Snatch, Front Squats then partner AMRAP

Monday 23.06.14

Strength:

• 3 position snatch (ground, hang, hi-hang)
  • Heavy double front squat

Conditioning:

12min Partner AMRAP:

• 10 x Wall ball
  • 10 x Sit-ups
  • 10 x KB swings (24/16kg)

* P1 works, while P2 rests. Then vice versa.

– Then straight away with no rest –

3min AMRAP:

• P1. Handstand hold
  • P2. Clean and Jerk (60/40kg)

* When P1 comes off wall, swap.

Post load and reps to comments.

A: 35kg. Got it solid, but it was tough to keep form.
    B: 65kg.
    C: worked with Kylie. No idea how many rounds for part one. Felt like 50! Then we got 11 for part 2 (RX)
    Good start to the week.

• Kylie says:

C: Pretty sure we did 11 – you did 1 more round than me!

For me – had a tough time this morning as I decided to go for a run yesterday. So sore so didnt push the weight this morning
      A: 27.5kg
      B: 55kg (10kg less than last time)

A. 50kg. A little shakey on the high hang, being tired from the full snatch and the hang, but I feel it’s an improvement.
    B. 105kg. Was very pleased at this little PB…until I went home and checked and realised I’d done it about 6 weeks ago. Should have gone for 106. Still, I feel like I’ve had a bit of a dip in form/strength, so this at least reverses the trend.
    C. Worked with Tim A – 11 rounds and 5 situps, then 8 cleans. I was suprised when I did the 2nd clean and could hardly stand up. Happy the that wall balls were solid and didn’t fatigue as I often do (well, not until the cleans anyway).

Pleased to have both Kenny and Ewen back in this morning (Tahni still gallavanting around in Vietnam). Exams are done for year 12s, so Kenny’s just a little less stressed. Both coming back from minor injury so taking it a bit slow/light.

• Brendo says:

50kg for the snatch – solid. A wobbly start with 30kg and 40kg but my shoulders seemed to get the idea after that.

80kg easy enough. 90kg didn’t want to happen this morning even though my 2RM is 95kg.

I have no idea what numbers Shane and I did this morning for this last bit. All I’ll say is that C&J after wall balls is balls.

• john parr says:

A: worked up to 65kg

B: worked up to 120kg

C: worked with zack
    P1 11rds 5 wall balls
    P2 14 clean and jerks

Awesome playing with 5pm crew!
    A. 35kgs, really happy with that!
    B. New 2RM of 65 up from 60. New 1RM of 70 up from 65
    C. Worked with Sara. 11 rounds and 2 wall balls I think? Then 7 c&j RX. I struggled getting to and holding my handstand still puffing from the first part!

• David N says:

– 47.5kg for the 3 position snatch. This is actually a PR.
    – 70kg double front squat. Failed the second at 80kg. I’ve done this at 80kg before..

At the end of the 12 min, we were happy to just aim for singles in the C&Js but I still only managed 2.

Awesome night working with Benny M!

A) hit 50kg and felt quite good in all 3 positions. Finally had a light bulb moment today and snatching felt comfortable again! (Thanks Ben!)

B) 2 @ 100 & 1 @105… twice -damnit! 2 reps weren’t happening tonight.

C) with Ben again – 13 rds and a few sit-ups then 20 C&Js? We were doing 3 reps each… so hard.
    More love for this programming, great job Coaches!

A: 45kg. Got the full and hang at 50kg, but lost the high hang. Gotta stop jumping forward!!
    B: 90kg (my old 1RM)
    C: Worked with Kettie and we got through 11 rounds and 10 wall balls? Then 14 C&Js at 40kg.

Walked in tonight expecting to scale / substitute a lot of things as I sprained my ankle last week, but it felt surprisingly good!

A: 30kg, felt good. Tried 32kg but didn’t lock out and failed from the hang.

B: 2 @ 60kg, failed the 2nd rep on my first attempt but got it on my second. Very happy with thistle as my last recorded 1rm is 58kg (Dec 13).

C: worked with Em which is always fun! P1 – 11 rounds plus 3 sit ups P2 – skipped the jerk as I didn’t want to jump on my ankle, we got 17 I think (but I wasn’t doing the jerk).

Good sess, glad my ankle is much better than I expected.

• Tom R says:

Was actually dreading coming in tonight. First time in a long time that I saw the WOD and considered bailing. Been apprehensive about snatches lately. Very glad I didn’t. After a good warmup, felt much better and get some depth on the catch.
    A) worked up to 45kgs, 2.5 off my max.
    B) 80kgs
    C) 10 rounds and some change with Paul. Got plenty of handstand practice.