Elizabeth

Saturday 07.06.14

“Elizabeth” (12 minute cap)

21-15-9:

• 60/40kg Cleans
  • Ring Dips (Scaling Push Ups)

Coaches Notes

Clean:

• Make sure your Clean breaks parallel (otherwise it’s called a Power Clean)

Ring Dips:

• Bicep must touch/be level with the top of the ring then to finish your arms must be at full extension
  • Use the kip to save smoking your arms/chest

Post loads, times and training notes to comments.

Great morning in the box. Awesome work by everyone there especially Kirsten for battling out the last two pushups to finish the workout.

I was scaled to 50kg and Pushups. Finished in 9:38.
    Thanks to Coach B and Coach Coops and to Mark for the support and encouragement.
    Thanks also to Coach/Barista B for some great morning coffee.

I was a little disappointed to have to scale the cleans. That is, until I started. Probably an act of mercy really. Finished in 9:28.
    Last attempt in May last year was 12:30. Don’t have notes on weight so not sure if that was RX.
    Enjoyed a chance to meet and work with Phil this morning. Also enjoyed hanging around to relax and chat for a bit afterwards.

• James says:

10:19 RX – this was probably the closest I have come to puking in a WOD ever. So much lactic burn.
    We had a MASSIVE day in the gym yesterday lying all the rubber and cutting rubber and swapping rubber and throwing rubber – so much rubber! The new “East Side” (open gym) looks amazing and the “West Side” now has a LOT more space. So much room for activities! And duck walks, bear crawls, spider crawls, lunges etc etc So in conclusion; Open Gym, get on it.

• KJ says:

Happy to have been able to go RX this morning. First time squating with a bar for 2 weeks. Hammy def on the mend!
    Lovely to pair up with Bron.

• Heinex says:

Hey Gang. -2 this morning. Had to suffer a balmy 30 degrees in Bali.
    Don’t worry. I’ll pay the for xtra kgs when kgs when i get back.
    Have done a couple of cardio sessions but gotta find a gym to practice bar work. May try Randy.as I don’t think anyones got rings here. Coach B- more than happy for you to sponsor me to run a Bali Adapt box. 🙂 Miss you guys….. some :0
    BTW the locals thought handstand push ups were nuts.

35kg, scaled to pushups – 8:58
    Squats certainly smoked my quads.

• kirsten says:

6am Saturday is my favourite session of the week!
    this was TOUGH
    scaled to push ups and finished after the buzzer at around 12.50
    HUGE thanks to Sam B.
    its Tuesday and my arms are still sore…