1rm OHS then a ladder

Tuesday 27.05.14

Strength

• 1RM Overhead Squat

Conditioning

• 8 mins to climb the ladder
  • 2 Cleans 60/40
  • 2 Lateral Bar Burpees
  • 200m run
  • 4 Cleans
  • 4 Burpees
  • 200m run
  • 6 Cleans
  • 6 Burpees
  • 200m run
  • 8 Cle…..

Post loads, rounds and training notes to comments

A. Have been waiting for an 1RM OHS – got to ring the bell three times, went up from 45kgs to 52.5 kgs. Super happy.
    B. Worked with Amanda – awesome fun as we generally just compete in our heads! My cleans were appalling as I was wrecked by the runs, but I got to 5 burpees in the round of 6’s.
    Love today’s session!

A: bam 50kg. I think my wrist straps from Nic helped this PR. I think I have 55kg in the tank though.
    B: 3 burpees into round 8. I like running, but wow, my quads felt like cement by round 3!!!

A. 80kg PR – felt solid. Most I’ve done previously is 65kg. Think I’ve got more the tank.
    B. Worked with Mark on this toughy. Finished the cleans in the round of 8. Very happy with this as I’m starting to be able to string a few together which has been a goal of mine. Made a conscious decision in the last round to slow it down and protect my back (and catch my breath also πŸ™‚ ).

Good session

• Sam B says:

A: 65kg, a new PR, and felt I had more in the tank.

B: Finished round of 6. Would have liked to go further, but took the cleans slow. Mostly pretty good form, dropping under the bar well most of the time.

A. 35kg pb
    B. 4 cleans in round of 6.
    Had fun going to the 5.30 session and working with Sharon πŸ˜€

A: Worked with Kenny this morning and we both got 65kg on our second attempt. So stoked, well over my body weight!
    B: Buzzer went off part way through my run after the 8 cleans Rx. This was tough, especially with my sore glutes from the lunges yesterday.
    As always, was a pleasure working with a Lawler this morning πŸ™‚

• James says:

A: 90kg felt good. Lots of PBs in the 10am which was cool!
    B: 5/10 cleans – ouch.

• kirsten says:

still recovering from being sick last week so strength isn’t quite back yet
    A: 40kg
    B: just finished the 8 cleans on the buzzer – did 5 calories on the airdyne instead of the runs.
    my legs were so sore already after yesterday… πŸ™‚

• Matt B says:

Trained at the office today cos I couldn’t make it to the box. Managed 85kg (13kg PR), which gives me confidence that I can hit a 80kg snatch in the near future πŸ™‚
    Then hit 10 cleans, although I used a treadmill for the running

• Cindyd says:

A: I stayed at 40kg, I didn’t feel strong in the set up, my squat was ok, but I kept getting nervous I would hurt myself. A way off 1RM territory for me.

B: Pukie paid me a visit! Not once, but twice….I wasn’t feeling great before todays session & the burpees over the bar didn’t help. I got 6 cleans in the round of 8.

Thanks for looking after me Liv….. good times πŸ˜‰

Haha… no worries Cindy, what are WOD friends for πŸ˜‰
      You certainly were a trooper tonight, on both parts – stop listening to your head and you will do fine x

A: 60kg – felt totally fine. Failed 65 multiple times, simply because i couldn’t get it up and lock out above.
    B: My DU again held me back here. Got to the Du in the round of 4 – spent at least 7 minutes trying to get the first 30 DU. A few key words from Kettie helped me finish them off with a spectacular unbroken set of about 10. Where were they at the start???

A: New 1RM @ 58kg – up 3kg.
    Hit 56kg then 58kg easily enough, tried for 60kg, almost had it but my right elbow felt like it was twisting back so lost it coming up. Defo have it the next time πŸ˜‰
    B: 6/10 cleans – pm sessions subbed 30 DU for the 200m run (due to rain). This was a lung and hammie burner – strangely enough I really liked it, Pretty much crashed the bus on this one.

• Nathan says:

A: still nursing an injured wrist so hit up some heavy back squats. Managed a new 1RM of 140.5kg. Ran out of time to go up again but felt good.

B: more back squats, subbed cleans for 80kg BS, finished 10/10 burpees. Ouch.

A: have never tested an OHS 1rm before, only 3rm, which was 45kg. Got 55kg 1rm today, stoked with that, must be my new lifting shoes!

B: subbed the run for 30 double unders, which were my limiter. Finished the round of 6 on the buzzer. Happy with that!

• DJ says:

So I’ve been away for a while, then back, they away for another week – due to a new job. Going to start making a big effort to hit 3-4 sessions consistently now on.

A) Worked up to 65kg. Didn’t make 70kg, and 10kg off my PB of 80kg.
    B) 4 burpees into 8th round.