Back Squats, Ring Dips and Partner “Running Cindy”

Tuesday 29.04.14

Strength

A1. 5×3 Back Squat – working towards a heavy triple

A2. 5xME Ring Dips – if you have lots of strict ring dips swap to kipping just before you fail each set

Conditioning

“Running Cindy” Partner style

• 16 min Amrap
  • P1 400m run whilst
  • P2 does rounds of Cindy (5 Pullups-10 Pushups-15 Squats)
  • P1 picks up where P2 left off as P2 runs
  • Your score is the total number of rounds in 16 min

Post loads, rounds and notes to comments

A. Worked with 65kgs, concentrating on staying on my heels. Was fun to play with ring dips instead of just being scaled to push ups.

B. Partnered with Kylie C. Both scaled to ring rows and Kylie scaled running to a 6 calorie aero dyne. We finished 7 rounds and 5 squats.

A. Squats 80, 90, 95, 100, 105.
    Ring dips started well but faded. 15 strict/4 kip in first round and (I think) 6/4 in last round.
    B. Partnered with Mark and got 9’rounds and 8 (push ups or squats – not sure). After all those ring dips the first push up was a mess. Arms just gave way. At least I’m sure my chest touched the floor.

A. Worked with Mighty Beard James today – Can’t remember exactly what I got up to on the squats – wasn’t anything too exciting but tried to focus on technique. I usually struggle big time with ring dips from a stability point of view but today seemed ok. Got some good tips from James about my kip – my timing is off. Aimed for 4-5 per round.
    B. Started so well then did something to my back whilst running (:-S ?) – to keep going I subbed the run for 12 Cal on the bike and squats for step ups. Booked in to get it check out later today ๐Ÿ™

• James says:

A: 90, 100, 110, 120, 1@125 go heavy or go home.

B: this was fun. Jase and I got 14 rds plus 10 squats. semi modified to airdyne for Jase about half way through. which for 12 cals I think is a bit harder!

25 burpees and handstand practise to cash out!

• Sam B says:

A: Worked up to 90kg, averaged about 5 ring dips per set.

B: Worked with Brendo, got out 12 rounds and 4 push ups (I think).

A. Got upto 110kg which was relatively easy but still baby steps adding more weitht since the back injury.
    Between 8-6 strict then a few kipped each round.

B. Worked with mike and got through 14 rounds + 1 pullup

• KJ says:

Did 2 sets at 65kg and 3 at 70kg.
    Only did 3 sets of 5 strict ring dips – as I still have massive bruises from last weeks ring dips! (Soft skin!)
    Partnered with Samantha for the WOD. It was her very first session tonight – and she did SO WELL! Together we completed 15 rounds and 3 push ups.

A. 3@45kg and 2@40. Form started to suffer on third set. Playing with ring dips was fun.
    B. Partnered with another Samantha. We finished 9rnds and 8 push-ups. Push-ups are getting better ๐Ÿ™‚

Definitely not feeling it today.

A: I wasn’t quite sure what was happening so warmed up and started at 55kg without realising we were supposed to increase load each set. 55kg was ok, 60kg was ok (but unexpected, didn’t realise more weight had been put on the bar) Failed 3rd rep at 62.5. Tried again and failed first rep so called it there. Pushups in between around 7 per round and a few goes and dips on yellow band, no dice, long way to go there.

B: went on the run first up but felt shin splints starting to flare so resigned to the Airdyne for the remaining rounds. Partnered with Ellyse which is always fun! We finished 8 rounds and 8 squats.

A1: 55, 60, 65, 70, 75 (just got the three out)!
    A2: managed 3 ring dips (with yellow band assistance
    B: Good fun…… scaled to ring rows. Ames and I did 11 rounds plus something arather (maybe 2 squats)….. I was running the last leg, so lost track…

A: 1 set at 60 & 4 sets at 65kg – form was really good for all sets, happy with that
    Started with 2 strict ring dips, can’t get the kip working yet, 5 ring dips with yellow band, 8 RD with yellow
    B: Worked with Becca; 8 rds + 2 pushups.. I forgot how to do pullups in first couple of rounds, haha its been a few weeks since I’ve done them.
    Quite the cardio challenge when ur muscles are screaming ๐Ÿ˜‰

• David N says:

A: 80kg squats
    B: 5/2, 5/2, 3/0, 2/1, 2/1
    C: 14 rounds + 3 PUs. Partnered with Tahni. 3 runs each.