Shankle Complex & HSPUs

Shankle Complex

• 3 x Hang clean pulls
  • 1 x Hang clean
  • 2 x Split Jerk

Conditioning:

10min EMOTM

• 1-7 HSPUs (scaling is push-ups)
  • Filler – double unders

Post loads, reps to comments or TotalWOD

A: 45kg. Was not feeling any love this morning, so did not increase weight as form felt pretty average.
    B: 3 (kipping) Ben made me lose the plate, so I just had a squishy pad thing. They actually felt really good. I look forward to a strict HSPU soon!

A. worked up to 45kg, rang the bell as I had miscounted and thought it was 50kgs! 1RM for C&J is 47, but happy to get 45 for the complex
    B. 5 regular push ups and a few double unders each round

A: Got the complex out at 75kg. Then dropped 80kg on the hang clean after the pulls. Tried again with 80kg (starting with the hang clean) and got it but the first jerk attempt was pretty unsteady so bailed. Cleans are definitely something I need to work on.

Good working with Steve-o – still managed 80kg even with bad shoulders!

B. I’ve been aiming for 1+anything per round and then dropping to negatives when all else fails. Shoulder/neck has been pinching since the presses yesterday so didn’t push too hard with them today.

A. Worked up to 80kg with Tim. All felt fairly solid – except for clocking myself on the chin with the first jerk @70kg. To do the jerk, you must be a jerk.

B. about 4 rounds of 4 reps then dropped to 3 for remainder. Felt a lot better than last week’s effort. I’ll call that progress.

Even making slight progress in the calf stretch (but still ugly).

Shoulders were in pain after yesterday, definitely need some treatment before Sat.
    A) got 80kg, felt ok on the clean side of the complex but the first jerk was slightly pressed, second jerk was better but again I didn’t drop my back leg – but it wasn’t a press at least. Great working with Jase and seeing Coach B smash his set!
    Then the shoulders cried lots.
    B) as per the shoulder crying on the push movement I subbed for pull ups.
    Great 630 feeling this morning. Even if it was 630am and Coops wasn’t using an indoor voice.

• Heinex says:

A) Got an UUUUUGLY 90 so dialed back to 80. The bar does get heavy!
    B) 4 reps every round with no FAILS woohoo
    C) Quad-Wall-Stretch…..Booda-zen-zone-out…zzzz…

A: Worked up to 55kg for the complex – didn’t go heavier to save shoulder pain 😛

B: Sets of 3 strict HSPU
    Worked off a 10kg & 5kg bumper to start then quickly added another 5kg bumper – after a few sets, shoulders were warm, was doing 3 unbroken then decided to drop the 5kg and do 3 singles for the last few minutes.
    Great to see progress with these 🙂
    Gonna miss “Diane” to test my progress 🙁

A: Loved this complex, but pulls made me feel dumb until some weight went on. Worked up to 60kg and felt solid. Trained with Kristy this morning – she moves like a beast, so impressive!
    B: Maintained 4 strict HSPUs across all sets.
    Loving the programming this week!

• David N says:

A: 60kg. Pretty exhausting but movements felt solid
    B: up to sets of 3 HSPUs, with 20 DU fillers
    C: I could barely do this on Monday but today’s couch stretch was almost nice…. almost. Must be doing something wrong.