Strict press, deadlift & HSPU Vol

Tuesday 24.06.14

Strength

• 3×3 strict press
  • Heavy Triple Deadlift

Conditioning

• HSPU vol
  • EMOTM 10 min 1-5 reps
  • filler is double unders and/or box jumps

Post loads and training notes to comments

Good to work with Ivan today.
    A. 50kg
    B. 120kg (? I think – pretty happy with this considering my technique on deadlifts is less than ideal and my back tightens up quick – Good tips/insights from Coach Ivan and Coach Sean)
    C) Aimed for 3 kipping, but there were definitely a few sets where I only got 1 or 2 with a number of fails.

A. Two sets at 55kg with one in the middle where I got two reps at 60kg but couldn’t do the third. Satsfied given that my recent 1RM is only 64kg.
    B. Two at 110kg and one at 120kg. Actually thought the first two were 120 until I counted properly at the end. Still, I was really pleased that they felt solid – I am one of those people whose form starts to deteriorate at heavier weights, so to hold form at a reasonably heavy weight is enough for me.
    C. Strict HSPU – Started at doubles, dropped to singles by around the 4th round, but threw a couple of doubles in during the remainder if I felt good. I used the abmat with 10kg bumpers each side. First time I’ve done that and I really liked being able to get full depth but have some cushioning (I’m a little fearful of hurting my neck as I get tired and start coming down a bit harder).
    Another good day where I came out feeling energised, but tired.

A) 50kg. This felt good today
    B) 130kg for me. I attempted 140, but my back didn’t like it too much, so I stopped.
    C) Hand Stands with 3 pulses of about 3 inches.. I feel like I am getting stronger at this.

A: 32kg this was a toughy….
    B: 95kg – quite surprise that I got this as 75 and 85 were struggles (I think Sharon pumped me to complete it)
    C: Got 3 HSPU (kipping) each set, then a bunch of the rebound box jumps. Stoked about HSPU – as my arm is still screwed, but it didn’t affect these much at all.

A. 32kg
    B. 95 kg
    C. Lots of failed handstands and a few double-unders

• Mark says:

A: Sets of 2 strict presses at 45kg. Failed the third each time.
    B: 3×3 deadlifts at 120kg.
    C: 2 strict HSPU every minute, with rebound box jump practice in between. Managed to maintain the HSPU volume for the full time.;

A) 2 x 45kg, 1 x 50kg (2 reps only)

B) 130KG for 3 sets

C) after A) I had nothing left for HSPUs, had to kip them, 3 per rd… strict was not going to happen. Slight frustration ensued.

Jumped next door with a few ppl to get muscle up practice under fatigue and managed 2 total.

A: sets at 35kg.
    B: 105kg. Felt like I had more in me, but form was starting to deteriorate and we were out of time.
    C: First time not scaling to push ups! Did 1 HSPU on a 20kg plate and a rubber mat each round.

A: 30kg. Tried 32.5kg, got it up for a set of 3 but was very uneven and on Becca’s advice I dropped back to 30kg.

B: 85kg. Got a single out at 95kg and felt I could have finished 3 but I bailed when Rosey called time. Should have kept going.

C: working on strict, need to use plates. Ended up on 2 x 10kg and 1 x 5kg plate. Managed 2-3 reps most rounds (except the first when I failed because I needed to add a plate). Regret doing box jumps and double unders now, ankle felt good yesterday after rolling it last week, but jumping on it wasn’t a great idea and its swallon up and hurting now. Rest tomorrow I think.

• charnel says:

A: Worked up to 43kg
    B) 95kg
    C) Aimed for one handstand hold with pulses, but it started to hurt my wrist, then I managed 5 box jumps