clean + hang clean + push jerk and then some OH squats

Thursday 8.5.14

A: clean + hang clean + push jerk -? work up to a max (with good form) in 25 mins

B: 3×15 UB OH squats – work up to a max in 15 mins

C: 5 min Max double-unders

Post loads for A & B plus double-unders to comments or totalWOD

No 10am session today – Please note that there is no 10am session today (Becca and I are in Melbourne)

Coach B

A. Worked up to….the bar
    B. 40kg
    C. 268

• Brendo says:

A: 57kg. The ole’ rib wasn’t going to let me go any heavier today.

B: 32.5. In an effort to beat Cindy, I went for 36kg on the last round and failed on the 13th rep. D’Oh!! #gotowned #girlzgotskillz

C: Not even worth mentioning, so I won’t. But I will be taking a good hard look at my life today and how it can include more double-under practice.

Feeling a bit old today. Knee played up so I hardly even managed the warm up run. Fortunately, once I did warm up that was largely forgotten. Then i could focus on the sore wrist that I aggravated (again) yesterday. So:
    A. Kept it light and stayed at 40kg throughout. The wrist hurt most when trying to put the bar back down for the hang so I had to drop it in betweeen.
    B. Was nervous of the initial snatch, but got myself up to 42, 47, 50kg for 15 reps. Pretty satisfied.
    C. Really struggled with tired shoulders and hardly managed more than 10 unbroken. Total around 122.

• David N says:

A: 60kg. Shoulder is a bit ‘tweaky’ on the push jerk so didn’t attempt 65kg.

B: 30, 30, 32.5, 35. Narrowing my grip helped a lot on these.

C: 165 after a frustrating start.

A. Got 70kg missed the jerk for 80kg twice.
    B. 50kg think I could have gone heavier but started to light and ran out of time.
    C. 125

Got traps?? Nope, pretty smoked!!
    Think if I got a shoulder massage I would be in tears – even with the “relaxing” one!
    A: Worked up to 55kg – 60kg is my 1RM for push jerk so pretty happy with that πŸ™‚
    B: 25,30,35 – no time left to try heavier but I did get a little tingling in my left arm after the last set
    C: 247ish (it’s on the board) – I did get a PB for 57 unbroken DU though. Did this in the first set after the buzzer and died afterwards for a while, could only manage smaller sets of 10 or so haha

Well done to Tim who was smashing out unbroken double unders this morning (10, I think) where he was only doing singles at skill work last Thursday morning.. awesome job πŸ™‚

• kirsten says:

A: worked up to 45kg. push jerk could be better i think
    B: worked up to 25kg
    C: double unders have not been very consistent recently – today still not much better but finished with 82.

i thought it was just my shoulders that were sore after that… then i walked up some stairs… omg…

• Mark says:

A: Stayed at 40kg and focussed on technique.
    B: 30kg – better mobility needed.
    C: 305

A) Got the 2 x cleans at 85kg but as per usual, pushed the bar in front for the jerk πŸ™ Maxed at 81kg
    B) Stayed at 40kg to work on speed and technique – stuff still going crazy.
    C) 241… Pretty sure this was 40 under when we did 3 mins max DUs last month? They were hard, legs were on fire.

Great not-10am session tonight! Thanks 6pm-ers, great turn-out and vibe.

A: Hit 55kg in the last minute of work. Pretty happy that I got it after failing it twice before that!
    B: 35kg, didn’t try any heavier
    C: It probably wasnt even worth counting these… a lousy 38 reps. Managed to get most of them in the second half as I found more rhythm.

• James says:

6pm is were it was at today.

A: 92.5kg, a little press out for that one. Good 90kg attempt before that.
    B: 50kg, 13@60kg, damn jellyfish arms!
    C: 200; i was just really focusing on staring Steve down and smack talking him out of his groove. I don’t think it worked…. grumble grumble.. muscle ups though grumble grumble…

• KJ says:

A: 65
    B: 45
    C: 247 (with a toilet break at (89)