Back Squat, Strict Press & Butterfly Pull-ups

A: Back squat 4×5 @ 65%

B: 1RM Strict Press

C: EMOTM for 10 mins

• 1-7 Butterfly Pull-ups/Kipping/Strict
  • Filler DU’s

Coaches Notes:

• Preference today in EMOTM, is kipping not strict – we want you to work on stringing multiple reps together.

Post loads and reps to comments or TotalWod.

A. Did sets at 55kgs, which is 65% of my 87Kg 1RM
    B. Kept failing my current 1RM of 35kgs, did get 32.5kgs though
    C. Worked on 3 hanging hollowrocks and 2-3 double unders

A) Worked at 75kg. A little bit lighter than I should have probably worked but after doing home renos all weekend scraping paint off a ceiling my back needs a brake.
    B) Got 55kg easy a couple times. Just couldn’t get 60kg. I’m sure I got 60kg last week.
    C) Aimed for 5 kipping each round.

A: 55kg, then 50 as injury was hampering form.
    B: 32.5. Tried the 35 a few times, but no bingo.
    C: 3 on the red band. Happy to keep the reps up here, and drop a band colour! D/U were inconsistent.

• kirsten says:

A: 50kg
    B: matched my 1RM @ 35kg (tried 40kg but no go)
    C: red band 2 reps each time

• Heinex says:

A) 100
    B) 75- 80=FAIL
    C) 4 Kipped

A) Worked at 80kg for these Reps. Felt nice and strong

B) New 1RM 55kg. I might have gotten 57.5 but went straight to 60kg and failed.

C) Worked on 3 red band pull ups, I feel like I am making progress.

• Mark says:

A: Sets at 65kg.
    B: 45 good. 47.5 bad.
    C: Sets of 5 kipping.

A: 60kg – felt really good
    B: 40kg – matched current PR. Failed 41kg.
    C: 3-7 butterfly pullups each round. The number really depended on how well I kept the rhythm going. These are getting better, but still a lot of work needed!
    I’m going to Hobart and Darwin over the next two weeks – can anyone recommend good boxes to visit while I’m there?

• David N says:

A: 65kg
    B: 57kg
    C: 2 kipping pull ups

• Jesse m says:

A 5 @ 65 felt good
    B 46kg pb!
    C worked on lat contraction most of the time

A. 35kg. Wasn’t expecting much as I was sick all last week.
    B. 32 kg. No PB. Tried 35 and 33kg. Was hoping for a PB as my strict press has been feeling good lately – but again shouldn’t expect too much after illness. Did notice that one arm moves slower than the other today.
    C. Used a box to focus on eccentric movement.

The Physio Detective workshop on the weekend was great! Also had a one on one session to look at what is happening with my squat and got some good instruction on how loosening and stabilizing the hips will help with my technique. Lots of homework to do now.

A) Reps @ 82kg

B) 47kg (PB) missed 52kg

C) Worked on technique, got a few good reps in as this finally made sense. Then it didn’t make sense and I got no reps, then it came back, then it went away. So it’s getting there but not consistent.

• James says:

A: Sets at 100kg. A few laughs were had at the special girls Cindy and Pip also 😛
    B: 67kg, 5kg PB
    C: Not sure how many I ended with, definitely started with 7. Thanks Nath who showed me some video; I definitely don’t look as stupid as I feel doing them.

• Will_C says:

Enjoyed tonight’s sess despite some major DOMS from Saturday’s 10km fun run.
      A) sets of 95kg which felt solid despite the legs
      B) worked up to 57.5kg and definitely could have kept going-pretty sure 60kg is my PB from memory?
      C) Attempted butterfly’s for the first time ever and have a lot of work to do but I think there’s potential. Worked at sets of 3-4.

• Nathan says:

Your butterflies looked good James (haha that sounds weird)….

• john parr says:

A: maintained 100kg across all 4 sets

B: worked to 65kg, had 2 attempts at 70kg, so no PRs tonight

C: aimed for sets of 5 across all sets, with focus on starting the DUs on the first jump, and towards the end i had a go at triple unders (got a set of 3)

• Nathan says:

A: Worked at around 95kg for Squats, this is actually above 65% but I could have probably worked at 100kg.

B: Made it up to 67.5kg

C: Worked at around 5-6 butterfly pull-up’s, some ugly ones and some good ones thrown in 🙂 definitely happy to be working on these more often.

• Cindyd says:

Awesome night in the box, full of special moments.

A. I did 4 x 5 @40kgs, 1 x 5 @45kgs….stoked with this, its the first time I’ve squatted with weight since February & there was no pain. So pleased that finally my legs getting better, onwards & upwards from here.

B. New PB 35kgs, felt strong, got 37.5kg up but it doesn’t could as it was the dirtiest rep you’ve ever seen…! Right arm refused to work, I basically did it with one arm.

C. Decides to do 3 x kipping each round, they felt good. Double unders were hot & cold & managed to whip myself good & proper on the butt. Will have some explaining to do.

Such fun working with Pip tonight, abs got a great work out. Thanks to Coach B for a fun sess & for fixing my rope 😁

• leisam says:

A. 30kg
    B. 15kg – 20kg fail
    c. 5 pullups with orange and yellow band

• coops says:

A. 2 @ 90kg, then 2 @ 100kg
    B. 50kg then successfully failed 60kg…
    C. 4-5 butterfly’s and PB of 6 tripple unders

A: Sets at 75kg. Nice and comfortable
    B: Got a PB with 37kg. Just couldn’t get to that 40!!
    C: 2-3 Pull ups on the orange band. Happy with this as they were definitely a fight. good to do more pull up volume work.