Clean & Jerk then a bit of Cardio

• EMOTM 5 min – clean & jerk @ 90% of  above

Conditioning:

• 4 min max calories row
  • 3 min max calories air dyne
  • 2 min max double unders
  • 1 min max push ups

* There is no rest between each movement!

Post loads, calories to comments or TotalWOD.

• Heinex says:

Very flat after making a “MURPHY’S Mistake”. Did Murph for Anzac day but didn’t realize you could mix up the Pullups Pushups & Squats. Instead completed all reps of each movement before progressing. Last run after 300 squats started at a crawl. 1hr&25min. 🙁
    Did 777 on Sunday. 1 min rest between rounds & thrusters for cleans. Fun

A) Got 90 but failed 100kg. The tank was empty.
    B) Stopped after 2 mins @ 90kg. Had no strength to hold onto bar.
    C) 167 cals + reps

A. Worked up to 40kgs, attempted 45kgs a few times but just didn’t have the energy to get it there, so stuck with 40kgs and better form. EMOTM at 36kgs, felt good.

B. 53, 17, 8, 14. This was good, but glad I went first before I had a chance to think about it!

A) Got 80kg then EMOTM at 70kg – popping the bar a bit forward on the cleans – need to watch that.
    B) 82, 18, 75, 26 – those DUs and PUs were hard

A) Got a new 1RM of 85kg.
    B) Work at 70kg
    C) 65Cal, 20 Cal, 7 DU and 15 Pushups.

A. 45kg – spent too much time fussing about and missed out on trying 48kg.
    B. EMOTM at 40kg felt good – possibly a little light.
    C. 850m, 15 cals, 13 DUs & 8 pushups

A. Having aggravated my sore wrist doing 1RM C&J last week, I stayed light and just did 50kg.
    B. 50kg again.
    C. 70, 18, 80, 26 = total 194. Strangely enjoyable.

• David N says:

A: 70kg
    B: 55kg for the first few then 60kg.
    C: Just kept going, I think it was 55 cal on the row, 15-20 on the bike, some DUs and 18 PUs

• Kylie says:

A: 45kg, failed the jerk at 50kg a few times
    B: 45kg – happy with the cleans but failed the jerks
    C: 69 cals, 17 cals, 45 DU’s and 11 Push-ups. Need to practice DU’s when I’m fatigued – get me every time!

• James says:

A1: worked up to 95 – no go. 90 was okay.
    A2: 80kg
    B: 85,17,50,15 – 167.

Played around with some grip strengthening after with Benny; max active bar hang and then immediately following max effort holding 32kg bells. Then max active bar hang with 16kg bell. Went something like 1:05, 0:35, 0:40. Definitely a spot to work on.

• KJ says:

New PB of 72kg. Up by one from last week, but up by 7kg from Feb. AND it was a legit lift – no press out Mr Teasdale!
    Then did 5 EMOTM @ 65kg. These felt really good.
    Bring on 75kgs by June!?
    Tried not to crash the bus…58,16,91,23.
    I suck at rowing…but we all need to suck at something right? I’m blaming the fact I am 5’2″ haha.
    Rosie, you did so well tonight 😉

• Cindyd says:

A: 45kg full clean with push press. First full clean since Feb, I was so anxious to try it, but happy with how it felt, did go for 1RM just testing leg at this stage.

B: 40 kg clean & push jerk @40kg, these felt good.

C:
    52 calories on rower
    14 calories in airdyne
    50 du (took a while to get du going, should have rested)
    10 push ups (still hardest movement at the moment for me to in my current state).

Great 5pm session, the Gen Y’s got a lesson in Def Leppard from KJ & I. It was awesome to see Leanne doing Double Unders & smiling at the same time, they looked great mate! Special mention to Rosey for my socks, thank you!

• Leanne says:

THANKS for the encouragement … when you work at something for more than 12 months its hard not to smile when you get even a few!!

• KJ says:

🎶…coz making love to you might drive me crazy…🎶
      NOICE!

A) Ahhhh…. quite a backwards thing here. Got to an ugly 80 (clean was fine, jerk on the other hand o.O )
    EMOM @ 70kg didn’t get better.

B) Rower: 90 Cals (This was the important part… remember that, this is all that mattered)
    Bike: 16 Cals
    DUs: Impossible after first two… 43 I think
    Push Ups: Not a fan still – 23

A: PB for clean, finally cracked 65kg, was so surprised that I made the clean I didn’t focus on the jerk and pressed out a bit. Not too worried tho, my current PB for jerk is 65kg – about time my clean and jerk were equal 😛
    Worked at 55kg for EMOM – felt heavy :O

B: Numbers are a little hazy for this one – 68, 18, 85, 15 – 186

A: haven’t tested my clean and jerk for ages so was hoping for a good PR, and thought I only PRd by 1kg, but checking my last recorded 1rm it was actually 6kg! My 1rm at 55kg is for a power clean buy full clean and jerk was only 50kg. Was hoping to make 60kg but didn’t have enough in the tank. Failed first clean attempt. Got it second time, jerk was a bit messy with a press out but still the most I have managed to get overhead before!

B: 52, 13, 23 & 11. DUs were not my friend tonight. Push ups felt good!

• Leanne says:

Damn that awesome Chesterfield lounge…

I am totally blaming the fact that i had lounge at my disposal for the fact that my head was not in the game today…I power cleaned, push pressed, didnt drop under the bar, missed the jerk…pretty much everything BUT a C&J

I enjoyed this cardio blast and will look forward to beating my cals and reps next time 40,10,10,10

• Sara H says:

A: Easing my way back it. I worked up to 45kg focusing on technique.
    B: Worked at 40kg