Clean and Jerk then Partner AMRAP

Wednesday 04.06.14

So you can have too much protein…

Weightlifting:

• Max clean & jerk

Conditioning Part A:

• 5 x strict ring dips
  • 5 x strict pull-ups

* Rest at least 60 seconds between sets (1 x ring dips, 1 x pull-ups, rest). Try to maintain reps across all sets.

Conditioning Part B:

12min Partner AMRAP:

• 200m run
  • 5 x TouchNGo cleans @ 60/40kg
  • 5 x Lateral bar burpees

Post loads, reps to comments or TotalWOD.

Open Gym Memberships Available:

• Open gym has started, memberships are an extra $40 per person per month.
  • No need to book just rock up in the available times!
  • From 9th June the permanent times are below, (for this weeks time check in the gym).
Mon – Thurs7am – 2pm / 4pm – 8pm
Fri4pm – 7pm
Sat6am – 11am
Coach B

A. Managed 45kgs but failed each attempt at 50kgs which is my 1RM
    B. Scaled to ring dips on tippy toes, managed about 3 each round
    C. Scaled to push ups managed 5 each round, tried not to kip!
    D. Worked with Char, just finished 5 rounds, scaled to 30kgs cleans.

A) 80kg was good, I was too slow under the bar for the 90kg so I wasn’t able to catch properly.

B1) Averaged 5 Ring Dips with a orange band
    B2) 5 Pull Ups on the Blue Band

C) Worked with Dave P and finished 5 rounds and 1 200m Run.

Still feeling a little off the mark due the cold. Strength is reasonable but stamina runs out pretty bloody quickly.
    A. Worked up to a couple at 80, but last attempt was shaky so dropped back to a couple at 60 to keep my form (and spirits) up.
    B. Ring dips 12, 7, 7, 6, Pullups 6, 6, 6, bleagh. Didn’t get to the 5th set (and wasn’t terribly disappointed by that).
    C. Worked with Mike and we got 6 rounds plus Mike’s 3 or so cleans. Was glad Mike went first because I had nothing left after three rounds. With the cold, the sore throat and the paint fumes I was not far off a visit from Pukey.

• Kylie says:

Legs were feeling really fatigued this morning…
    A: 50kg – was going for a 1RM attempt at 53.5kg but I think I loaded up my bar to 57! No wonder I wasn’t getting under it… shame I didnt just pull that one out of nowhere though ha ha
    B: push-ups and assisted ring dips. Getting sets of 5-6 legit push-ups pretty consistently now.
    C: Worked with Kayla (welcome back!!), and got through almost 3 rounds each. I scaled to 35kg cleans. I need to learn to breathe better in metcons like this.

• Polly Drover says:

Good to get back into it after a few weeks off!
    A. Worked on technique at 20kgs – still a long way to go, though Coops gave me me much appreciated feedback and assistance (Thanks Coops).
    B.1. Push-ups – getting there, things have finally started to click and I can get a few together on toes now 3 on toes, 3 on knees each round.
    B.2. Pull-ups – almost got one strict without band – chin touched bar, but not over it. Otherwise used orange band… pretty shattered by last round.
    C. Worked solo today. Was fun – great to get so much encouragement from the 5:30 crew (thanks all!). Think I did 5 rounds – was pretty blurry by the end of it.

• James says:

Small 10am class this morning, it was pretty “chill”.
    A: 105kg. 2.5 PB
    B: Worked without a partner, and rested 1:30 between rounds. 4 Rds and 200m completed on the buzzer. Splits 1:25,1:28,1:15,1:24

Worked with newbie Amelia tonight, awesome work for her first Adapt session!
    A: PB 67.5kg – up from 66kg. Wasn’t sure what my current 1RM was till afterwards, sometimes it’s better not to know and just go with it 😉
    B: Stuck to 3 ring dips off my toes, strict pullups: 2 for the first and singles for the rest
    C: 6 rounds and the run, just got to the platform on the buzzer, thought I might get 1 clean – jelly legs.
    Good session 🙂

Haha, that video is awesome!

A: didn’t PR, but Got 55kg which is only 2kg off my PR. Jerk was a bit of a press, need to drop under more!

B: worked on pull ups on red then dropped to red and yellow. Dips on toes, nothing special here.

C: struggled with this today, feeling pretty sore and fatigued. Dis the Airdyne instead of the run due to my knee not feeling quite right. We got 4 rounds plus 2 burpees, always fun training with Em!

• Mark says:

A: 60, 70kg ok. 80kg failed, but close
    B: Ring dips 11, 7, 5, 5, 3. Pullups 6, 5, 3, 2, 1.
    C: Worked with Brendo and got four rounds plus one run. I managed to beat Ben on the final sprint (but he didn’t know he was racing until I had a 10 meter lead!)

• john parr says:

A: PRed!!!!!!!!!!! by 1 kg! and did 101kg

B: tried to do 7 reps across all sets, but that did happen
    first 3 sets went that way, but not the rest

C: teamed up with brian and we managed 6 rounds 1 run.
    those burpees were surprisingly quick