3 Pos Snatch, T2B, Pistols and Double unders

Tuesday 03.06.14

Open gym update, see a coach for more info.

Strength

• 3 Position Snatch

Conditioning

• 10 min AMRAP
  • 5 T2B
  • 10 Pistols
  • 15 Double unders

Post loads, times and notes to comments

A. Not my best day on the snatch. Struggled with 60 from the hi hang.
    B. Made up for my snatches with T2B – light bulb moment, stringing together the 5’s. Managed to get through 8 rounds right on the buzzer (with assisted pistols). Great working with Mark today.

I couldn’t help noticing how often you were coming back to the bar. And how quickly you were leaving it again. Good effort.

Worked with Polly – always entertaining!
    A. Stuck with 20kgs to work on technique
    B. Knee raises and pistols onto 12 inch box with 10kg plate. Slow and steady. Got to 3 pistols in the 3rd round.

Glad to be back after a whole week off with a cold. Absolutely no exercise for the week and still a little weak so took it quite easy.
    A. Stayed at 40kg. Pretty happy with the form.
    B. Didn’t expect to get any pistols so I was pleasantly surprised to be able to do a few unassisted, even on my weaker side. Still plenty that ended with me rolling onto my back. Think I got to a few pistols into the 5th round.

As an aside, I was working with Tim this morning and adjusted the length of my rope for the DU for him. Then tried it myself and it was much better than I have been before. So getting the rope length right helps. Who knew?

• Sam B says:

A: Stuck with 40kg to work on dropping under the bar without apprehension. Slowly getting there…

B: 4 DUs off 6 rounds. Pistols are slowly coming along.

A: 35kg – first attempt my movements weren’t great, but second time around was solid. I probably could have gone for 40kg, but would have struggled with the high hang ๐Ÿ˜
    B: Just shy of finishing my 10th round rx… I had one pistol and the DUs to go! Was on track for one round per minute until the 7-8 minute mark, and then the cardio caught up with me! My butt is gonna be sore tomorrow!

• Kylie says:

A: Got the 3 at 27kg. Was moving quite well but couldn’t get past 2 at 30kg – Need to do more work on stabilisation cause I have it in my head that I can’t catch heavier weights.
    B: 4 rounds with pistols on to a 20 inch box with Nay’s help. Tall people are not meant to pistol. Such a struggle. T2B were fun fast singles.

A. Did some technique work with the bar. Got some good tips on feet position from Couch B and worked on OH squats keeping toes pointed forward.

B. 4 rounds + 1 knee raise. James supported me to do scaled pistols and I also scaled to knee raises.

Enjoying the skill work.

• James says:

A: 70kg – a big win for me today.
    B: 9rds and 5 pistols. Ben made it an emom for me from the get go but one of my rounds took me 1:30 (bad knees i say) – so I was playing catchup for the last 5 mins. This was a super fun skill workout.

Didn’t get much sleep so took it easy today.

A: worked up to 30kg, kept coming a bit forward as I stood up but I blame lack of sleep.

B: did assisted pistols, thanks Ellyse! Got 4 rounds plus 4 T2B. Pistols are getting closer, managed one with a ground touch on one leg, not so much on the other.

A: Got 40kg. Bit too far forward for the hang at 45kg.
    B: Very frustrating T2B – got some, missed a lot. BUT did unassisted pistols!! good on my right leg, need to get a bit lower on my left and keep control of it. For once dobule unders weren’t that bad haha. Great to work with Kristy!

A: Worked to 42kg. Planned to go to 35kg as my movements have been a little off lately (jumping forward) but was feeling really good so added weight little by little. ๐Ÿ™‚
    B: 4 rounds & 6 pistols. After getting pistols last week on my left leg, I was determined to go Rx. Definitely getting much better with them and feeling confident they will improve over next few weeks – got some extra hot tips from Becca “The Boss”. Toes to Bar were the best they’ve ever been – no singles! Some skill work at open gym this lunchtime certainly paid off. Next up is to get rid of the extra little kip between reps. On target for end of the month.
    Really happy with my little wins today. ๐Ÿ™‚