1RM Deadlift then Step-ups, T2B and DUs

Wednesday 16.04.14

Strength:

• 1RM Deadlift

Conditioning:

3 RFT (10min)

• 10 Barbell step-ups (20/16″) 50/35kg
  • 20 Toes-2-Bar
  • 30 Double unders

Post loads, reps to comments or TotalWOD.

Coaches Notes:

Your deadlift form is a priority today! It is not worth sacrificing your back for a few extra kilos.

If you don’t believe me, see Kara Webb’s article talking about her attitude in 14.3. Her score for that workout could have been better but in Kara’s words, “…That score doesn’t reflect poor effort, but a decision not to sacrifice form to move the weight.” – CrossFit HQ.

A: 112kg PR
    B: 2nd round 16 T2B. T2B really limited me this morning, but still had a great session.

Good to hit a morning session and work with Ivan & Zac today.
    A) 175kg PB’d by 5kg – Stoked by this as I didn’t think I’d get over 160 today. May have had a tiny bit more in the tank,

B) 9:51 RX – I just wanted to be like the Lawlers this morning – T2B definite limiter here.

I’m enjoying this week. A new 1RM PB every day.
    A. 160kg. New PB by 10kg. Form wasn’t great, so I stopped there and watched Steve and Zac go heavier. I had a go at 161kg right at the end and barely moved the bar.
    B. 9:09 RX. Had my reps counted by Ben, so I’m confident they were good. T2B got hard in the third round. Sadly, dear old Ewen wasn’t performing like the young Lawlers this morning. Definitely took it easy and DNF. Will lock him in his room and feed him bread and dripping until he mends his attitude.

• David N says:

A: 140kg. Moved 145kg but position started to go.
    B: DNF 53/60 T2B

• JoJo says:

A: NEW PR of 140kg. Previous 1Rm was 130kg. 3rd PR this week!
    B: Two rounds and 6 of the T2B in the last round. It was really the T2B that slowed me down in this. Need to work on my rhythm and extending back before going for the next rep. 🙂 Loving this programming atm.

• JoshW says:

Had a good sesh working with Karl this morning.
    Hit 190kg in the deadlift (10kg pb) which I was stoked about.
    Then did the wod rx in 9:49secs thanks to Karl telling me that Steve got 9:51 mid way through. I pushed super hard at the end but that was tough! So thanks to steve!! For pushing me hard today :p

A: Got a very dirty (shudders) 167.5kg – I’ve never tested this before but in theory its up 37.5kg from last weeks accidental 130kg with James.
    B: Had 6 T2B to go on the buzzer so finished them off and the final DUs just under 11min (at a guess). I started off wearing bitch mittens but was slipping all over the place so ditched em – was a good move.

A. 100 kg equal PB

B. 1 round + 4 (?) step ups. Scaled t2b to knee raises. DUs felt good today and managed to string a few together. Was so excited at stringing them together in a wod that I accidently droped my rope handle. Oops

Worked with Charnel today who got a massive deadlift PB 🙂

• Cindyd says:

A: Worked with Cyborg, she just kept putting weight on & just telling me to lift. I got 105kg PB, I called it there, as I dont want to push my luck, I’m happy with small wins at the moment.

B: I got 10T2B in the last round. Went to smaller box after first round as the bigger one was too much pressure for my leg. Kristy gave me some awesome tips which helps string T2B together….it really made a big difference…thank you.

Fun 10am session as always.

• Cindyd says:

A: Worked with Cyborg, she just kept putting weight on & just telling me to lift. I got 105kg PB, I called it there, as I don’t want to push my luck, I’m happy with small wins at the moment.

Fun 10am session as always.

• Kylie says:

A: 105kg with good form. Got 115kg off the ground but back started rounding so left it there. Not a PR but 105kg felt solid.

B: Got 2 T2B in the 3rd round. Stoked. T2B are getting so much faster and consistant. Second round was a minute faster than the first… I think my confidence was increasing as I went ha ha 🙂

• Heinex says:

A) 190kg. PB by 5

B) 9:50 Gotta speed up Toes 2 Bar. Woulda been quicker except for Coops deciding to stop me for a 20 second lesson in the middle of my Round 3 T2B. “Not the time Coops!” 🙂

• Dave P says:

a. Hit 200kg but due opted to call it due to poor form
    b. Not worth commenting on
    Overrall a good session

• john parr says:

A: finally PRed on my dead lift (set my old PR about a year ago), and lifted 202kg (even 2kg is a PR)

I think the beard helped

B: went RX and knocked it over in 7:38

Had fun tonight

I think the beard helped

• pip says:

A: 125kg. PB by 7.5kg. Wasn’t expecting anything when I left work today as I was feeling a bit rubbish but stoked with that. Didn’t fail any so wonder if I had any more in the tank??

B: just finished off the two rounds in the cap. T2B still slow but I didn’t rip tonight so I’m going to take that as another win/PB!!

• Jesse m says:

A pr 130 didn’t think I could do 100 so very chuffed second pr this week maybe this shaving thing has something to it 😉
    B) second round 20 t2b

• coops says:

A. PB by 27kg! Got 177kg under the watchful eyes of Jake.
    B. About 11:30… Those ummm step ups were bad news.

• James says:

A: 172kg, 7 kg PB.

B: 7:44, just short of the parrman.

• leisam says:

A: 55kg PR
    B: 2nd round finished the step ups (did kettle bell swings not DU).