Press Complex then Partner WOD

Tuesday 06.05.14

Marzena Karpinska of Poland with two snatches notice the difference in making and missing

Strength

• 15 mins to find a max
  • 1 Push Press+2 Push Jerks+3 Split Jerks

Conditioning

In Pairs

• 10 min AMRAP – 1 person works/ 1 rests swapping each round
  • 10 OH KB Swings
  • 10 Pistols
  • 10 Situps
  • then
  • 5 min AMRAP – 1 person HS hold/ 1 DU swapping ech time someone comes off the wall
  • HS Hold
  • Max Double Unders

Post loads, round, reps and notes to comments

sean

Today was so much fun!
    A. Worked up to 40kgs, could have tried higher but ran out of time
    B. Worked (laughed) with Betty. My first attempts at pistols, started on 12inch box with a 10kg plate but still need help getting up. Swapped to a 20inch box and was much easier. We got to 8 sit ups in the 5th round.
    C. Fun to play with my handstands! We got to 58 double unders, thankfully Betty rocked the double unders, as I only managed a few in each of her holds.

12 Months ago today I had my first fundamentals session with Coach B – pistols were a great reminder of how much I can still improve (“they’re all goats” I keep telling myself).

Been a great 12 months and a pleasure to be part of the Adapt community, bring on the next 12.

• kirsten says:

A: 35kg
    B: was working with Polly – we got through 5 rounds and 4(?) pistols into the 6th. pistols for both of us were on the box.
    C: i think we got around 60 double unders but I cant remember…

I really enjoyed this workout. always have a great time when its partner/group workouts but this was really fun.
    Still really sore from Saturday – bring on rest day tomorrow 🙂

A. 65kg. Had hopes to go higher but the push press and jerk leave you pretty tires before the split jerks. And glad I had something in reserve for the handstand holds!
    B.Mark and I got 6 rounds total. Pistols ok on the right leg, bit of assistance using the hand on the left.
    C. We got about 120 DU. Should probably not have gone to max on first handstand hold. This makes you realise that you do use your shoulders in DU.

A. Got upto 65kg maybe could have gone a little heavier but ran out of time. This got heavy quick.

B. Working with steveo we finished 6 rounds and he had 3 pistols into the 7th. I used a small box for my pistols (dont know what height exactly) and these were a fair bit better then last time. Got 160ish in the second part shoulders were defiantly hurting at the end of this one steveo carried the team here haha fun morning of training

160 or 190 for DUs? Good working with you today Zac 🙂
      Everything Zac did, I did but not any better.
      Sorry for the short rest haha, love me some pistols 😊

• Sam B says:

A: 55kg. Wanted to try for 60kg but ran out of time.

B: Worked with Tim. We got 3 rounds and Tim was a few pistols into the fourth. It was good to work on my pistols again. Did them strict, managed some good ones, and quite a few windmills happening on other reps…

C: Absolutely no idea how many DUs we did! None whatsoever. (And not because it was such a large number we lost count, either…)

• Kylie says:

A: 40kg with good form. Ran out of time to go heavier.
    B: Worked with Nay. Box assisted pistols – we got to 8 pistols in the 6th round.
    C: Wall walk holds for both of us – got to 103 DU’s. I definitely let the team down with DU’s.

• James says:

A: 70kg with Joshy, we chewed the fat a bit too much, could have gone a bit heavier.

B1: Worked with Joshy again, I loved this one. RX pistols for both or us (ouch after squats yesterday). Finished off with 2 sit-ups into the 9th. 205ish double unders I think.Shoulder went to sleep in the HS hold, which was also pretty fun.

• Cindyd says:

A: worked up to 40kg (I think or 42kg?) couldn’t go higher, knees where going in, back was hurting, it was all wrong….but happy to be doing spilt jerk again.

B) Worked with Pip, she guided me thru assisted pistols using the rack. Stoked I’m making progress on my injured leg!

We got 8rounds & 8 pistols. Total of 245 double unders. Had a face off with Karl & Chris, they beat us by several rounds I think…but it was good fun anyway!

Shout out to Jocelyn, I stopped mid wod to watch her pistols…they are impressive, well done, such an awesome party trick.

• Leanne says:

Worked up to 40kg and then dogged out on the split jerk (???) the easy part, I know. Had another crack and did same thing😩

Worked with Sara and new girl Samantha who did really well for her first complex.

Pistols on a box and got through to 8 pistols in 6th round I think…109 DU almost ALL from Sara and I did wall walks… FUN!!

• KJ says:

A: thanks Alex and Gareth for letting me play with the big boys. Got to 60kg for the complex. (Push Press was a little questionable – but the rest was solid)
    B: Samantha and I got 8 full rounds. That means Samantha did 40 pistols…in her second week at Adapt!!! Awesome.
    C: about 192 DU. Both being x-gymnasts – our handstands were a strong point 🙂
    Was a really busy/ fun night in the box!

• Tom R says:

A) Worked up to 50kgs which I’m pretty happy with considering my 1RM push press is 55. Hopefully I can improve that soon.
    B) Worked with Will. Bloody tough towards then end. Ended up with some 160+ DUs. Need to spend some time on pistols.

• john parr says:

A: worked to 70kg, attempted 75kg,But I think life might be catching up with me

B: teamed up with mark
    We got 7rounds 4pistols. And 238 double unders

A: Got to 52kg – the hardest part was reracking after each rep! Didn’t go to failure but I reckon 55kg would have been my limit – worked with Jocelyn who made 55kg look easy!
    B: 10 rounds and 9 OH squats – kept to 2 mins mark for both of us to finish a round each – Jocelyn powered through the pistols like she was walking down the street 😛
    I used the rack leg to support the bottom of my pistols, kept me on the straight and narrow.
    251 DU’s – shoulders were fried
    Great session tonight, had fun 🙂

A: worked up to 45kg, which was a struggle. Failed 50kg on the push press which I expected since its my 1rm. Was going to attempt the complex without the push press at 50kg but the first push jerk was ugly and didn’t want to hurt myself so called it there.

B: worked with Em and we got through 5 rounds plus 7 sit ups. Would have gotten more had I figured out how to do pistols before we started! Thought I could do them using a ring for support but couldn’t get up nicely on my left leg so scaled to a box. Small box with 10kg plate worked ok, when my quads weren’t cramping!

C: we got 123 double unders. Mine sucked again today so tried to hold my handstand longer to give Em a chance to get the numbers up!