Butterfly pullup tech then a little 8min AMRAP

Skill:

• Butterfly pull-up progression

– then –

• 3 x ME kipping pull-ups – rest as needed

Conditioning:

8min AMRAP:

• 10 x BarBell front rack lunges (60/40kg)
  • 10 x Lateral bar burpees

Post loads and reps to comments.

A. fun to be included even if butterfly kipping is miles away
    B. ring rows, sets of 10
    C. First successful weighted lunges, 25kgs, did 2 burpees in the 3rd round. Very slow, but happy to be there!

A. There is a long way to go here. But I think the drills provides a dim light at the end of the butterfly tunnel.
    B. More graceless flailing about under the bar. This is one butterfly that no entomologist would bother with.
    C. Ah… Something simple. 4 rounds + 1 lunge @ 60kg.

Sore glutes and shoulders tomorrow.

And a big happy birthday to young Mr Simonsen.

A. Just worked on closing up later on butterflys for this and b aswell
    C. 3 rounds + 8 burpees. Pretty happy to get through all the lunges unbroken have been a real weakness before

• Mark says:

A: My butterfly tech is coming along. Not perfect, but better than it ever has been. For the 3 x max effort I managed 10 and 12, then couldn’t pick up the rhythm again.
    B: 3 rounds and 1 lunge @60kg.

• charnel says:

A: Butterfly kipping seems so far away, but at least it made me realise that I need to practice!
    B: Worked on strict pull-ups with the red band – this was tough! 🙁
    C: RX, managed 3 rounds just on the buzzer! I’m so happy with this, I just need to start believing in myself more 😉

A + B) Good to go slow through the tech work. Maintained 7-8 butterfly pull-ups before I lost co-ordination and clunked.

C) 4 Rds + 6 burpee bar jumps + 1 burpee with a 1 foot take off to try and beat the buzzer to only get no-repped by an evil smile of Ben Manning… that guy!!!
    First 4 sets of lunges unbroken, 5th set had to drop to a 6-4 because the pain was real.

• David N says: