3 Pos Snatch, 2rm Front Squat & then a sprint

Friday 09.05.14

Malek Chamoun, for those at the am sessions this morning this is the guy I was talking about, here’s the news story
Strength

• Max 3 Position Snatch – Floor-Hang-Hi Hang
  • then 10 minutes to hit a 2RM Front Squat

Conditioning

3 rounds for time

• 15 Thrusters 20/15
  • 8 Burpees

Post loads, times and notes to comments

sean

A. Not great form this
    Morning but can’t just blame my sore wrist. Just slow/tired esp in the shoulders.
    B. 100kg. Fails at 105 and 110kg. Coop – you were right, I have done heavier. Still reasonably happy with 100kg.
    C. 2:45. Very happy with that. I find the “sprints” hard because it’s very hard to find any kind of steady pace. Thought I had beaten the kid but that was because he was doing a 4th round.

A. Only got upto 55kg for this one was having a pretty crappy day of it this morning however there was one set at 40kg (after dropping back from 50 cause I failed twice and felt awful) where I was getting the bar into my hips better then I think I ever have so focus on the positives I suppose

Got a double at 110kg and a single at 115kg both of these are pr’s and the first strength ones iv hot since injuring my back in January so im very happy to pick those up.

B. 4:21. This sucked.

• Kylie says:

A: Got the 3 positions at 25kg and was really happy with how well I was moving. Failed the high hang at 27.5kg (my current 1RM). Did a sneaky 1RM attempt at 30kg and nailed it. Happy – been working on technique for at least 12 months and its starting to come together.
    B: Got 2RM at 55kg. Failed the 2nd rep at 60kg – then looked up what my 1RM was – 55kg. New 1RM and 2RM 🙂
    C: Could have used more rest between finishing the squats and doing this metcon. My legs were so full of lactic acid, I had nothing! I almost put the bar down and walked away in the second round. Finished in ~4:45.

• Heinex says:

A) Worked on speed @ 60kg and getting down in snatch position -vs- O/H Squat to snatch position.
    B) 110kg. Dave P knocked it out the park @ 130kg. He could have gone more….
    C) 3:10. I felt like I was on the show Survivor with Sean as the host. “Erik on his second round with Cindy close behind. How bad do you want it?”. Only reward or immunity wasn’t up for grabs. Just busted lungs.

Pretty amazing lifts from Malek! Gutted he missed the last one 🙁
    A: 35kg – with solid form, got 40kg from the ground but failed the hang – checked out mentally and the body is very weary – no aggression this morning.
    Nothing special with snatches today, pretty tired after the week and my hands are still quite tender from T2B & Pullups but happy to come in and just go through movements.
    B: 40, 55, 65, 70 – Played with the Lawler kids and managed a new 2RM front squat @ 70kg – this was my previous 1RM 😛
    Didn’t even know what I was lifting till the end when I calculated and looked at Ewen, “Was that 70kg?” – Sometimes it’s better not to know what is on the bar and just go with how it feels!
    C: 3:56 – slow to get the squat moving quickly (especially after heavy front squats) and shoulders got really tired in the middle of the 2nd & 3rd rounds.

Great to catch up and work with Ben M today.

A. Worked up to a comfortable 45kg focusing on technique etc. Lots of sets – good to work with some weight again.
    B. Worked up to box squats at 70kg – surprised and happy with my form on these.
    C. I started but tapped out when my back started twitching a little – not worth it.

• Cindyd says:

A: After doing a few Power Snatches as a warm up, I moved to full snatches….Yes finally I can do them again…worked at 30kg, didn’t want to progress weight just wanted to focus on form.

B: 57.5kg these felt solid, if I hadn’t stuffed around so much I would have had more time to go heavier.

C: 3:14….pleased with this time
    1) Because it means I beat Coops
    2) because I did it facing off against Steveo, he got me by a few seconds and perhaps 3 burpees but I’m fairly sure I was scared him, that’s a win!

A) Hit 45kg for all positions, didn’t get time to go up
    B) 1 at 105kg… twice – Kept on missing 2nd lift – Got 2 in a row at 100kg
    C) I beat Coops by 44 seconds (3:03). Sprint lasted for 1 Rd only, Rds 2 + 3 were painful.