Strict Press then Plate Work

Wednesday 02.04.14

Strength:

• 5×5 Strict Press @ 65% of 1RM

Conditioning:

10min AMRAP

• 10 x plate ground to OH (20/10kg bumper plate)
  • 10 x plate burpees (heels don’t have to be on)
  • 10 x OH lunges (hold plate OH)

Post loads and reps to comments or totalWOD.

Coaches Notes:

• How’s your 3min of hollow rocks going? 3 weeks to go!

coops

A: 5 x 5 at 25kg. Happy with form on this movement today.
    B: 4 rounds then 10G2OH and 2 burpees at 15kg. The extra 5kg hurt a bit. No pain no gain though.

• Mark says:

Missed todays – woke up still suffering from a back strain I think I got last week (from TKD then 14.5).

A. 3 or 4 @ 47kg (G2 bar), then one at 52kg. Wasn’t all that impressed with my effort until I went back and checked my 1RM which is a mere 60kg. So that’s about 78% and 86%. Might have to re-test 1RM sometime.

B. 5 rounds, 5 G2O. Kind of fun this one. Nothing too much of a strain, but it really built up in the last couple of minutes.

A: 5×5 @ 27.5kg (a bit above 65%) reps were feeling good for all sets – left arm a little slower to lock out.
    Right shoulder feeling a little tender after 84 thrusters in Saturday!

B: Hmmmm.. was planning to take it handy until Coach B stood by my side with a stopwatch and said “6 rounds Liv”.. πŸ˜› so needless to say it felt like an Open WOD.
    Used a 15kg bumper – 5 rounds & 7 burpees at 10min mark – finished round 6 in 10:46 and had an epic fail after the last rep by dropping the bumper on my head.. I really did crash the bus πŸ˜€
    Thanks Coach B πŸ˜‰

C: Couch stretch to finish – quads were on fire!
    Great start to the day πŸ™‚

• jason says:

A: Worked @ 40kg – kept it light – trying to improve my posture/technique
    B: 4 rounds on the dot @ 25kg

• Heinex says:

A) 5 @ 55kg. + 1rep @ 65kg

B) 4 rounds + 6 Lunges @ 25kg.

A) 3 at 45kg, 2 at 40kg – More than 65% so got nice and heavy.

B) 25kg face off with Ewen, I may have spent more time talking to Ewen, cheering on Karen and talking back at Coops than actually working.
    4 Rds + 3 Burpees later my stomach hurt from the laughter…

And… did you beat the little brat?!

Somebody had to… We’re talking about Coops right?
        Haha, gladly beat 1 out of 3 Lawlers today, even though Ewen had Coops cheering him on to try and beat me!

• James says:

A; 40kg all sets.

B; 5RDS and 7 burpees. 25kg plate.

A: 20kg , felt light even to the end so perhaps should have gone heavier. 1rm is 31kg so maybe need to retest.

B: 4 rounds plus 10 burpees. Way better than I was expecting, so I am happy with that! Lunges were the hardest, surprisingly! Used a 10kg plate.

A: 25, 26, 27.5, 27.5, 27.5. Has been a long time since I have done a 1rm so keen to test again soon.

B. 3 rounds and 4 g2oh at 10kg. Lunges felt so much better today.

• pip says:

A: 5 x 5 @ 27.5

B: 5 rounds and 7 burpees.

Looking forward to seeing Antony Lo when he is down next weekend, ever since 14.5 my SI has been super jammed. Any type of exercise or house work has been really sire. Bummed bout exercise flaring it but not about the things like vacuuming and lawn mowing – I like having an excuse not to do that stuff!!

• James says:

Yay you me and Liv all got the same score! Except Liv went all superhero and finished the 6th…

Not by choice James.. I had Coach B screaming at me to keep going to the end – there was airtime haha

• Cindyd says:

Thanks for the reminder Pip i need to book into Antony’s session

• john parr says:

A: maintained 45kg over all 5 sets. I think I might need to work on this (its harder than it looks)

B: went RX+ (25kg) and did 4 rounds 7 over head lunges.

It was a good sweaty night