Power Snatch, OHS and the Unloaded BB Wod

Wednesday 02.07.14

Strength:

• Power Snatch – work to a heavy triple
  • 3 x 10 OHS @ 80% of the triple above

Conditioning:

Partner 12min AMRAP (player1 works while player2 rests, then vice versa):

• 6 x Unloaded BB front rack step ups onto box
  • 9 x Unloaded BB thrusters
  • 12 x Situps

Post loads and reps to comments.

Coach B

Coach and Owner of Adapt CrossFit

A. 35kgs
    B. 30kgs
    C. Worked with Shar, we were on our 9th round. RX, which is exciting as I’m normally on the 16inch box.

A. 60kg
    B. 55kg
    C. Worked with Tim today – I think we did 4 (maybe it was 5) rounds each (I finished off my situps just after the buzzer)

A: 40Kg – tougher than I initially thought
    B: 32Kg – tough
    C: 10 rounds RX with Elaine (8 sit ups were after the buzzer, but props to Elaine for finishing them)!

• Elaine says:

A: 30kg – failed 35kg a couple of times so went to 32kg but failed the last one. I find power snatches harder than a full snatch.
      B: 26kg – awesome watching Fee do this as it was pretty hard at this weight.
      C: See above – happy with this – Fee the machine was inspiring me to keep a certain pace. Coops kept telling me to bring my elbows up in the thrusters but they didn’t want to move. Rolled out my triceps next door for a good 5 mins after as suggested Coops.
      C:

• charnel says:

A: Worked up to 40kg. This is a new 3rm and 1Rm. I tried 45kg, but couldn’t get 1 rep.
    B: Started off at 30kg, but my wrist was killing. I dropped it down to 25kg, but my wrist still wasn’t liking it.
    C: I think we managed 8 or 7 rounds & 7 thrusters – I worked RX.

• Matt B says:

A. 60kg…tried at 70kg, but could only hit 2. Found it much easier to nail the positions going from the hang rather than dumping the bar.

B. 50kg

C. Worked with Joshy and finished 6 sit-ups shy of 12 rounds

A) Worked up to 50kg – I can’t get my body to do what my mind wants here and I can’t get under the bar. I seem to only be able to either Muscle Snatch or Full Snatch…
    B) Worked these at 45kg. Was pretty hard.
    C) Worked with Shane and finished 10 rounds on the buzzer.

A) 3 @ 55kg, then jumped up to 62kg and hit a PB (last time I hit 60kg on any snatch was at Smash Clash, I’ve never full snatched it but got a 62kg power today, pretty happy but still have a lot to work on to get a proper full snatch up to where it should be)
    B) Worked with Ben M and we compromised on 47kg (I wanted 45, he wanted closer to 50… we split the difference) – First 2 sets were 5-6, then hit 9 in the last. Had to focus on hand position the most (Last time I struggled at sets of 40, big improvement still).
    C) 13 Rds + 4 sit-ups – Still with Benny, I always seem to work with him for sit-ups 😉 my fave & we always seem to push each other in a partner wod.

• Ben M says:

A) [email protected], pretty happy with the form on these as it is only 2kg under my PR, good to see Steve hit a PR on this.

B) 3 x 10 @47kg, felt pretty solid especially for overhead squats

C) Worked with Steve and he just loves cardio, tried not to be too slow so we could get through a bit of work.

A: 40kg. Managed 3 reps at 42.5kg (thanks for making me try it Sara!) but the 3rd rep was pretty messy. Last time I tried 40kg power snatches I struggled and could only get 4 in something like 12 minutes.

B: 80% of 40kg was 32kg but because I got the 42.5kg, and I remember doing 10 unbroken OHS at 35kg during the open, I decided to go with 35kg. This was SO much tougher than I expected, but I managed to get through all 3 rounds unbroken.

C: Always fun working with Sara! I was watching the clock and we managed to finish each round at about 1:10, but I slowed down a lot towards the end (pretty sure Sara sped up) because my arms were fried. We finished 10 rounds and 5 step ups!

• Amelia says:

A. 38kg
    B. 30 Kg
    C. 11 rounds

A: Set at 45kg ok. Got two singles at 50kg, but couldn’t get more than one at a time.
    B: Worked at 36kg. No problems – i find OHS good to work on hitting depth properly.
    C: Worked with Kettie and we got through each round sub 1 minute. Ended up with 12 rounds and 3 thrusters. (Kettie did the extras) I like these quick changeover partner WODs – enough time to catch your breath, but not enough to cool down too much!

• Tom R says:

B: 40kg
    C: Went solo and managed 9 rounds + 6 step-ups

• Becca says:

A. 35kg this was dirty
    B. did 3 sets at 25kg
    C. Was training on my own, so 4 x splits were: 1:44, 1:33, 1:32, 1:19

Training was seriously hard on my own today. Don’t usually mind so just having one of those days!