Clean and jerk max, front squats and double unders

Thursday 15.5.14

A. Clean and jerk max

B. 4×5 front squat @70-80%

C. 5 min max double unders

Post loads for A, B and reps for C to comments

Latest news

Regionals are on this weekend!

There’s a fair few Adapt peeps heading down to Wollongong tomorrow and on Saturday to watch Australia’s top athletes go head to head to earn themselves a spot at this year’s CrossFit games. My money’s on Ben Garrard and Rob Forte (for the guys) and Kara Webb for the girls. Also a reminder that we’ll be closed on Saturday (because everyone will be there)

Adapt version 2.0 update – open gym is coming…Β

Is Ben a super busy couple of weeks since the start of may with the fit out next door. The treatment and staff rooms are really coming together and one of the walls had been painted “tactical black” while you guys are away this weekend we’re hoping to have some big holes cut in the wall. At this stage of looks like we’re on track for a 1st of June opening of something that will hopefully look a little like this…

Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 3.55.44 pm

Coach B

A. Managed 45kgs well but couldn’t get a good clean on the 50kgs. On the bright side I did get a new 1RM power clean at 50kgs.
    B. Stuck with 45kgs which is 70% of my 65kg 1RM, felt heavy, I hadn’t done front squats for awhile
    C. Only got 24, just wasn’t feeling it today, but at least I have a bench mark for this now. Onwards and upwards!

• Kylie says:

A: 50kg – a long awaited PR! So excited to finally hit that mark! Had 2 shots at 52.5kg but failed the jerk. It was close though πŸ™‚
    B: worked at 45kg (1RM is 60kg). First set was super messy and hard after the C&J’s!
    C: 140 – up by 35 reps from last week. Would be happier if I could string a few more together but still an improvement.
    Feel like everything is coming together at the moment!

• Brendo says:

In stark contrast to yesterday morning, repped it like a mofo this morning. Well, comparatively anyway.

A: 75kg but I’ve got to get under the bar more on the jerk.
    B: 70kg
    C: wait for it … wait for it … 147! This is infinitely better than square root of -1, so no self-inflicted upper cuts today!

A) 80kg Clean & Jerk. Not my 1RM (85kg) – just wasn’t getting under the bar this morning. Not too bad for a guy just back from a cold..

B) 80kg. Like Kylie, the first set felt really hard and I was ready to dump the bar after the first rep… The rest felt a lot better and I got full depth in the final set after a quick talk with Coach B.

C) 15 Double Unders… πŸ™ A lot of work still required. I am hoping my arms are moving less.

• Sam B says:

A: 65kg. Got the clean at 70kg, just didn’t get under the bar fast enough for the jerk.

B: Worked with Brian who got his C&J up to 75kg, so that’s what we worked with for the front squats. This was hard, but certainly achievable. It makes me think my cleans should be better than they are…

C: 167! Really pleased, because DUs have been my nemesis for a while. Managed 47 unbroken too, which is about 10 more than I’ve ever managed before. These seem to be coming together.

A: 66kg PB! Both the clean and the jerk – hit 65kg (up from 62.5kg) for the clean when we tested 2 weeks ago so really happy to add on 1kg this morning. Haven’t PB’d my jerk since Aug last year when I tried off the rack in one of Coach Craigs workshops (65kg at the time).
    I’ve realised that I have to get to my target weight quickly as I usually get pretty smoked once I hit the heavy stuff and small increases usually fatigue me by the time I get to it. Had nothing left when I tried for 67.5kg so dropped back the weight for the remainder of the time to work on tekkers – even that was tough!
    B: Worked at 55kg (about 80% of my current 1RM)
    C: 220 – 27 less than last week (was aiming for 250). I couldn’t seem to get started properly, had to face a wall to try and zone out! 6:30am was heaving! πŸ™‚
    Good session, lots of energy in the box this morning πŸ˜‰

A. Got upto 96kg which was a 1kg pb haha but felt like my best lift of the day and I got a clean pb of 100kg now just gotta hit the jerk next time.

B. Worked at 90kg this was tough almost failing alot and spent most of the rest shaking away but got it done.

C. Got 153 which was 28 more then last week

A. 80kg
    B. 35kg maybe – just picked up a loaded bar that was on the ground and worked through the movement to stretch out my back after the C&J
    C. 300

A. 45kg – then I got tired and didn’t get under the bar. Wanted a PB on this but just wasn’t feeling it after not getting enough sleep last night.
    B. 35kg
    C. 40 DUs, 6 up from 34 last week.

• Becco says:

Just worked on the bar again today for A & B, getting my clean technique right!

Managed 150 DU so was pretty happy with my cardio today πŸ™‚

A: 62kg! That’s a 4.5kg PR. Pretty happy to pass the 60 mark. Thanks to KJ for the encouragement!
    B: 70kg. Only had time for 3 sets as there were 3 of us working on the bar.
    C: 59. Which is 21 more than last time, so I think that is a win?

• Nathan says:

A: equal PB @ 95kg, lift felt much cleaner than last PB though.

B: 85, 80, 80, 80. Felt heavy after quite a few C&J at 90 + kg.

C: 260 or something…

• KJ says:

Yay Tessa! Knew you had 62 in you tonight πŸ™‚ so excited for you.

a: 70kg. Got under 75 twice – but no new PB today. Happy to have had a crack though. All in good time.
    B: 2@45. 2@20. 2@35 just did not want to go heavy
    C: 312 (about 50 more than last week coz no toilet break)
    Not ideal….but I saw we had heavy lifts and DUs so I stopped drinking water at lunchtime….it helped!

• James says:

A1: 102.5 PR – been working for it for a bit over a month. It’s just small wins now.
      A2: All at 80 – legs have been fried this week.
      B: 269 – practiced them in ollies. Still beat Steve?