Ben’s Birthday WOD

Saturday 14.6.14

Coach B’s Birthday WOD (15.6.1978)

4 rounds for time (20 min cap):

• 15 HSPU
  • 6 squat snatches @ 60/40kg
  • 19 box jumps – 24/20″
  • 78 double-unders

Post training notes and times to comments.

Really happy to get to round 2! Scaled to push ups, 25th snatches and 16 inch box. Finished the snatches in round 2. 78 double unders one at a time, but only failed about 4! Now to figure out how to string em!

• Sam B says:

First off, happy birthday Coach B.

Got to 65(?) DUs in the second round. HSPUs off an abmat. 40kg snatches. (Was going to work with 45kg – my 1RM is 55kg, but after the HSPUs my shoulders weren’t up to it…) Got some great advice from Coach Bec, and my snatches were much, much better after that.

Given that the slightly irregular numbers for this WOD were based on Coach B’s date of birth, I could’t help but wish that he’d been born on 1st January…

Happy Birthday Ben!

1 round + 2 double unders. Scaled to 12″ box, 25kg and push ups. Got through the first round of double unders faster than I expected. Failed a lot but also got 10 in a row. Pleased with the snatches as this was a little heavier then I usually go.
    Great fun working with Sharon.

• David N says:

Happy birthday Ben! , Dave and Lize

Fun session this morning! HSPU were the limiter and I had to battle for every rep on the ab mat (thanks Craig, James and Ben for the help with my form) and double unders were a bit slow. 30kg for snatches. Finished 1 round plus 2 snatches.

Happy Birthday Ben!

Hmmmm, this was good and not so good!
    Got to 5 or 6 box jumps in the 3rd round – 35kg
    Massive mental challenge after I failed 4 or 5 snatches in the first round.. I had decided to go with 35kg after landing on my rear in the warm up (with 35kg)!
    Was rushing the first pull and after many fails, Coach Craig and B gave me a few cues to help set my head straight. Second round of snatches were better (couple of fails) but my 3rd round were the best! Thanks B and Karl ๐Ÿ˜‰
    All HSPU felt great with sets of 5’s & 3’s, DU good and box jumps good. Just them snatches ๐Ÿ˜›
    Would like to give this another crack when I’m properly warmed up for snatches.
    Best birthday wishes for tomorrow Coach B ๐Ÿ˜‰

• KJ says:

Happy birthday Ben. Congrats on the new space at the box – must feel good to have it finished by your birthday. Great WOD, coffee and people about this morning.