Snatch Max then a double under ladder

Friday 06.06.14

Strength

• Snatch Max in 15 mins
  • 3x ME TnG Snatches @60% of above

Conditioning

• 8 min ladder // each set must be performed unbroken
  • 5 KB Swings 24/16
  • 5 Double Unders
  • 10 Swings
  • 10 Double Unders
  • 15 Swings
  • 15 …..

Post loads, reps and notes to comments

A.1) Worked up to and then worked at 55kg. Trying to keep my balance on the catch.
    A.2) Did these at 35kg. Got 8 then 7 then 1.

B) Work with Elaine today πŸ™‚
    Only got into the 10’s. I couldn’t string more than 7 Single-Single-Doubles together.

Great day in the box!

A. Stuck with 20kgs to work on my neural pathways!
    B. Again, 20kgs, did 5, 6 and 7
    C. Got into the round of 10!!! I’ve never put 5 double unders together before, so super pleased, even if there were singles in between!

A: this was quite terrible. Got a few messy lifts at 35kg (way off my best).
    B: at 25kg did 6, 7, 7. Much happier with this
    C: stoked to get to 21 of the 35KB swings. Managed to do all D/U unbroken. It was the swings that smashed me.
    Struggled to wash my hair this morning! Great session.

A. On Jason’s sensible advice I went for 61kg and got it. New PB. Got 65 overhead, took it for a meandering walk and dropped it. Still I take heart from that.
    B. I think 7, 6, 6. Not pretty on the last ones.
    C. 21 DU in the round of 35 (and finished them after the buzzer).

A. Worked at 25kg trying to get the movement smoother.

B. Then worked at 20kg for the TnG (4, 4, 6). Felt like I’ve made some small improvements in technique. Baby steps but still feels good.

C. Got stuck at 15 double unders. Got the first 5 unbroken after a few attempts and then did singles in between for the set of 10.

D. Post WOD coffee at the new espresso bar. Best coffee I have had in a long time. Think I will have to make a habit of this πŸ˜€

A1: PB! 47.5kg (previously 45kg from the ground). I felt like I was moving really well this morning so went for the 50kg – just a little bit on my toes with heels off the ground when I got under but got under it quick enough. So pleased cos I know I’ll have it in the next couple of weeks. Looks like dialling it back last week to work on the pull from 3 to 2 has paid off!
    A2: 10,10,8 – sooo puffed after each set, felt like a met con!! Could have held on for more but was conscious of time and that we had 3 sets to do. Not a lot of rest in between.
    B: 35 KBS – finished the last few after the buzzer, I had got that far I wasn’t letting go – forearms and fingers were pretty fried afterwards.
    Double unders were ok today, had a few misses at 14 & 15 reps but kept my head together after I restarted. Worked with Karen who also got to 35KBS and all sets unbroken with no restarts.
    Awesome morning in the gym (including the coffee!) πŸ™‚

• Brendo says:

Snatch max – rubbish.
    Snatch volume – 10, 9, 7 @ 30kg. My forearms were no longer responding properly after the second round so the final attempt in the 3rd round was a big drive up from the floor that never left the hips. :/
    This last bit was fun – 12/20 DUs (happy to get through 15). Great soundtrack – thanks Sean!

A) 65kg, Tried 70kg a few times but no dice. Its right there – just need to stick it.
    B) 40kg. Didn’t really count – just worked till my grip went.
    C) 20/35 KB Swings. Grip is well and truly gone after this weeks T2Bs and today.

• Matt B says:

Managed 75kg which is an equal PB. 80 is there, I just need all the stars to align πŸ™‚

I went to poo on the 60% snatches…i just struggled with tekkers with the lighter weight under fatigue.

Then I hilariously managed the round of 30 (a few seconds over time) by wildly jumping around the entire box…. i think Dom had to move a kb outta the way for me hehe

• Elaine says:

A. New PB of 35kg – really happy with that – not the best form but I got it and can work on making it pretty @35 now πŸ™‚
    B. Did 21kg, first round got 8 – happy with form and felt easy, second lot got sloppy, felt difficult and only got to 5 by the third round concentrated on form and got to 7.
    C. Bah stuck on 9/15 DU’s but I’ve managed to break the interval pattern I was stuck on.
    Great working with Ray this morning and seeing his DUs coming together. Congrats to Fee for smashing this out !

A: Tried for 52kg but just couldn’t get it – annoying. My current PB is 50. I was under the bar every time at least, it was just too far in front to hold on to.
    B: Worked at 35kg. Did 8 reps each set.
    C: Thought this would just be 8 mins of DU practice for me, but I actually managed to get through the round of 5, 10 AND 15! So that is the most DUs I have ever strung together before! Timed out somewhere in the midst of trying to get the 20 DU.