“Diane”

Saturday 12.4.14

“Diane”

21-15-9

• Deadlifts 100/70
  • HSPU

Post times and notes to comments

• James says:

8:46. Finally a Diane that didn’t break me. Fourth times a charm.

Finished around 10:35.

Scaled to 2 x Pushups

Yay 1 min PB!

9:04 RX – Last time was 10:07 or so.

Exact same as last Diane, my last rep of the rd of 9 could have got me to go sub-9 mins but it was also the 1 rep that I failed :(. Great work to all at 8am!

• KJ says:

I was really hoping for a new PB, so Not the time I was hoping for (slower than my last time by about 20 seconds) but it was worth it to have Ben coach me through it. My dead lifts felt good – and did not die ITA by the round of 15. Putting my hands in closer to the wall made the HSPU a lot harder. Having done so much work on strict HSPU lately – it felt like I’d forgotten how to do them kipping.

7:36. 45 seconds slower than last time. I have discovered that hangovers and WODs don’t combine very well.

• Cindyd says:

10:05, sometime during the round of 15 Coach B added another ab mat, so this wasn’t RX. Got loads of tips from Coach B, in fact even changed the way I do HSPU mid WOD. Really happy with this result, the rhythm I finally got for HSPU made them so much easier towards the end that I think the next time I do Diane I’ll do even better.

Spent the whole day in the Box! I also did the Antony Lo workshop & had a 1:1 appointment. I highly recommend, I learnt so much. Thanks to the Adapt coaches for organising.

Love Diane! Last 2 times I have done this I have been doing HSPU on ab mat but have never made it through the round of 21 because I start failing reps, so my goal was to get through the first round. I ended up making it through 4/15 HSPU so I am stoked! Glad to finally crack into the second round! Worked on the ab mat and 70kg deadlifts.

• kirsten says:

this was super fun.
    i scaled to handstand holds (5 seconds) and got up to 5/9 DL.
    feel that my holds are getting more solid although – its Monday and my are are still sore…
    pretty happy with the deadlifts though.