snatch triple, front squats and abbadabbas…

Thursday 29.5.14

A: Work up to a heavy snatch triple (only progress loads if your form is flawless)

B: 10 mins to work up to a heavy double front squat

B: mini ab circuit

Post loads and training notes to comments or totalWOD

Coach B

A: Stayed at 30kg for most of my lifts to work on the first pull and bar path. Keeping hips low from 3 to 2 (balls to heels) but sometimes feel that I lose tension in hammies. I have also started jumping forward recently as well, bar path was going a little forward. so focused on correcting that before it becomes habit.
    Finished up 3 @ 35kg with decent form a minimal jump forward.
    B: worked up to 65kg – solid
    C: Always good to work on the abbadabbas ๐Ÿ˜‰

A. Worked up to 30kgs which is where my head messes me up, ended up doing power cleans and squats. Coach Ben made me go back down to 20kgs and then I “lifted like a boss”. Need to figure out how to keep doing that at high weights. 9,990 more to go!
    B. Went to 55kgs – calves and butt were too sore from Fake Karen to do more
    C. I suck at abs, really need to do 5 mins abs work each day, no excuses.

A. Got 60kg out comfortably for the triple. Tried my hand at a single with 70 on the buzzer but no dice.
    B. A few at 80kg – my back still doesn’t like the front rack position.
    C. Boo – nearly had to have a word with coops out the back when he suggested doing an extra round ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Coach B says:

trained with the 10am crew.

A: 85 for a triple. 90 for a single (looks like yesterday did have an impact)

B: worked up to 130kg (same as last front squat double but acceptable considering 150 wall balls yesterday)

C: It’s one thing to run my classes through this but as I was to find out, it’s a lot tougher than it sounds.

D: re-strung the ropes up (heaps better now) and did a mini metcon (10x 1 legless rope climb + 60m run with Karl un-timed) then left Annie and Em to paint the door trims next door – thanks girls ๐Ÿ™‚

• James says:

A: 65 pretty comfortably, 70 not so much – just a single.
    B: 110kg and as suggested, no PRs after yesterday.
    C: working on my #abslikeannie

• EmilyB says:

A) 32.5kg, then 2 at 35kg, just couldn’t get that last one.

B) Worked up to 80kg. Failed second rep but this is a 10kg PB on my front squat so pretty happy with that.

C) Ow.

D) Pistol attempts and door-trim painting (definitely not for time) Next door is coming together nicely, so excited to see it finished!

• Sam B says:

A: 40kg. Tried 45kg, but no dice. My form today was off, and I had to concentrate to get it back. My biggest failings were not setting right before lifting the bar off the ground, and apprehension at getting under the bar. I know full well that I need to do LOADS more empty bar work, but haven’t been doing nearly enough. So in order to step up to the plate, I will do some every morning I come in for the next month. If you see me NOT doing it one morning, come and rouse on me…

B: 85kg.

C: Yeah, this was a grind.

• john parr says:

A: worked to 55kg, tried 60kg but just didn’t have it tonight

B: worked to 110kg, tried 115kg but just didn’t have it

C: why?

• Leanne says:

A) stayed at 25kg trying to solidify that pathway. Widen my grip a little and the bar actually felt lighter… But ran out of time to perfect it.
    B) 50kg x2 … New 1rm of 52kg!!
    C) nasty work but I kinda like it

• Cindyd says:

I crashed a 7pm class with #craigtalksfunny

A: 37.5kg x 3….I’m thrilled with this, I haven’t been doing a full snatch since Feb & this weight felt good.

B: 2 x 55kg, then Pip decided to go heavy…unfortunately I couldn’t match it, I got 1 x 65kg, failed the second rep…or rather while I was in the bottom of the squat I decided I didn’t want to play anymore & dropped the bar.

C: Abs…I didn’t whinge as much as I thought I would, so that’s a win. Quad felt good in a plank for the first time in months!

• pip says:

A: worked up to 37.5kg. Although I ended up doing this weight what felt like about 20 times as I kept losing my third rep behind me. Don’t know what was up with that.

B: just 65kg here tonight. No PB’s. Although considering I was laughed at at work today because of how I was moving after Karen yesterday, I was just happy to be squatting (semi) normally.

C: yep. Never gets easier.

A: 45kg went up nice and easy – No dice at 50 (not surprising as it is my 1RM), moved back to 47.5 and could only get 2 out.
    B: A double at 85 and a single at 90, no new PBs, but at least they were equal.
    C: Nuff said.