Hang snatch work and a circuit

Friday 23.05.14

Strength

• 15 mins to work to a heavy single hang snatch
  • EMOTM for 5 mins, 1 hang snatch @80%

Conditioning

2 rounds 45:15

• Row
  • L-sit
  • Airdyne
  • OH Kb swings 20/14
  • Plate step ups
  • HS Hold

Post loads and training times to comments

sean

A: This was great. I actually worked with weight on the bar!
    B: Scaled down to 20kg
    C: Always good fun! Sucked to have to scale the handstands though.
    Happy 30th to Kylie. I hope you have a cracker of a day!

A) Broke my PB with a 55kg Snatch and then broke it again with 60kg.
    B) Worked at 50kg and got 3 of the 5 lifts.
    C) Good little circuit.

Happy Birthday Kylie!
    Thanks for the cupcakes Nay!

A. had trouble getting under the bar today, I’m hoping it’s just due to my tight shoulder/back that I get when stressed…can’t wait for my massage next week! Got 30kgs ok but couldn’t get 35. Have done 37 before. Went with 27.5kgs for the EMOTM. Worked with Karen Lawler – nice treat!
    B. Circuit was fun, still can’t do anything on L-sits. Was great to have handstand holds, still a novelty but can’t hold fro 45 seconds yet.

• Heinex says:

A) Got 70 but coach wuz pissed cuz me kept wussin’ out to get under the bar. Hed wuz not n da game.
    B) Good times smack talkin’ upside down on the wall.
    Kylie- aka The Voice! Happy b-day. U still have to record my alarm. πŸ™‚ “Morning Erik. Rise & Shine. TIme to Grind !”

• Kylie says:

Thank you for the amazing morning 5:30am crew πŸ™‚ I couldn’t have started my 30th year in a better way!!

A: Got 25kg cleanly, got 30kg up multiple times but my legs didn’t want to drop under it. Definitely feeling the effects of this week of training.
    B: Just did multiple reps each minute with an unloaded bar due to A, working on bar path and speed.
    C: Fun this morning

A: No new PB – hit 47kg a few weeks ago and haven’t tried since. Got to 45kg today, failed 48 a couple of times (under the bar), stripped the bar back to 35kg and went back up but couldn’t get there, need to stay active when under the bar and I’m sure it’s there, just need a little more confidence that I can do it – I’ve set 50kg as my goal for 2014.
    B: 36kg – no fails and all felt solid and tidy.
    C: My surprise for this is that I can do an semi L-sit for a while and a knees bent up L-sit for a long time… progress!

A) Started slow, 5 touch n go at 30 and 3 at 40 to get my confidence under the bar. Worked up to 55 and failed 60, that leaving the bar in front instead of on top of me. I tried to get in a few snatch balance reps pre-WOD but clearly need to do more!

B) Worked at 45kg, first 3 mins was 1 fail 1 rep, fixed up for last 2 rounds.

C) Apart from L-Sits, this was great!