Crossfit Games 14.5

• 9 Bar Facing Burpees
  • 6 Thrusters
  • 6 Bar Facing Burpees
  • 3 Thrusters
  • 3 Bar Facing Burpees

Coaches Notes:

• The clock will not save you so break down your burpees.
  • Don’t stop moving through your burpees, pace them but don’t stop.
  • Don’t throw the bar away on your thrusters.
  • Stay focused, don’t check out early.

For when you’ve finished…………
CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve just finished the 2014 Crossfit Games Open!

Post your scores and comments to the web site

Sharing is Caring ;)
  • PaulT says:

22:15
    I’m quite happy with that. It was a tough slog to get through this, but it felt amazing afterwards.

I like the idea of finishing the Open with a workout that everyone finishes. On that note, a big nod to those who stuck with this for the long haul (40 minutes and up). It was tough enough for 20-odd minutes.

• James says:

Sitting at work, the weight of the open has finally hit me. Can’t believe how the coaches do this for 5 weeks straight. Big thanks to all of them. Score today was 15:56.

Got to judge three amazing people today, Dale, who has is an awesome athlete. Kylie, who didn’t miss a beat the entire workout, and Leanne who stuck it out for over an hour – massive props to you.

Congrats to everyone on their scores today!

Can we pretend the open hasn’t ended? The past 5 weeks, although gruelling and sometimes tough, has been an amazing experience! Loved almost every minute of it (especially 14.3 – 14.5 – The first two got to me too much).
    What a way to finish the Open with this, we all knew it was burpees & thrusters but wow.
    Finished 18:29 to surprise myself. I really wanted sub-20 so I’m stoked to have achieved it. Although that last burpee I didn’t care what time it was, I just wanted it over.
    Congrats to a great open by all & a huge thanks to all the Coaches for the time they put into judging, approving scores and spending their Saturdays at the box – It’s all greatly appreciated!

Finished this in 22:50 massive thankyou to all the coaches and everyone who judged over the last 5 weeks so appreciated. Thanks to ben aswell for talking me into entering while still recovering from my back injury and knowing id be away for 2 weeks so stoked to do all wods and outperform my expectations. Thanks to all the adapt crew for making it such a great experience cant wait to do it all again with you guys and work hard together everyday till then

• KJ says:

Can’t say I’m not glad the open is over. But I am glad I was a part of it all. I genuinely felt for everyone of our adapt members that I cheered for. I felt your pain, I shared your joy and had many proud moments.
    Our coaches are, I have no doubt, some of THE BEST! Everyone plays their own part in our box, each role as important as the next. Well done everyone. So glad to be a part of the Adapt family.

• Leanne says:

I don’t ever really put many expectations on myself for times or weights in a session but I wanted to finish 14.5… I really did. So much so that somehow I battled, albeit slowly, for 62:04 mins!!! YEP you read that right, big number.
    30kg is very close to my 1RM thruster and so got very heavy, very quickly. I have a weak bladder and needed to go to the bathroom twice in that time (!!!)
    I had no steady pace or plan. I stared at the bar a lot sucking in air. Another rep down, and another. James ( bless him) patiently waited and urged me to do another rep. At around the 15’s I wanted to cry.,. I thought about it and then figured that tears would not help me get reps.
    I took so long James and a couple of supporters left, did their workout and then came back ☺️
    In the round of 3 my supporters cheered so very very loud that I had finished and I was overwhelmingly greatful for the seemingly endless support from Aimee, KJ, my judges, coach Ben speaking his magical words to me, all my girls and a sea of other faces.
    … And I did cry in the end, feeling emensely proud of myself and of every single person that tried their hardest these past 5 weeks. Proud of being part of an amazing CF family with THE BEST coaches. Love this place everyday!!!
    THANKYOU ADAPT ❤️

• Aldog says:

Well done Leanne! I’m really proud of you! My heart was bursting with pride on those last 3 reps! your face was priceless! p.s your jumps were still so dainty even at the end!

• Aldog says:

Done 51.01
    Only expectation was to finish – tick.
    Thanks to Rach, Aimee, Amie, Ellyse, Emily, Cinders, KJ, Kristy, Pippa and Liv for getting me through. Massive thanks to Amanda for sticking it out with me 🙂

Massive congrats to Charnel, Leanne and Bec Breen! You guys fought so hard for every rep and I was so proud of you! Real stand out performances! My heart hurts!

• Cindyd says:

Both you & Leanne got tears out of me, you made my day. So proud of you both, I feel almost selfish the joy it gave me. Congrats girls, you are both amazing xx