3 Pos Snatch then Bar Muscle Ups and BB Jumping Squats

07.04.14

Strength:

• 3 Position Snatch – as heavy as possible

Conditioning:

• 3 x Bar Muscle Ups (Scaling: C2B pull-ups/kipping/bands)
  • 3 x Unloaded BB Jumping Squats
  • 6 x Bar Muscle Ups
  • 6 x Unloaded BB Jumping Squats

* Add 3 reps each round

Post loads & reps to comments or TotalWOD.

A) After a couple attempts got it at 60kg. This got heavy really fast at position 1.

B) 6 C2B into the round of 15.

A: 35kg – first two feel good, then the third was a struggle. Was kind of motivated by Coach Ben and Dale lifting my weight for these snatches!
    B: 7 pull ups (chest was not getting that high unfortunately) in the round of 12. Pull ups are still a major weakness – so this session helped….. I think.

A. Wary of snatching because that’s how I hurt my wrist (or at least aggravated it). So started simply at 30kg, with wrist taped and wrist wrap on. Worked my way up to 50kg which was OK, but I could feel it in the sore wrist and decided not to try to go further.

B. 1 C2B into the round of 18. Score looks OK, but I didn’t like my form today and felt really slow/tired in the upper body. Hope this shakes off the lethargy.

• Mark says:

A: Snatch has always been one of my biggest weaknesses. It takes a fair while to warm up into the right position, but feels pretty stable once there. I worked with Dave and slowly moved up to 40kg – took a few attempts to stick that on all three, but eventually got there.

B: 3 bar muscle ups into the round of 9. It felt like more but Dave assures me it was a total of 12. These are feeling ok, but I still need a big kip to get myself up there (great watching Ben and Dale making it look effortless). I find when I fatigue I start trying to break down the movement and overthink it too much, and end up flailing around on the bar. Today I caught myself doing this, and thought ‘just do one, don’t think about it’. That worked better.

This is more bar muscle ups than I’ve ever managed in a workout – I enjoy breaking new ground like this.

Nice to be back in the box after two weeks off with tough mudder and sprained mid foot. Thanks to Coach Coops for my scaling today.

A. Stuck with 20kgs as pushing it higher put too much strain on my foot.

B. Scaled to ring rows and 25kgs power cleans. Got to 12 or the 18 ring rows.

A: Worked up to 45kg for the complex. Attempted a PR 1RM at 51kg, but no bingo. Moved reasonably well this morning considering how tight my upper back feels(?).
    B: Completed the round of 18 jumping squats with three muscle ups each round (didn’t add reps to the MUs). On my last MU I ripped my hand 🙁 so annoying!
    Great working with Hannah this morning!

• James says:

A: 60kg, felt good, 65 not so much.

B: 2/3 BMU in the round of 18. Followed WOD with 3 unbroken ring MU – these are feeling better under fatigue.

Great weekend away with the Spartans, an awesome event that I can’t wait to do again in October!

A) yeah. Repeat of last week… struggling in the catch position. Back to 1on1 to nail that again
    B) 4 mins of forgetting how to do bar muscle ups, then scaled to C2B. In that 4 mins I got through 12 jumping squats, ripped slightly and stopped there.

• Brendo says:

50kg for the triple. 55kg just wouldn’t go up.

7 C2B into the round of 15. Offered to show Coops the chest bruises when he questioned the validity of my C2B, but he declined.

• john parr says:

A: worked up to 65kg, and attempted 70kg, but no dice

B went RX and did 1 bmu after the 18 jumping squats

• KJ says:

A: 3 position @ 50kg. Then tried 55kg – got from the ground, but just missed out on hang. (55 is my 1rm from last week though- so it’s good I did it twice tonight) lots of good tips from the coaches…there were 6 in the session tonight! I’ll try to take all the advice on board.
    Congrats to Matt (I hope I got your name right!?) who got his first bar muscle-up just before the WOD! Oh yeh!
    B: completed the round of 15 (doing chest to bar)
    When finished had a crack at bar muscle ups…AND GOT 3! Woohoo.
    See…you can teach an old dog new tricks.

• Nathan says:

A: terrible night on the bar after a week off training!! Hit a PR snatch last week and battled to hit 60kg tonight.

B: 1 / 24 squats. Felt pretty good in muscle ups, squats were a burner!!

• leisam says:

A) Stayed at 15kg.. cos im massive
    B) 9 C2B into the round of 12.

• eliza says:

A – Some snatch practice, good times
    B – got to the round of 15 – 4 banded pull ups into it
    Hard on the hands
    Thanks sean from the #haveago team

A: 35kg for the complex, stayed on this as right shoulder still a little off, some pain when I extended overhead.
    Good pointers from Coach Becca on pos 3 to 2 – balls to heels then shouldn’t be lifting hips too soon.

B: Kipping pullups – got to 9/15 pullups