Max height box jump and Wall Ball WOD…

Wednesday 28.05.14

Skill:

• Max height box jump

Conditioning:

For time,ย Karen:

• 75 Wall balls
  • 75 Double unders
  • 75 Wall balls
  • 75 Double unders
  • 30 T2B

Post heights, times to comments or TotalWod.

scariest looking whiteboard ever!

A. Finally got my 20 inch box jump, built up from the 16 inch with weight plates.

B. Got to 22 double unders. More than I expected!

• coops says:

For those who didn’t get their height this morning, 20kg bumper plates are about 8.5cm, 15kg 6.5cm, 10kg 4.5cm and 5kg 2.5cm.

A: I think 28 inch! Attempted the higher one but no bingo there.
    B: got to 21 double unders in 2nd round. Scaled UP to 16kg (8 in each hand) dumbbell thrusters, due to injury.
    When you have an injury (and when Coops is the coach) and think ‘awesome, I am going to be given an easy alternative movement,’ THINK AGAIN!
    I just hope I don’t break any toilet seats today!

A. Moved up to the 12inch box.
    B. I still love wall balls! Got 11 wall balls into 2nd round. Very happy with this. Double unders are getting better. ๐Ÿ™‚

awesome work today!!

• Elaine says:

Great work Amanda you smashed those wall balls out ๐Ÿ™‚

• Elaine says:

A. Worse thing about doing max effort stuff, you keep going until you fail and failing box jumps is not pretty. Got myself a nice shin bruise. Was actually fun watching other people get high jumps though. Fee I think we made it up to 30 inch?
        B. Managed to do 10 wall balls in a row Monday but felt the engine was run down today and did not get past 4 in a row. Got up to 46 DU in 1st round.
        Feel completely wasted after today. I have my full body compression gear on under my work clothes today ๐Ÿ™‚

• Heinex says:

A) Coops – what about 25kg plates?
    B) I am crushed – 28 T2B when the buzzer went. ๐Ÿ™ All that effort for NO BINGO !
    -Way to smash it Rosebud.

A. We did a quick measure at the end – about 106cm for me.
    B. 3 T2B – really happy with this. Will struggle to walk today though I think.

• Mark says:

A: Great to see Rosey’s efforts here. Impressive.
    I got a 24″ box plus 6 x 20kg plates – I add this to 112cm. This is a 10cm PR compared to last time
    Chucked a 10kg on top but could only land that one on one foot??

B: Like Karen doesn’t suck enough already!!
    30 wall balls into round 2. I tried to string 5 shots together at a time, which mostly worked, but wall balls just crush me.

• James says:

A: I think everyone agrees that this was an awesome way to warm up to a horrible WOD. 120cm (47″) max height today.
    B: 13:51 had a few practice attempts on the 12kg ball afterwards…. no thank you.

• Kylie says:

I got box jumps today!!!! So happy to progress from stepping up! I think I got to the 12 inch box with Amanda. JOY!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Haven’t got double unders yet… but I’ll get there!

Awesome work on stringing the wall balls together!! ๐Ÿ˜€ And I think I remember you getting 16″ box + plate (10kg??).

You got the 16 inch Kylie! Amazing work!

• Cindyd says:

A: I got 83cm in the box jumps, I’m happy with this considering I’m a short arse. Annoyed I chickened out on the 93cm.

B: Got to 60 wall balls in the second round, I tried to pace these, getting calf cramps in the second round was not fun.

Great to catch up with some of the girls that usually do mornings….. do more 5pm!!

• Leanne says:

20″ box jumps !!!
    Worked up from the 16″ adding mats one at a time. Sean put a 20″ box next to it but I couldn’t jump on it even though I did 6 on the mats (our brains are powerful things but sometimes wish it would shut up)
    It was good to work by myself as well and have no pressure but LOVED watching everyone stack them plates up high!!!

75 wall balls ( most I’ve ever done with the yellow ball) and 15 DU, I’m happy tonight ๐Ÿ˜

A: 93cm
    B: 17 T2B – stoopid single t2b, would have finished if I could do multiples. I will string them together by the end of June – bring on Open Gym! ๐Ÿ™‚

• KJ says:

Joined the 7pm crew tonight – coz I needed to de-stress!
    Biggest challenge for me was making the decision to scale the WOD and still train (with an injury)
    No box jumps or wall balls tonight.
    Instead Sean subbed push ups.
    So got through 150 push ups
    150 DU AND 17 T2B.
    So when none of you can sit on the toilet tomorrow…I won’t be able to lift my arms.
    Good job Tahni on getting through that WOD – I know you ‘love’ wall balls as much as I do! You did good.

• pip says:

A: Nothing spectacular. Was about 80cm. Has been a long time since doing max box jumps and it got into my head a lot more than I thought it would.

B: 70/75 wall balls in the second set. I really hate wall balls.

And I havent taken my skins off since.

• john parr says: