Snatch & Back Squats then ME KB Snatches

Monday 12.05.14

Strength:

• Max Snatch

-then-

• Heavy double Back Squat (10min)

Conditioning:

• ME KB Snatches for 5 min (24/16kg)

Post loads, reps to comments or TotalWOD.

• Heinex says:

A) 76kg. 6kg PB πŸ™‚
    B) Managed 130. Short changed the second rep @140
    C) After confusion in the instruction (I thought you only had 1 shot per arm undbroken and were not allowed to alternate)
    Managed 82 swings.

Came in this morning with low expectations. Sore knee from bush walk and still sore wrist. Left feeling pretty good.
    A. 55kg and probably closer attempt at 60 than I’ve managed previously. Equal 1 RM (Relatively Modest effort).
    B. 120kg. New 1RM and 2RM.
    C. Didn’t actually count. Sore wrist played up here. Maybe about 30.

A) Worked up to 60kg then sat there working on consistent technique for 5-6 reps. Good to put weight back on and do full squats.
    B) Did box squats up to 80kg. Back started getting tight.
    C) 12kg – didn’t count – just kept moving.

A. Worked on high hang snatches at 22.5kg.
    B. 55kg. This the best and most I’ve squated in a long time πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    C. 83 swings at 10kg. Should have gone heavier.

• Kylie says:

A: Only got a new 1RM on Friday, but tried for heavier. Got a 32.5 kg power snatch (new 1RM) but my head was messing with dropping into the squat so didn’t get the full snatch.

B: New 2RM at 65kg. Haven’t lifted squatted this heavy in a good 6-9 months – was surprised how well my chest stayed up in the first rep (second not as much).
    C: When we started I thought it wasn’t timed and it was just max effort with each arm. If I’d known it was timed and I couldn’t put the bell down I would have dropped the weight because this was not safe, especially on my left arm! 16kg – 46 reps mostly done on my right arm.

• Matt B says:

Trained with Coach James today, which us always fun cos we push each other…. which obviously worked cos I hit a PR snatch at 75kg (up 3kg)…yay!

• James says:

Solid lift too!
      A; 70kg, tried 77 as a bonus a couple times with no success.
      B: a sneaky 2rep PR, 130kg after a plate mix up.
      C: 65, just kept moving through.

• Elaine says:

Very happy with my lifting today and pretty sure I would not have achieved these results if I had not worked out with Pru who was very encouraging and inspiring.
    A: Been stuck at 32kg for a while and worked up to 32.5 kg. Failed the first couple of times then got it then moved on to get a new 1 RM of 33.5kg. Failed at 35 kg but came away confident enough to believe it is worth chasing that one next time.
    B: Have been stuck at 55kg since Oct last year. I have been working on taking out the butt wink Coops pulls me up on every time we do back squats and making my feet more parallel (not sure why I started this?). Point is today the movement felt good – not awkward and I got a new 2 RM of 55kg and 1 RM of 65kg.
    C: Used the 10kg bell and lost count but was pretty happy with my form particularly towards the end of this exercise.

• Dave P says:

A, Teamed up with Coach B & it was good to get tips on technique. Finally hit 86kg but aiming for 100kg snatch.
    B. Got to 150kg & could have gone more but ran out of time.
    C. Lost count after 1 but it was good.
    Really enjoying the sessions especially with all the PRs this morning

A) Getting back into it, finally hit a 55kg snatch again – It’s been MONTHS since I’ve hit over 50kg, gotta get back to 60 then I can finally move up!
    B) 110kg
    C) 49 reps @ 24kg, once the handle got sweaty there was no grip and the real battle was trying to hold the kettlebell!

BOOM! PB’s everywhere tonight
    A: 50kg snatch, up from 45
    B: A new 2RM at 105kg
    C: My left arm is horrendously worse than my right, but ended up with 78-ish?

• Nathan says:

A: Worked up to 70kg snatch tonight, felt pretty solid but no love on 75kg. Previous 1RM was 72kg.

B: 2 x 120kg went up pretty easily, Had 1 x 130kg & failed the 2nd rep. all those 75kg snatch attempts took its toll I think.

C: Actually loved this, managed 81 reps RX.

Great night tonight!

A: 40kg which is a 5kg PR!! First attempt was ok but not great so tried again and second time was much better! Failed 42.5kg but I think I checked out after hitting 40kg.

B: another PR here! 70kg double and a single at 75 (or might have been 72.5?) Which is awesome since mg previous 1rm is 70kg!

C: ok so I kinda suck at these, but I’m too happy about my PRs that it didn’t bother me. Finished 30 at 16kg which was a struggle and will have bruised forearms tomorrow.

A: Managed 45kg (previous 42kg) from the ground but just at parallel, Coach Becca then gave me some tips on pulling from the ground and managed to smash my snatch (not the one I wanted)! πŸ˜›
    Was a little reluctant to be so aggressive after that so called it there (bruises to follow). I’ve got 45kg for a 2RM from Hi Hang and 47kg from the hang so really need to work on the pull from 3 to 2! Great working with Kettie πŸ˜‰
    B: matched my previous 1RM @ 85kg for a new 2RM πŸ˜€
    C: used 14kg KB to make sure my form stayed good – 105 reps. That was tough!

• Nikki says:

A) 30kgs! New PB
    B) 75kgs for 2! New PB (It’s my new 1RM max now too)
    C) 56- have a huge bruise on my forearm now though!