn’t really my day. I was quite fatigued.

B) Finished 9:54. With a Blue and Orange band together.

A. 80kg but the push jerk had a fair bit of press in it.

B. Finished in 10:48 last time we did this I timed out a couple of thrusters into my last set and that was with no second rest period so a huge improvement there which is nice and should improve if I can get some consitancy with my butterflies

• Matt B says:

a) did 75kg and strung each rep together using stretch reflex and staying fast under the bar….i was sneakily staying light to stay fresh for Fran 🙂

b) did it in 7:49…was super stoked to only break the thrusters/pullups once in the round of 21

• Ben M says:

A) got 70kg, tried 80kg got the first 2 cleans but no dice on the third, totally bailed on it.
    B) finished in 7:34, in hindsight wish i hadnt dropped the bar on the thrusters 11/15 in. but oh well stupid head.

all in all went better than i thought i would before the session started.

• john parr says:

A: worked up to 80kg, and attempted 90kg but no dice

B: finished in 7:17. Or 1:34, 1:07, and 0:36. And a theoretical fran time of 3:17

• Amelia says:

A. 25, 25, 35, 40, 45. Was very late and don’t think I quite had enough time to hit my max, but was pleased with 45
    B. Didn’t finish with 4 reps to go (peer pressured to finish reps and glad I did). Pull ups really slowed me down. Started on orange band, jumped up to red after 12 reps. Was doing singles by the end.

• Gabriel says:

A: 70kg, then failed at 72.5kg got the cleans easy enough but nowhere near on the jerk
    B: 10:46, just had nothing in me tonight, glad I did get it finished though