3 Pos Snatch, Back Squats and T2B

Tuesday 08.07.14

Strength

• 3 Position Snatch (Floor, Hang, Hi hang)
  • 4×5 Back Squat @~75-80%

Conditioning

• 4 min ME T2B
  • EMOTM 5 Burpees, starting with 5 burpees

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments

sean

A) Got up to 50kg today. Sean and Dave helped with what was going on with my stability at the bottom of the catch.
    B) Worked at 110kg on the back squats. This was hard, but I felt very strong and stable and am looking forward to finding a new 1RM back squat.
    C) Averaged 5 T2B each minute. I was happy with this as I actually managed to consistantly get my toes to the bar! πŸ˜€

• Sam B says:

Nice work on the T2B, saw you getting these from across the room and meant to say congrats after the class.

• Prudy90 says:

A: 30kg, missed position 1 at 35kg. All feltrreally heavy and slow.
    B: 60kg, worked to keep good form and not allow my knees to come in and they got better! I think my last set was the best!
    C: just 1 each round, tried for extras but didn’t make them

A. 55kg. Surprised myself a bit (in a good way). A couple of those rare occasions when it just felt right. Don’t expect any super new PBs but feel I’m consolidating.
    B. 90, 95, 100, 105.
    C. 4 sets of 10. Paces myself in first 2 rounds but it still got hard at the end.

A. 30kgs
    B. 65kgs
    C. 4 to 5 knee raises

A. 60kg felt really good and having coops to watch was good until he said 3 minutes left just go for 70 which was 4kg more then my 1rm but I did nearly get it
    B. All sets at 105kg
    C. 24 very slow hands felt funny kept getting down dont know what was happening haha

• Sam B says:

First day back after about 2 and a half weeks. Took t a little easy.

A: 40kg, felt like I was moving ok.

B: 80kg. Felt heavier than it did three weeks ago…

C: Total of 36 T2B (sets were 13, 10, 7, 6)

• charnel says:

A: Worked up to 35kg
    B: 65kg
    C: A total of 7 T2B

A) Hit 50kg pretty comfortably today, happy with the movement but wanted to nail tech so stayed at 50 for all positions.

B) lol… bit off too much for the first working set (thanks for the push Coach B!) and rather than working at my 5RM for 4 sets /cough, I dropped it back for sets at 90kg

C) T2B fatigue πŸ™ Happy to chain together a few sets, then from 2nd minute on, the chaining got harder and stopped. Averaged 8-10 per minute, for ~38 total.

Great to re-enter the 10am sessions!

• Tom R says:

a) go to 40 and worked a bit more on tech. Could have maybe got to 45kgs but wanted to work on not going forward and angling backwards more
    b) 4 sets @ 70. need to redo 1RM back squat
    c) 32. Tried not to rip my hands πŸ˜›

• john parr says:

A: worked to 65kg, tried 70kg, I got it for the ground and the hang, but no dice on the high hang, I tried it 3 more time but didn’t even get it from the ground

B: maintained 115kg across all 4 sets

C: I went 15,13, 9, and 9. Which is 46

• Becca says:

A. 30kg, got the 1st rep in at 35kg but failed the hang. Hands so sore from yesterday!
    B. 4 x 5 squats at 50kg (70%) taking it easier
    C. 24 T2B – this escalated quickly! hands came into play again. Tried to mix up grip a bit to give them a break

• Second session back so still took pretty easy.
    A: worked at 30kg from position to really focus on technique.
    B: Did 4 sets of 80kg. Pretty happy with that.
    C: Managed 28 T2B over the 4 rounds.

• Bec B says:

A. Failed from the high hang @30kg but only because I am still having trouble stabilising my shoulder so it felt like I pretty much had it! It’s getting there though so I went for a cheeky 1rm snatch @35kg, finally!!
    B. Squats felt kinda heavy around 47.5.
    C. Then 16 T2B – grip was really failing me… so I’m looking forward to trying out my new gloves!

• Gabriel says:

A: 45kg, snatch was all over the place tonight, very frustrating, just didn’t feel right at all. I guess I’ll have to make use of the open gym and work on it more
    B: 90,90,95,95. Got every set but it did feel a bit harder than it should have, I think I just wasn’t switched on enough and my technique was off a little
    C: 41 T2B, I think yesterday and today have been the first time I have done so much pull-up/T2B volume without tearing my hands, pretty happy with this!

• First session back after the flu, so took it pretty easy.
    a) 60kg – Working on form so kept it light. Still trying to get the bar to my hips, but it’s getting closer
    b) 70kg – Same as above.
    c) 20 (5 each minute). Craig advised to pick and number each round as I was still not feeling great, but picked a number way too low.

• Ben M says:

A bit late posting but better late than never.
    A) worked up to 55kg, it just wasnt working today. failed 50kg about 4 times at different positions.

B) worked at 85, 85, 90,95kg higher % than asked although i should have gone a little heavier as this was reasonably ok.

C) 40 T2B, 10 each minute, first 2 unbroken then smaller sets, need to work on maintaining higher volumes.

all in all just a hard day at the office