Strict Press, Deadlift then Partner WOD

• 3×5 Deadlift

Conditioning:

15min Partner AMRAP – (eg. P1 goes while P2 rest and then vice versa):

• 10 x Push-ups
  • 10 x T2B
  • 10 x Pistols

Post loads, reps to comments.

coops

A. 30kgs, last rep was tough each round
    B. 80kgs, how can 30 kgs off 1RM feel so heavy?
    C. Scaled to knee raises and 16 inch box pistols. Worked with Fee. We finished the knee raises in round 7

A. 50kg. Pretty satisfied at that. Felt hard but perhaps a little too comfortable, so I might have been able to manage more.
    B. 110kg. Again felt like I might have lifted more, but keen to play it a bit safe as we haven’t deadlifted in a while.
    C. Worked with Tim A to finish 10 rounds a few seconds after the buzzer (I had 4 pistols left). Pistols were harder in the first couple of rounds, but I felt like I shook some of the lethargy out of the legs once we’d warmed up.

• Kylie says:

A. 30kgs, harder than they look!
    B. 55kgs. Haven’t done deadlifts since I first started!
    C. Scaled to knee p/ups, sit ups and 16 inch box pistols. I think we got through four rounds. Took too long to do the pistols.

A. Worked up to 25kg. Missed the last rep at 27.5kg but should get it next time thanks to some good tips from Couch B.
    B. Worked up to 75kg. Probably could have gone heavier as they felt easier then I expected.
    C. I think we got 8 rounds out? Just kept moving. Scaled to knee push ups, knee raises and pistols off a 20″ box.

Still on the “take-it-easy” antibiotics 🙁
    A) Sets at 40kg
    B) Got to 120kg for the 5, really wanted to go for more but… taking it easy. Damnit.
    C) Working with Joshy, finished 12 rds + 8 pistols.
    First 2 rds each were with T2B then went to ab-mat sit-ups due to ripped hands from yesterday. Great wod!

• Mark says:

A: 40kg strict presses
    Only 70kg deads, as I’m still coming back from a bad virus.

B: teamed up with Luke, and we got about 3 rounds each

A: 27.5kg, failed the last rep on the last set though!

B: 75kg, was tough but not too bad, felt great to do them again!

C: was fun to work with Amelia! we got 5 rounds and 10 t2b.