Back Squats, Pullups then Thrusters and Situps

Monday 16.06.14

Strength:

• 5×5 Back Squat
  • 3×5 Weighted Pull-Ups

Conditioning:

Partner AMRAP (10min):

• P1. 10 x Unloaded BB thrusters + 10 x situps
  • P2. Rest, then vice versa.

Post loads, reps to comments.

A: 55kg. Was concentrating on good form here.
    B: push ups with 5kg plate 4×5. This was good!!
    C: worked with the lovely Sharon, we completed 11 rounds (3 sit ups done after the buzzer)!

A. 4 sets @ 100kg. Felt heavy today. Legs were slow to warm up.
    B. 1 set @ 10kg, 2 @ 15kg.
    C. Worked with Tim A and we got 13 rounds and 10 thrusters. Fun workout – fast but enough time to (almost) catch breath.

A. Kept it a bit low at 60kgs, but was still hard.
    B. Worked on push ups
    C. Worked with Fee and almost finished 11 rounds. This was a good one!

A. Did 3 sets at 120kg and 1 at 110kg was spent at the end and couldn’t rush in a 5th set. 1st time lifting in oly shoes and im definitely feeling it in the top of my hammys bottom of glutes area which I must not have been using before.
    B. Set at 5kg and 8kg and 2 sets of 3 at 10kg couldnt quite finish them.
    C. Worked with mike and got 14 rounds on the buzzer

• Brendo says:

80kg. Thought about more, but that’s as far as it got.

2 @ 8kg and 1 with the flak jacket which I think was 10kg. Felt stronger with the jacket as I was able to hold better form without a massive nut swinging below me – might try for 15kg with the jacket next time.

Worked with Luke and we got 12 rounds + 7 sit-ups.

A: Worked up to 72kg. Wasn’t expecting a lot from my legs today, so was pleasantly surprised. Thanks to Amelia (hope that’s the correct spelling) for the encouragement 🙂
    B: 3 x 5 @ 5kg. I hope to be able to do this with a KB soon! Loved rocking my bumper backpack though!
    C: Amelia and I managed 14 rounds + 10 thrusters. Is it weird that I miss thrusters… 😐
    D: Delicious coffee and plenty of talk. Adapt is a dangerous place when it comes to me getting to work on time – wouldn’t have it any other way!

• Kylie says:

A. 35kg with full squats – very excited to be able to do full squats. Win!
    B. Worked on push ups – no more box p/ups for me, another win!
    C. Worked with Sharyn and only got a couple of rounds. Never done thrusters before… they hurt!

A: worked up to 55kg, but Becca said it was too light so I did the remaining sets at 60kg. Happy with that as my 1rm is 75kg. I think I onky did 4 sets in the end (1 @ 55kg5 3 @ 60kg).

B: started on just the red band but only got out 3. Got out 4 on red and pink and 4 1/2 on red and yellow.

C: worked with Ellyse, we had fun! 11 rounds plus 6 thrusters, good workout!

• john parr says:

A: maintained 110kg across all 5 sets

B: did a set at 16kg, tried 20kg (no dice) failed on the 5th, then tried 20kg again and failed 3rd rep

C: teamed up with Kim and we cranked out 12rds 5su

• pip says:

A: 60kg (way less than I should have done)
    B: yellow band. Need to get my strength back here. It’s gone walkabouts.
    C: worked with KJ and we got 14 rounds just as the timer went off.

Had a chilled out night tonight and just had fun.

A: Sets at 85kg. Felt heavy tonight!!
    B: 3 x 5 Sets on the orange band
    C: Worked with Kettie and we smashed out 14 rounds and 9 thrusters.

• Mark says:

A: 5 sets at 70kg
    2 sets at 10kg, then 3/5 at the same.
    B: Worked alone, 7 or so rounds ??