Fit-out Update & Open Gym Acess

From last week’s newsletter…

If you haven’t been living under a rock for the last 20 days, chances are you would have seen the changes taking place at Adapt to effectively double our space. I know we let a few guys down after we pulled the pin on a Southside location but I’ve gotta tell you that what’s coming is so, so much better so get excited. It’s going to be #epic (and you know what? I haven’t actually said that for ages…)

We’ve removed the suspended ceiling from our current space, knocked holes in walls, built treatment rooms, some stairs (kinda like having a split level lounge room #justSaying), a staff room and some new walls. We’ve added more than 15 meters of new pull-up bar space and as next door is higher than our current digs, expect to see some new ropes…

Fit-out Update

Treatment Rooms.

The treatment rooms are almost complete. Drew (our plasterer) has completed sheeting and from what I understand, is about to commence sanding (oh yes, there will be more dust for sure). You may have also noticed Tad ducking in and out of sessions, sorting out all the electrical details including the installation of some pretty fresh tuneable LEDs for each of the rooms. All we need to do now is paint and carpet them and they’ll be good to go.

We’re currently negotiation with a number of professional massage and chiropractic therapist to come and offer their services to the Adapt community and beyond. We’ve been pretty keen to offer a more holistic approach to health and fitness and this allows us to do just that. We can’t give you much more info at this stage but we’re expecting to announce a brand new partnership with at least one therapist by the end of June.

You should probably know that Craig has also recently completed his Cert 4 in Massage and I know for a fact that there’s more than a few people keen for a Relaxation massage that he is now (technically) able to offer.

Open Gym Access

In the biggest news since sliced bread, Adapt CrossFit is about to offer our members Open gym access. We’re aware that a lot of you have additional memberships with other gyms like anytime fitness (etc.) in order to work on extra stuff like strength and skill work outside of the 1 hour class we offer you each day.

Access to Open gym will be an additional $40 a month (per person) and while we haven’t completely locked in Open gym hours, it’ll probably something along the lines of:

• 7am to 2pm Monday to Friday
  • 4pm to 8pm Monday to Thursday
  • 4pm to 7pm Friday
  • 6am to 11am Saturday

If you need to work on a weakness, your Oly lifts and/or some additional work given to you by one of our coaches then a monthly Open gym pass is going to be the key. As long as the gym is staffed you’ll be able to come in and train so bring on some stealth lunchtime sessions yeah?

There’s heaps more in the pipeline but the main theme is that we’re trying to create a place that’s going to be so rad, you’ll never want to leave. If you’re not yet part of our absolutely amazing community then you really don’t want to miss out on being part of what comes next. No. Really.

Training for Monday 26.5.14

A: Work up to a max Pause Snatch (pause for 3 sec @ knee) 18 mins

B: 3x ME strict ring dips (9 mins) – no kipping – scale to push ups

C: Partner WOD

12 minute AMRAP (Partner 2 rests while 1 goes – then vice versa)

• 10 Wall Ball
  • 10 Sit ups
  • 10 Box Jumps

— then straight away —

3 minute AMRAP

• P1 push up hold; while
  • P2 performs Front rack BB lunges (50/35kg)

Score is total lunges

Post loads, rounds and reps to comments or totalWOD

• Heinex says:

A) Nailed my first rep @ 60kg. Then it all went to my head & lost the plot. Good not replicate another good rep.
    B) 3 sets of 4 strict dips
    C) Worked with Jason.
    P1- 11 rounds + 8 situs
    P2- 31 lunges

Had a good day today. Which is odd ’cause I arrived feeling a bit crook and preparing to bail out if needed. Feel like I blew out the cobwebs.
    A. Got the pause at 50kg a couple of times, failed at 60kg but then figured I’d give it a shot at normal snatch and got it. PB! Not the cleanest but arms and shoulders locked out well etc so I am happy to call it legit. Just trying to keep up with young Ray.
    B. 19, 14, 8
    C. Tim and I got 9rds + 8 wb then 42 lunges. Tried to ignore the fact my girls were working next to us and got 13 rds.

A. 24 kg
    B. 5, 4, 5 push ups.
    C. Worked with Mel 🙂
    P1 – 7 rounds + 5ish wall balls
    P2 – 21 lunges @ 25kg.
    Loved today’s session, especially the push ups and wall balls.

A. Got 67.5kg (PB bar) with the pause after 1 failed attempt.
    B. 6, 3, 3 – I’m too slow with these.
    C 1. Honestly don’t know – was just trying to keep pace with Zac and Rory – Morton and I were just behind them.
    C 2. Just kept moving not sure exactly on the numbers – somewhere around 33-36 by my calcs.

Struggled again today with dizziness and needing to spew its been 3 weeks now on and off so off to the doctors tomorrow.

A. 66kg which is a 1kg pb but this felt really ordainary.

B. 18, 12 and 6. Only managed 12 last week so a big improvement but these knocked me around more then anything else the last set I basically just couldnt stay on the rings.

C. Worked with rory and we finished 9 rounds plus a few wall balls. Few stacks on the box jumps which sucked.

D. 31

Always love how good I feel after a workout. Was feeling very bleh today but walked out feeling much better.

A: 35kg, pretty comfortable. Thanks Coach B for the tips re: correct chest position whilst keeping tension in hammies. Now just got to try and remember!

B: just did a couple rounds of push-ups as strict as I can. Still some work to do but definitely getting better. Didn’t count so no idea how many.

C: worked with Sara, which was fun! We got 8 rounds plus 8 wall balls. Wall balls were working for me today which was a nice change. Struggled with the lunges at 35kg, so Sara had to pick up my slack. We ended up with 36 lunges, of which Sara did double what I did!

• Cindyd says:

A: Just practised technique @20kg, good to be doing full snatch again.

B: 3 sets of 10 x push ups, last 4 in each set were ugly.

C: Worked with KJ, we did 9 rounds + 1 sit up. Lunges we did 40 (10 each), KJ Rx, whilst I did them at 20kg. I focussed on doing them slow & controlled . I’m thrilled I could do these pain free!

Big thanks to Ben & Pip for their advice & ensuring I focussed on what actually mattered! It was a fun 5pm session & my singing made it more enjoyable for everyone…. I’m sure??

• KJ says:

A: hang hold snatch 55kg
    B: stuck with 4 4 4 dips
    C: what Cindy said 😉 not a race on this one – just concentrating on moving well and consistently….and enjoying ourselves..which we did.

And Ben Warren…I forgive you. That it all.

A: 40kg.
    B: Strict push ups 8, 10, 8
    C1: Worked with Kettie, not 100% sure, but I think it was 9 rounds and 6 sit ups.
    C2: 45 lunges.

Felt pretty flat today..
    A: Stuck with 35kg to work on pull from 3 to 2 – this is my biggest weakness when it comes to snatch – some were good, some not so good. Plenty of practice needed to get it right.
    B: 2,2,2 strict ring dips. Only recently managed to get these unassisted and will be building on this over the next while.
    C1: Worked with Leanne, 5 rounds if I remember correctly (I love these little sprints)
    C2: 47 lunges @ 35kg