Muscle-up tech with KB OH lunges and burpees

Thursday 24.4.14

Rich has muscle-ups so you need them too...

Rich has muscle-ups so you need them too…

A: Muscle up tech – neural pathway development using the following key points:

1. false grip, hang back, turn out/turn in
  2. chest through and stop in bottom of low dip
  3. complete dip

B: 10 min AMRAP:

• 5 muscle-ups (jump throughs, kipping or strict muscle-ups) / scaling (if you don’t have ring dips):ย 10 push-ups
  • 10 OH KB lunges @ 24/16kg w/ each arm (20 steps in total)
  • 15 burpees (no step downs)

Post training notes and completed rounds and reps to comments or totalWod

Anzac Day Shutdown

Just a reminder that the gym will be closed tomorrow (Anzac Day) but be back open for regular sessions on Saturday.

Coach B

A. Fun ๐Ÿ™‚
    B. 5 OH KB lunges into 2nd round (5 each arm). Subbed for push ups and 10kg KB.

A) This is probably the first time I’ve applied myself to the task of muscle up tech. Usually I just sit at the back watch and nod and do some ring dips. Long ways to go, but was fun.
    B) Those KB lunges were tough – that is all. (Also good tips from Coach B on keeping everything tight)

• Heinex says:

A) I’ll put it out there. Erik shall have MUs by year end. Time for lots of volume training!

B) Finished OH lunges in Round 3- with lots of grunts & little poise!

A: Fun. By the time I actually have the strength for these, my neural pathways will be gold!
    B: 7 burpees of the third round. Subbed m/ups for push ups. Used 16kg for left arm KB lunges and 10 for right (elbow injury).

• Sam B says:

A: enjoyed this, got to working on jump throughs.

B: Got to 14 burpees in the second round. Did jump through MUs. 24kg KB.

Between today and the pull-up volume training earlier in the week, it seems as though someone has stolen my arms and replaced them with limp (and painful) noodles. I want my arms back!

A. Taken a bit of a step back here. Done the odd muscle up in the past, but hurt my shoulder doing it and currently have a sore wrist. So I just did lower jump through to make sure I had reasonable control.

B. again, sore wrist so 24kg KB on left and 12kg on right. Strangely, I can normally kip ring dips but today was so slow in getting in position that I defaulted to strict. About 7 burpees into 3rd round.

A. These were fun got to jump through stage.

B. Did this with the jump throughs and got 10 oh lunges into the 2nd round.

A: Interesting! I seem to be ok getting through to the dip position, long way off getting dips though!

B: Wasn’t feeling it today, everything was a struggle and was a bit special on some of the movements (I may have dropped the KB on my foot….oops, not sure how that happened). Finished 8 burpees in the second round.

Always fun working with Em, and was good to make it to a 10am for once!

• EmilyB says:

A) Fun but a lot to think about!

B) 15 lunges into 3rd round. Maybe one day I’ll learn to breathe through my burpees!

Always good working with Tarryn! Another really busy 10am sesh- always good to see different faces.

• James says:

Practiced talking sh*! with Joshy, Matty and Duaneo. No, but seriously L-sit muscle ups are hard.

B: RX 4/5 MU in 3rd round. Missed maybe 3-4reps, was kind of hoping I’d finish the 3rd. Just when I thought my MUs were getting a bit better.

Cash out: roof-board carries for time? Also a round of Death by Roofdust (much worse than burpees). Was cool that everyone stuck around to help Ben do some cleaning. I think everyone is pretty excited about expanding to next door ๐Ÿ˜€

A: Good to get some technique work for these and to get neural pathways working for when I get there ๐Ÿ˜›
    I knew there was a reason I have been those ring dips after sessions in the last few weeks ๐Ÿ˜‰

B: Did jump through MU with ring dip – they got tiring pretty quickly – good fight, my upper arms are pretty tender now!
    16kg KB – Finished in round 3 with 10 lunges

• Leanne says:

Practicing and I get it but unfortunately I cannot even hold my weight and lock out my arms let alone do a dip… But I gotta try, right ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Completed 2 push-ups into 3rd round… Took it pretty slow, (breathing in a heap of dust) worked with 14kg KB