Power Snatch + 2 Hang Snatches and then Vol training

Tuesday 01.04.14

Strength

• 1 Power Snatch + 2 Hang Snatches

Conditioning

– EMOTM for 10 mins

• 3-7 HSPU
  • Double unders

– Note – Increase at least 1 rep each round from last week

Midline

• Max Plank

Post loads, times and notes to comments

Well it’s April 1st, so I have just managed to fight off the temptation to post a massive snatch PB of 85kg or the like, despite staying home with a sore wrist. Shame really, I’m sure everyone would have believed it. Especially if I had embellished it with details like the wearing of new gloves.

Have been for a run the last two mornings while resting my wrist. Probably doing me good, but it’s really quite boring. Hoping I can strap up and do some light weights tomorrow.

• Matt B says:

A) trained with James, which is always rad cos we push each other! Got 65kg, which was tough for this complex.
    B) maintained 7 reps, until the last 2 sets πŸ™
    C) 4:01

• James says:

A; Yep good fun complex. 60kg for me.
      B; Sets of 3 strict – only dropped in the last round with 2. 15 UB double unders in each except for the last 2 rounds.
      C; I think 3:25 – Morgan dominated this!

A: Worked up to 40kg – felt okay, but need to concentrate on power from the hips not my feet!
    B: Maintainted four strict HSPUs and 15-30 seconds of DUs each round.
    C: One minute – was feeling lazy by this stage 😐
    Attempted ‘normal’ grip ring MUs after the session without success. Must. turn. hips. over. Next time I will get it πŸ™‚

A) Power Snatch = awesome, I want more. Anything that involves full depth, not so awesome. Got 50kg with ease in the power snatch, no cigar on the hangs (again).

B) One day I’ll have shoulders and I won’t go straight from torso to chin. Started at 3 strict, these turned to kipping by Rd 6.

C) 4:01, I just wanted to hit 4 mins – Spent most my time talking and psyching out others… Hey Annie? Was a great laugh!

Cashed out with another hollow rock, again bailed at 51 secs. Plank into Hollow Rocks is not fun but I will get that 3 min rock on!

• Cindyd says:

I did a 7pm tonight, it was great to meet lots of new people I’ve never met before. Probably should have warned them about my grunting…anyhoo.

A) Stuck to 40kg power snatches, as the complex loads up the dumb quad too much.

B) Good news & bad news – Good I did DU first time in ages & they felt better then they have in a long time, hopefully don’t pay for it tomorrow. Bad news I go to excited to be doing HSPU that i did rounds of 5’s & 4’s then towards the end was down to twos….I just didn’t play it right & it isn’t the first time. Still happy though as I’m sure if I pulled my head in I could have done at least 3 all the way through.

C) Went to 1 min something then pulled the pin, too much loading up required.

Awesome session with Coach Craig, its been too long, gotta catch more of your sessions, even if you do talk funny πŸ˜‰

• KJ says:

A: worked up to 50kg.
    (Thanks Sam for encouraging me to push myself harder than I intended!) used 20kg bar – which was okay – but not ideal for my midget hands! Least I didn’t let go of the bar mid snatch!
    B: 5 strict HSPU. Made it to ten rounds – but last one was 2,1 then 2. Tender arms and abs tonight!
    C: 4.03 mins. (Shoulders were smoked from HSPU!) I needed a number to chase – just hanging out in a plank for the hell of it doesn’t work for me!!!

A: worked in a trio with Em and Sarah tonight, which was fun! Worked up to 35kg, 2 attempts, not 100% but getting there, plenty to work on. That’s my current 1rm full snatch so happy with that.

B: Missed the first 2 rounds trying to get plates sorted properly, was expecting to be allowed to kip so had to put another plate down to be able to do them strict. 10kg, 5kg and abmat and I was able to do them strict. First time I’ve tried strict!

Oh and C: didn’t make 1 min. Shoulders were smoked abs are sore, but I do also suck at the plank.