Deadlifts, Power Cleans & T2B

Monday 31.03.14

Strength:

• 5×5 Deadlifts @ 65%

Conditioning:

Partner Metcon, 20min AMRAP:

• 5 x Power Cleans (60/40kg)
  • 10 x Toes 2 Bar

Coaches Notes:

• Partner metcon is alternating – one person rests while the other works and vice-versa.
  • Re: T2B – DO NOT RIP your hands! If they’re already bad, talk to your coach and we’ll find something else for you to do.

Post loads and reps to comments

A) Worked at 90kg. I thought we were at 100kg, but instead of 4×20 plates we had 2 x 20 and 2 x 15… Still they were nice and solid

B) only just got the first 5 as actually toes 2 bar, the rest were mostly getting there.. the power cleans felt solid.

• Heinex says:

A) Worked @ 110 with Big Bad Dave & Rockin Ray

B) Managed 7 rounds with Brian. T2Bs slowly improving

Thank you Mr Cooper for all your help. Managed a 1RM snatch @ 70kg. Techniqued and persisitence = results!

A. Worked at 120kg all these felt pretty good nice and easy.

B. Not nice and easy …. worked with coach b and did alot of work haha dont know how many rounds we did hand ripped so spent the last 3 minutes on the aryodyne just kept it at 60 rpm or watts? I really have no idea haha

• Dave P says:

A. 110kg. Good to work on technique

B. Lost count of rounds as I was busy trying not to tear my hands up again.

Great way to start the morning & thanks to Ray & Erik.

• James says:

A; 110kg with Steveo – pretty cruisy here.

B: Liked this one, I actually like the 1:1 work rest ratio work outs, just enough time to catch your breath before the wod kicks you in the nards again. I got 10 rounds and Steve almost completed his 10th, With 40secs to go I busted my arse to make sure he got back onto the bar!

Wait… there was a 1:1 ratio of work? I tried my hardest to rest during sets so you’d be forced to do more work… kinda worked ahhaha.

Ditto to all reps as per James. We’re basically the same person, just he has more facial hair and I made him do 8 more T2B. ๐Ÿ˜Š team work!

• Cindyd says:

A: Did these at 60kg in hindsight I should have went heavier.

B: Annie & I got 8 rounds each Rx, happy with this, although I spent a lot of time on T2B, these need more practice asap.

• Matt B says:

A) worked up to 112kg with Ben M

B) was loving this WOD and cruising past 10 rounds until I ripped my hand with 3 minutes to go… Rookie mistake

C) played around with some heavy split jerks and got or 107kg

• KJ says:

A: 5×[email protected] (which was just under 65% for me, and just over for Liv) technique felt good throughout though.
    B: we can’t remember our number of rounds? I was too excited to get my first ‘crossfit’ T2B!!! 7 in a row. I have been doing a gymnastics type pike T2b. Was soooo excited. Coach Becca and Liv were just laughing at me! Happy days!
    Thank you ONCE AGAIN Becca – for another lightbulb moment ๐Ÿ™‚

• EmilyB says:

A) 65kg for the deadlifts, these felt good, need to remember to keep neutral spine.

B) 6 rounds or thereabouts. Started RX but hands ripped after 4 rounds so moved to sit-ups instead.Very happy with my T2B today, nice of them to show up AFTER the Open is over!

Lovely to work with Tarryn as always ๐Ÿ™‚

• john parr says:

A: maintained 130kg over all 5 sets

B: teamed up the rosey and we did 11 rounds a piece

A: Worked with Em at 65kg, felt easier than it looked for other people around the gym, wonder if its time for a re-test?

B: I am the same as Em, was working RX until my hands tore, ouch! then went to sit ups for the last 2 rounds. Cleans felt dodgy on my first round but came good and felt comfortable with the rest. Need to work on being able to touch and go without re-setting my position, can’t seem to get it right.

• pip says:

At work late yesterday so did this one at home.

A: 5 x 5 at 75kg. Felt pretty light but was listening to my body and it was telling me that I was still a tad sore after Saturday!.

B: Had to modify this one a bit. Did a 20 min amrap of 10 powercleans at 40kg and 20 situps (can’t do T2B on my squat rack at home) with a 1:1 work to rest ratio. Got 8 rounds in just on the buzzer.