Hang Clean + 2 Jerks, then pullups and pistols

Friday 30.05.14

Strength

• Hang Clean + 2 Jerks
  • work to a max

Conditioning

• 30-20-10
  • Pullups
  • Pistols

Post loads, times and notes to comments and totalWOD

A: Just worked with bar plus 5’s – couldn’t go higher due to stupid injury!
    B: subbed p/u’s for KB swings at 20kg and scaled pistols with box. JUST missed out on completing in the 10mins, I had one pistol on my weak left leg to do, and I got stuck at the bottom. I did finish it, but after the buzzer….. grrrrrrr

A. Stayed at 30 and 35 kg to work on jerk technique. Got some good pointers from Couch Sean. Cleans were good this morning, but I didn’t want to go heavier as my legs are pretty sore.

B. Scaled to ring rows and 20″ box + plate for the pistols. Finished the round of 20 just after the buzzer. Went a little slower than normal πŸ˜‰

A: Worked with sets at 50kg & 55kg to get a better jerk – I seem to dip my elbows before the jerk and don’t drive it off my shoulders before I drop under causing it to go a tiny bit forward… Dunno what it is for the last couple of weeks but feel like I’m losing form with my lifts or maybe I’m just trying to perfect them a bit more, who knows, time will tell.
    B: 28/30 pistols – unassisted pistols on both legs! πŸ™‚ Before today I only had unassisted on my right leg. Coach Sean gave a couple of pointers before the WOD on controlling the descent to a certain point and then bouncing out on my weak left leg and it worked!
    There certainly is a sweet spot for getting it right where if I don’t control it down low enough, I get stuck at the bottom with no bounce – damn gravity! πŸ˜‰
    Pullups were slow, did small sets kipping (some 3 mostly 2’s) but took me a while to get into them.
    Was happy just to chip away at this one and walk out of the gym with legit pistols πŸ™‚
    C: Some sets of tricep dips on paralette bars with legs elevated on a bench to build up ring dip strength
    Getting excited for New/Open Gym πŸ˜›

• Brendo says:

70kg – still not getting low enough on the split, but I’m claiming it anyway.

Thought I was doing alright on this one until about the 8 minute mark where I just happened to catch a glimpse of Rosey having a recovery espresso after his sub-6 minute “effort”. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that guy raise a sweat! Anyway, completed the round of 20 with scaled pistols to a 12″ box.

• Sam B says:

A: 70kg, which is the first time I’ve ever got a jerk at that weight – and I got two! I’ve been chasing 70kg as a 1RM for C&J, now I can move beyond it… Really happy.

B: Got to 8 pistols in the round of 20. Pleased with my pull-ups, generally able to string them together ok. Did pistols unassisted. Was taking my time until Coach B walked past and said I should be doing them faster. So I did them faster… now having trouble walking…

• Mark says:

A: 40, 60, 70 ok. 80 Got the clean, but no jerk. It’s close.
    B: 8:33 Rx. Tried to string some butterly pullups together and got maybe 5 at a time, but quickly went back to kipping.

• James says:

A: 92.5kg. felt alot better than 90. 95 was definitely there but i spent too much time talking shit on Steveo with Dom.
    B:8:09 I think – went to strict pulliups in the round of 20 to stop a tear. Pistols felt really fast today – also Jesse would make a pretty good drill instructor. All I could do was say “Yes Sir.” – if I wasn’t so puffed.