Back Squats then DUs, Muscle ups and Burpess

Monday 02.06.14

Strength:

• 5RM Back Squat

Conditioning:

12min Clock:

• 100 Double Unders

AMRAP in remaining time:

• 3 Bar Muscle Ups (scale: pull-ups)
  • 6 HSPU (scale: push-ups)
  • 9 Burpees

Post loads, reps to comments or TotalWOD.

coops

A. New 5RM of 70kgs (up from 65kgs)
    B. Coops took pity on me at the 7 minute mark and I smoved on after 42 double unders. Scaled to ring rows and push ups I got to 4 push ups in my third round.

• Elaine says:

A. a new 5RM of 50kgs (up from 45kgs) failed at 55kgs as I got a bit dizzy but did manage 3 of them.
      B. I am finally starting to break the interval style DUs I have been stuck on for what seems forever. Every time I do them now I stringing together more than previously. Scaled to pull-ups with a kip as I need to work on it and got through two rounds and one pull up into third.

A. Worked with Luke up to 85kg (both watching our backs)
    B. Got 5 HSPU out in my 4th round. Just couldn’t get the 6th. Need to focus on keeping my butt off the wall. Scaled MUs to strict pull ups.

• Kylie says:

A: 5RM of 60kg – was using this as my 1RM a couple of months back. Might even have been able to go a little heavier? Felt like I was moving well
    B: Got to 3 push-ups in the 3rd round, scaled to red + yellow on pull-ups and full push-ups. Pull-ups were definitely the limiter.

Cash out: As the odd one out this morning I decided to practice DU’s for 12 minutes while the second heat went – did 400. Yep my calves are not going to be happy tomorrow!

• Kylie says:

A. Finally got to do some back squats after not being able to do them for a while. Got up to 20kgs, felt good! Still don’t have a full squat yet.
    B. Scaled to single skipping, ring rows and box push ups. Missed out on the burpees in the 4th round.

A. Worked up to 55kg. Chest still dropping on last few reps but got some great tips from Couch Coops.

B. Moved on from the double unders after 8 mins (got 70 out). Then did 1 round + 1 burpee with push ups and ring rows. Push ups and burpees were the limiters.

A: Worked up to 65kg then managed [email protected] and decided that the next two reps just weren’t happening. Should have tried for 70kg.
    B: Completed three rounds + 1 muscle up. I did muscle ups on the rings instead of bar in order to save my hands from ripping!
    Great way to start the week!

• Mark says:

A: 60kg and 70kg ok, 80 no go (best was three from memory). 75kg ok for five.

B: Coops decided I needed to do an extra 50 double unders, just ‘coz. So after that I got two full rounds plus 3 muscle ups. M/U’s were for the most part ugly under fatigue, but I was getting there. HSPU were tough too.

• Brendo says:

Have no idea what my 5RM was, but my 1RM is 102. Given that I got 90kg for my 5RM today, that sounds like a win in my book.

Was double-undering so fast this morning that I broke my rope. Actually, they weren’t fast so it was just a plain old rope fail, but I almost got Coops as he was innocently walking past. Another win! :p Ended up with 2 full rounds plus 3 strict HSPUs and I did C2B instead of muscle ups.

• john parr says:

A: worked to 120kg, then tried 130kg but didn’t get the last one, probably should of gone 125kg. Either way I think I will have jelly legs in a few days.

B: RXed it (did the 100 double unders unbroken), and did 6 rounds 3 bar muscle ups

A) Got 5 at 105kg, my 1RM is 120 (or more?) and I think I’ve done this at 110 before… Only got 1 out at 110 today.

B) 100 unbroken DUs – BOOM! New Achievement 😀 (Considering I signed up for Open Gym today too, this is going in with my 2014 goal of a sub 6 minute Annie)
    Failed Bar MUs today, kept getting sternum to bar but chest was up rather than over so I did several attempts at MUs (hitting 10 – 20 C2B pull-ups per round) then went on and did the rest of the WOD, hitting that hurdle a few times. Was good to just work on this, my head is my biggest challenge (shut up Cindy… haha) – I tell myself I’ve failed the rep before I even attempt it…

• Tom R says:

Had my first experience in open gym. Some pull up practice and sit-ups. I had some fun on the rope climbs which I regretted later
    A) 85kgs, new 5RM by 10kgs and 5 off my 1RM. New 1RM coming up!
    B) 5 rounds and 1 burpee. Now the regret sinks in. Happy with that effort but need to get comfortable with stringing together pull-ups. Scales to C2Bs and Push-ups.

• Will_C says:

A) Scored a new 5RM today of 130kgs which I’m extremely happy with. Pretty sure a new 1RM must be on the horizon with my 2RM sitting at 140 and my current 1RM being 145kgs
    B) Not my finest double unders after the bloody rope knotted as soon as I started lol. Felt like it was forever until I started the C2B!! Tried Bar MU but no bingo, but made it to the 6th set of push ups. With the new open gym I’m determined to finally get HSPU!! I’m well overdue dammit!

• James says:

A; 125, 130 for a double (again)
    B: 4Rds + 3 HSPU – shoulders were fried by the last round.
    Also; open gym. Enough said

• pip says:

A: 80kg. The last two reps were dirty as. This was my 3rm from last week so it’s not really surprising.

B: 2 HSPU in my 4th round. Double unders were not my friend tonight.