Kipping HSPU Work, 200m run, Weighted Pistols & Pullups

• 3x ME Kipping HSPU – rest as needed

Conditioning

• 10 min AMRAP
  • 200m run
  • 10 Weighted Pistols 16/12
  • 10 Pullups

Post reps, rounds and notes to comments

A. I’ve lost my handstands, but I’m determined to find them again!
    B. 3 ring rows short of 3 rounds. Scaled to 16 inch box for pistols and ring rows.

A. 12, 10, 11. Happy with the consistency but slightly disappointed how quickly I fatigued. Slightly due to going a bit slower to focus on technique but shoulders still more tired than I’d like.
    B. 5 or 6 pistols in 3rd round. Some pretty sloppy but slightly easier to balance with the KB to counterbalance. Really good way to focus on building strength in quads. Feeling it now and expect it to get worse. Oh, and some more mutant butterflies. Not good but less bad than before.

A. 7,5,6 – but I was doing similar through the practice as well so I think that wore me out. Tried concentrating on being more efficient this morning.
    B. 1 terrible terrible round + 2 pistols I think. My left leg really lets me down. Thanks for the encouragement (? guess you could call it that πŸ˜‰ ) Coops.

• charnel says:

A: Worked on lowering myself down onto a 10kg plate and cushion. I need to focus on bringing my legs in closer instead of my feet being flat on the wall, and also keep my shoulders/arms tight so I don’t put too much pressure on my neck πŸ™‚ I really want HSPU’s so I need to practice more often.
    B: Got through 1 full round and 7 (i think) pull-ups – went on air-dyne instead of running.

Worked with Aisling this morning, and I am so proud that she managed to get pistols!!! Well done!

• JoshW says:

Fun 10am sesh. Always miss them when I can’t get to them.
    Was good to go over hspu’s. I needed the technique work. Just did some sets of 4 and 5 concentrating on form.

B. Ahhh did three full rounds with 16kg. I wouldnt of done a 1rm of weighted pistols yesterday had I known this was coming haha. Cool wod though for sure

• Matt B says:

a) worked on deficit hspu and managed a few kipping/strict with a small box and 10kg bumpers….it’s crazy how hard these are. Then did 21-15-9

b) managed 4 rounds, but had some help (in the form of Josh) with the pistols

Just sitting at home trying to work out if I’ll have the energy for an open session,

• Amelia says:

A. Managed my first kipping HSPU with ab mat (couldn’t quite get back up without mat). Hadn’t been taught technique for it before. Breaking down how to lower myself into position was really helpful. Did 3 sets of 3 reps.
    B. 2 rounds and 10 Pistols. Used orange band for pull ups and a 10kg KB for pistols.

• Becca says:

Okay, time for me to start commenting again.
    A. 10, 6,8 – fell off the wall in the second round, but was starting to feel it by then anyway.
    B. 2 rounds plus 100m run RX. Wow, please excuse the grunting that came along with each pistol! Hate butterfly pull-ups as i can only do 1-2 at a time and everything in me just wants to bust out kipping! Enjoyed training with the 5pm crew today πŸ™‚

• Tom R says:

a) Worked up kipping on an ab mat. Need to work on tech more but managed to string 2 together a couple of times.

b) 5 pullups short of 3 rounds. Scaled to just pistols on a couple of mats. First time I’ve done pistols without scaling to a box/partner in a WOD.

• Ben M says:

was good to practice some technique for kipping HSPU’s, as i had forgotten how to do them properly/efficiently.
    A) 27, 24, 20. started to fatigue on these but need to work on just keep going and not getting bored.
    B) 4 pull ups in the 3rd round Rx, lots of failed reps on the pistols but really happy that i got through 30 of them as i didnt think i would complete 10.

A) Bah humbug. HSPUs and I are a long way from BFFs, got 6 – 7 reps per set.

B) My hatred for HSPUs is made up for with pistols.
    RX: 3 rds + the 200m run.
    Wasn’t sure if I could do the pistols with weight, then surprised myself that it was do-able!

A: First time trying HSPUs so worked with an abmat and a plate (15 and 10kg) main issue was keeping my head and elbows at the right angles. Managed 5-6 HSPUs each round though.
    B: a few pullups short of 2 rounds. Slow pullups – seem to have lost some strength here – we havent been doing them much lately I guess. And did the pistols un-weighted.

• Leanne says:

Had to get my confidence kicking onto the wall… And then did 2 sets of 5 pulses and a set of 3 !!!!
    Feeling pretty chuffed with myself 😁

1 round and I think 6 pullups using the blue band only … Yep, dropped a band as well 😁 and pistols on a 12 inch box and a 10kg plate, trying really hard to control it down rather than just dropping

A: failed with the HSPU today. Normally I can get a set of 3-5 out comfortably when I’m fresh with the abmat so thought I would try without today, failed, so went back to abmat and still failed. Still getting used to hand and head positioning, I have been doing it inefficiently for a while now so finding it hard to get the right positioning. Failed to get any in my first 2 attempts but then I got 2 and then 3 so not too bad in the end.

B: run felt super awkward, not sure why, something not quite right. Worked on pistols without any weight (Leanne gave me some weight to try but I just couldn’t get back up) managed to get one on my left without holding my right foot! Yay! Not much to say for my right side though, I think I’m still a bit nervous after rolling it. Had to touch the ground to get back up on that side. Pull ups on red + yellow and felt a bit easy which is great! 1 full round plus 8 (?) Pistols.

Was awesome working with Leanne tonight, you did so well chick!