Clusters, Pull-Ups and Partner AMRAP

Monday 07.07.14

Strength:

• 1RM Cluster
  • 3 x ME Strict pull-ups (pronated)

Conditioning:

15min partner AMRAP:

• 10 x pull-ups
  • 10 x wall ball
  • 10 x sit-ups
  • 10 x double-unders

* Player 1 works while player 2 rests, then vice versa.

Post loads and reps to comments.

• Brendo says:

75kg. Wasn’t much of a thruster, but fulfilled all the given requirements so I’m claiming it.

11, 7, and 4. Could have done 5 in the last round but kept thinking about the pull-ups in the AMRAP.

3 wall balls into round 7. Butterfly pull-ups coming along nicely although things get a little unco under fatigue. Didn’t knock myself out though = winning.

All in all, a solid morning at the gym!

Sorry 5:30am crew and coach – I woke up sick this morning, so couldn’t come in.
    Looks like fun though……………………. πŸ˜‰

A. 80kg. Not a whole lot of pop at the top so I doubt I could go heavier. Still, must be a PB. And this the movement that started my wrist problem so I am pleased to have done without making that worse (thanks wrist guards)..
    B. 12, 8, 5 or 6. Bit distracted by Mark and Coop laughing at me (encouragingly of course).
    C. Teamed with Jason for 10 rounds and 4 sit ups. Pleased with everything but my graceless not-butterflies.

A. Back feeling very tight today so stopped myself at 60kg.
    B. 5,5,5
    C. 10 rounds + 4 situps with Ivan – always fun. Hopefully getting moving will help loosen up my back for the rest of the week,

A. 80kg
    B. 10, 6, 6 pretty happy with that 10 is alot more then I could have ever done before
    C. 2 du off finishing 8 rounds with mike butterfly’s were really good for some of this and not so good for other parts haha

• charnel says:

Enjoyed the famous 10am sesh this morning πŸ˜‰

A: I was aiming for 45kgs and managed to get 55kg – very happy! Tried 60kg (my current 1RM clean), but I think the heaviness shocked me so I didn’t attempt getting it overhead haha. Now I want a new clean PB!! πŸ™‚
    B: Worked with the yellow and red band: 5, 5, and 3.
    C: I think we managed 10 pull-ups into the 7th round.

A. 45k
    B. average of 15 ring rows, and a failed attempt with red and blue band – told them I needed three bands still
    C. Teamed with Polly, we did one wall ball into the 5th round

• Ben M says:

A) worked up to 76kg new PR, tried 80kg but no dice twice, couldnt even clean it today.
    B) 3 sets of 10 with a 10kg weight vest
    C) Had no friends today so went it alone, completed 8 rounds and 8 sit ups.

• john parr says:

A: PRed at 91kg. 1kg is still a pr

B: 10, 10, and 6. The set was rite on time, I might of got stage fright

C: teamed up with Alex, and we kranked out 11 rounds 10 wall balls

• Matt B says:

a) managed a 90kg cluster which I thought was pretty cool.

b) did sets of 12, 10, 10

c) worked with Gareth and do is he’d just shy of 10 rounds. I was stoked to maintain all butterfly pullups unbroken for my 5 rounds

A) got 80kg, cleaned 85 three times but couldn’t press overhead to finish (2 times just shoulder popped and 1 time I sat at the bottom of the front squat for too long).
    B) 3 x 6 reps
    C) with Nick, the body weight machine! We got into Rd 13 – 5 wall balls in? Dang that was tough trying to keep up to his pace!

• Gabriel says:

A: 70kg, really enjoyed this one, I have a tendency to sneak my hands in close to my shoulders on the cleans so this one forced me to keep them out a bit more
    B: 8,7,6 happy with this considering I haven’t done too many strict pull-ups lately
    C: Worked with Dean and busted out 11 rounds
    Good session in the gym tonight!

• Amelia says:

A. 50 kg
    B. 3 x 2 strict
    C. 8 rounds + 10 pull ups. orange band for pull ups

• Becca says:

A. worked up to 50kg. Felt good so went to 52.5kg and just couldn’t get that last little bit at the top – doh! 50kg is my current / old PB.
    B. was training on my own and completely forgot this
    C. Just did 5 rounds at this within the 15 min cap, on my own – just set a do-able pace and stuck to it. Did butterflies which are slow for me but starting to come along.