Strict Press, Deadlift and Double Unders

Monday 30.06.14

Strength:

• 1RM Strict press
  • 1RM Deadlift

Conditioning:

• 5min ME double unders

Post loads and reps to comments.

A: 37 (PR). Felt like the bar would not budge at 38 though.
    B: 112 (PR). Got 115, but it was dirty, so I cannot claim it this time.
    Thanks for being my buddy Sharon.
    C: 217. Arms were smoked and struggled to string more than 20 at a time which was a little disappointing after getting a few sets of 50 last week. Improved by 33 since last time though, so happy with that!

A. 60kg. PB is 64, so tried 65 a couple of times but wasn’t going to happen today.
    B. Was reall pleased to get 155kg and a new PB. Only to again find when I checked at home that I had done 160kg. Darn. April was a good month for me it seems. Perhaps I could have done 161kg today but after 155 I felt I wouldn’t hold form if I went up.
    C. 188. A modest improvement but I think more due to adjusting the rope than my great fitness or technique.

A. Just managed to get 60kg up on the second attempt pb is 62.5 but I was never getting near that.

B. All I could manage was 150 which I did a triple at last week and is 22kg under my 1rm but even with 3 attempts I never even looked like getting close to 160 very very disapointing

C. 165 again less what iv done in the past. All in all an absolutely shit morning

• Elaine says:

A: 35kg (PR – up by 3kg) felt like I could have gone futher but very happy with this.
    B: 90kg (PR – up by 5kg) failed 95kg and then went down to 92.5kg but failed this too. Will try and make something over 90 next time 🙂 Impressive watching Shar easily lift 120kg.
    C: A whole bunch. Thats right concentrating so hard on doing DUs I lost count. But overall I am pretty satisfied with how these are finally coming along and managed to get 15 in a row a couple of times.

A. 31kg (PB is 32). This got hard quickly.
    B. 100kg (have lifted 108 before (dirty) but only 100 with good form). Happy with my form this morning. Tried 105 a few times but had to drop it as I felt my form going.
    C. 24. Didn’t have much coordination this morning which resulted in lots of whip marks. I usually get around 40 for this…

• Mark says:

A: Strict press – 40kg ok. 50kg fail. Then 47.5kg fail (which is my 1RM).
    Deadlift – worked slowly up to 130kg – my hope here is just that the warmup lifts were graded enough that my back doesn’t kill me over the coming days.
    B: 297. I got 305 last time, so not quite as many, but not far off.

A. Equal 1RM at 35kgs. Failed at 36
    B. New 1RM of 112 up from 110
    C. 36

• Prudy90 says:

A: 36kg, equal old PB which I haven’t been able to get since I hurt my shoulder.
    B: 82.5kg, PB by 2.5kg so was pretty happy! I think I had 85kg there but lower back felt odd..
    C: 167 double unders, nothing wanted work!

• john parr says:

A: lifted 65kg, not a PR (67.5kg is), not sure what needs to be done to beat this

B: lifted 205kg, so close to getting 210kg, but no dice.

C: 312, totally forgot what I got last time, but I think I loged it in these notes

A: 32.5kg, equal PB. Tried for 35kg a few times but didn’t have it in me. Was disappointed because I thought it was set in December last year, but it was only set in May so that’s not too bad.

B: 112.5kg! So stoked! Up from 100kg in December. My form wasn’t 100% but wasn’t too bad.

C: 100, which I am happy with! Haven’t tested this before so this is a new benchmark. I know that I have gotten much better but they still go to crap when I am fatigued. Was aiming for 100 so happy to have achieved it!

Was awesome working with Sara tonight and seeing her smash her PRs as well (and Amelia on the deadlifts!) Yeah! Awesome night in the gym!

• Tom R says:

Teamed up with Paul and Chris
    A) 47kgs. 1kg PB
    B) 125kgs. 10kg PB
    C) 200. Not a PB. Been struggling with these lately. Need to play with rope lengths.

2 new PB’s tonight..
    Strict press @ 40kg (+2.5kg) failed 42kg
    Deadlift @ 120kg (+8kg) failed 125kg
    Really happy with these numbers as they were what I was aiming for and my form didn’t suffer.
    Lots of PB’s in 5pm 🙂

• KJ says:

a: tried 52kg. No go. So equal PB of 50kg.
    B: 121kg new PB by 1 kilo! Haha
    C: 323 DU (first 116 unbroken)
    Felt a bit off tonight – so happy with all these results.

Awesome amount of PBs tonight!

A) 52.5 – up from 47kg
    B) 180kg – up from 170 or 175 – I had 170 recorded but thought I did 175.
    C) I couldn’t jump tonight, stumbled at 215 – not a PB.

After watching Tess monster her lifts – as I said to her -I wouldn’t want to bump into her in a dark alley. Monstered those lifts! Amazing work.

A: only got to 37.5 which was disappointing as my PB is 39.
    B: 140kg – a 15kg PB.
    C: 99 – bad start after getting my rope stuck in the roof and having to get a new one. But still an improvement of nearly double! Finally i feel like double unders are becoming my friend!

• Gabriel says:

A: 45kg, had a couple goes at 47.5 which is my 1RM but it wasn’t happening
    B: A good rep at 130kg and an ugly one at 140kg, pretty happy with this considering my deadlift has been horrible for a long time but I feel my form is slowly getting better
    C: 398