3RM OHS & some volume training

Tuesday 10.06.14

Strength

• 3RM OHS – taken from the floor

Conditioning

• EMOTM for 10 mins
  • 1-3 Bar Muscleups
  • filler is Box Jumps

Extra

• 800m run not for time, carrying baby seals

Post loads, time and training notes to comments

New 3RM of 45kgs up from 40 kgs
    Worked with 3 ring rows from low and about 4 box jumps on 16 inch
    Run was slow and consistent

A. 2 sets of 3 at 60kg. 1 rep then fail at 65kg.
    B. 4 strict pull ups throughout.
    C. 2 seals. Nothing much to say but pleased my dodgy knee held up. Progress – follows a session last week with a physio and a baker’s dozen of dry needles.

A. Got 70kg.
    B. Strict pullups – 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, then 2.5 for the rest. Just couldn’t maintain.
    C. 1 seal – but upped the pace on the second lap because I just had the 1.

A: Worked up to 50kg – should have gone for 55kg, but I hate dropping the bar on my shoulders. Need some serious work in this area!
    B: Stuck to 1 MU until about the 6min mark and then swapped for 3 strict pull ups, as my poor hands were getting ready to rip 🙁
    C: Just kept moving… only one baby seal 🙂

• Elaine says:

A:Got to 35kg and failed on the last rep @ 40kgs, I have done 3RM OHS @ 37.5kg from the rack previously so pretty happy with this effort even though I failed.
    B: Forearms were feeling a little numb so got a yellow band. Worked on three strict reps, concentrated on my form – 3,3,3,3,3,3,2,2,1,1.
    C. Did some sprinting yesterday so chose the newborn seal, no twins or toddlers for me today thanks!

Visited Crossfit Norwest in Sydney. Had two cracker sessions involving hang snatches, klokov high pull volume???? Defecit deadlifts, dumbbell snatches, slam balls(so much fun), handstand walks and hundreds of double unders !!!!
    Great box, but I miss adapt!

A. Worked at 25kg to improve form.
    B. Scaled to 5 ring rows and 12″ box jumps.
    C. Took a couple of baby seals out for a slow shuffle.

A: Worked up to 55kg – tough enough going from the ground rather than a rack.
    B: 2 strict pullups most of the rounds (2 or 3 rounds were singles) They felt better than last week whenwe did them with ring dips.
    C: 2 ikkle baby seals – awkwardness was the challenge, I chose to put one under each arm.

A; Got to 55kg. Lost 59kg behind me in the jerk to get it overhead. Think I could have got it with one more try, but we ran out of time.
    B: 2-3 strict pull-ups on an orange band each round.
    C: Took the 2 x 16kg kettle bell option. Figured I could do with some grip strengthening. Managed to get round without putting the bells down.

Was fun working with Charnel again, as always!

A: worked up to 45kg, felt good. Wasn’t confident to try 50kg as I wasn’t convinced I could get it from front rack to back rack. Maybe next time!

B: strict pull ups on red and yellow. Dropped the yellow later on, and managed 1-2 on the red band. Took it easy on the box jumps, have a sore foot and my knee is playing up a bit so thought I would do low impact and do step ups instead.

C: worked on the airdyne to keep impact low on knee and foot. Was Superwoman and got 103 calories in 5 minutes, I have Charnel and Tess as witnesses! (There may or may not have been a glitch in the calorie counter….no comment there).

Couch stretch hurt but feel so much better for it, quads are definitely thanking me now!