Partner “Whitten”

Saturday 10.05.14

HeroWhitten_th.jpg

Army Captain Dan Whitten, 28, of Grimes, Iowa, assigned to the 1st Battalion, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, based out of Fort Bragg, North Carolina, died February 2, 2010, when enemy forces in Zabul, Afghanistan, attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device. Whitten is survived by his wife, Starr Whitten, his mother, Jill Whitten, his father, Dan Whitten, and his sister, U.S. Army Captain Sarah Whitten.

Partner “Whitten”

5 rounds (split between 2 people)

• 22 KB Swings OH 32/24
  • 22 Box Jumps 24/20
  • 400m run (200m each – tag team)
  • 22 Burpees
  • 22 Wall Balls

Post times and notes to comments

sean

Good to get a workout done as the sun is rising (because I totally had time to pay attention to the sunrise this morning).
    Worked with Sean (My James replacement from last time we did this, sorry #1) and finished somewhere around the 25 min mark, which turned out great – He really pushed me and made me keep going – Even though from Rd 3 on I was working with a massive stitch that made every movement painful, I couldn’t get my breath back.
    Sadly missed working on next door to get to work on time 🙁

• Cindyd says:

32.04 Worked with Nicola, we shared the work load evenly. Last time i did this wod I got dizzy in the third round, today the same thing happened. Azarenka came out in the last round, it was the only way I could get the KBS @24kgs done unbroken.

• Tom R says:

Visiting CrossFit Marrickville in Sydney. Did the Filthy Fifty in 34:40 (scaled to 14 lbs wall ball). Was a sweaty mess by the end but great to get another named WOD under my belt.

• KJ says:

Ran a 10k race yesterday – so came in this morning just to ‘move’. Haha. Partnered with Ben.M and found (as usual) very hard to just ‘take it easy’ doing a WOD. Thanks Ben – we work well together hey? I really enjoyed this one despite my dislike for wall balls. We finished in 24.44 mins.

• KJ says:

Oh, and Ivan – Ewan beat me well and truely yesterday in the run by a good 2 or 3 minutes!

• Ben M says:

Definitely think we work well together. There wasn’t much of a rest period going on during this one. And there was nothing wrong with your wall balls. Unbroken on all sets.
      I just didn’t want to hold you up!