Crossfit Games 14.5

• 9 Bar Facing Burpees
  • 6 Thrusters
  • 6 Bar Facing Burpees
  • 3 Thrusters
  • 3 Bar Facing Burpees

Coaches Notes:

• The clock will not save you so break down your burpees.
  • Don’t stop moving through your burpees, pace them but don’t stop.
  • Don’t throw the bar away on your thrusters.
  • Stay focused, don’t check out early.

For when you’ve finished…………
CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve just finished the 2014 Crossfit Games Open!

Post your scores and comments to the web site

Craig W

• PaulT says:

22:15
    I’m quite happy with that. It was a tough slog to get through this, but it felt amazing afterwards.

I like the idea of finishing the Open with a workout that everyone finishes. On that note, a big nod to those who stuck with this for the long haul (40 minutes and up). It was tough enough for 20-odd minutes.

• James says:

Sitting at work, the weight of the open has finally hit me. Can’t believe how the coaches do this for 5 weeks straight. Big thanks to all of them. Score today was 15:56.

Got to judge three amazing people today, Dale, who has is an awesome athlete. Kylie, who didn’t miss a beat the entire workout, and Leanne who stuck it out for over an hour – massive props to you.

Congrats to everyone on their scores today!

Can we pretend the open hasn’t ended? The past 5 weeks, although gruelling and sometimes tough, has been an amazing experience! Loved almost every minute of it (especially 14.3 – 14.5 – The first two got to me too much).
    What a way to finish the Open with this, we all knew it was burpees & thrusters but wow.
    Finished 18:29 to surprise myself. I really wanted sub-20 so I’m stoked to have achieved it. Although that last burpee I didn’t care what time it was, I just wanted it over.
    Congrats to a great open by all & a huge thanks to all the Coaches for the time they put into judging, approving scores and spending their Saturdays at the box – It’s all greatly appreciated!

Finished this in 22:50 massive thankyou to all the coaches and everyone who judged over the last 5 weeks so appreciated. Thanks to ben aswell for talking me into entering while still recovering from my back injury and knowing id be away for 2 weeks so stoked to do all wods and outperform my expectations. Thanks to all the adapt crew for making it such a great experience cant wait to do it all again with you guys and work hard together everyday till then

• KJ says:

Can’t say I’m not glad the open is over. But I am glad I was a part of it all. I genuinely felt for everyone of our adapt members that I cheered for. I felt your pain, I shared your joy and had many proud moments.
    Our coaches are, I have no doubt, some of THE BEST! Everyone plays their own part in our box, each role as important as the next. Well done everyone. So glad to be a part of the Adapt family.

• Leanne says:

I don’t ever really put many expectations on myself for times or weights in a session but I wanted to finish 14.5… I really did. So much so that somehow I battled, albeit slowly, for 62:04 mins!!! YEP you read that right, big number.
    30kg is very close to my 1RM thruster and so got very heavy, very quickly. I have a weak bladder and needed to go to the bathroom twice in that time (!!!)
    I had no steady pace or plan. I stared at the bar a lot sucking in air. Another rep down, and another. James ( bless him) patiently waited and urged me to do another rep. At around the 15’s I wanted to cry.,. I thought about it and then figured that tears would not help me get reps.
    I took so long James and a couple of supporters left, did their workout and then came back ☺️
    In the round of 3 my supporters cheered so very very loud that I had finished and I was overwhelmingly greatful for the seemingly endless support from Aimee, KJ, my judges, coach Ben speaking his magical words to me, all my girls and a sea of other faces.
    … And I did cry in the end, feeling emensely proud of myself and of every single person that tried their hardest these past 5 weeks. Proud of being part of an amazing CF family with THE BEST coaches. Love this place everyday!!!
    THANKYOU ADAPT ❤️

• Aldog says:

Well done Leanne! I’m really proud of you! My heart was bursting with pride on those last 3 reps! your face was priceless! p.s your jumps were still so dainty even at the end!

• Aldog says:

Done 51.01
    Only expectation was to finish – tick.
    Thanks to Rach, Aimee, Amie, Ellyse, Emily, Cinders, KJ, Kristy, Pippa and Liv for getting me through. Massive thanks to Amanda for sticking it out with me 🙂

Massive congrats to Charnel, Leanne and Bec Breen! You guys fought so hard for every rep and I was so proud of you! Real stand out performances! My heart hurts!

• Cindyd says:

Both you & Leanne got tears out of me, you made my day. So proud of you both, I feel almost selfish the joy it gave me. Congrats girls, you are both amazing xx