Hi Hang Snatch, Box Jumps and a run

Tuesday 25.03.14

Lydia Valentin from Spain Snatching 105kg (Left) and 115kg (Right)

Strength

• 2RM Hi-Hang(Pos 1) Sntach

Conditioning

• Tabata Box Jumps 24/20
  • 400m run

Post loads, reps and times to comments

Next Weightlifting ACT Comp is the 26/04/14, details here, if you are interested have a chat to Sean

A. 50kg with reasonable form. 55kg with dodgy form. It seems that if I catch it high my legs have an ideological objection to squatting subsequently. I will have a quiet word with them.

B. 8 box jumps, 1:10 for 400m with Mark crossing the line with me. The time was quite a pleasant surprise for me.

• Michael G says:

A. 70kg fine, failed 75kg.. Psyched out, and no confidence with my injury. Worked with Ben, he’s a gun.
    B. 8/1:20

A: 35 nicely, then failed 40.
    B: 7/1:19
    Good start to the morning.

• Sam B says:

A: 47.5kg. One attempt at 50kg, got the first rep but failed on the second. Still, that is a new 1RM for any kind of snatch for me…

B: 7 box jumps, 1:24 for the run.

• James says:

A: Did not expect to hit a double at 65 and then a single at 70.

B: 8 BJ and 1:10 for the run.

C: 10min EMOM AMREP HSPU. Then, when I was huffing and puffing, Coach Ben comes over to me and says, do a muscle up. So I did, and then I did two more. That 14.4 muscle up I couldn’t get was all in my head.

• Brendo says:

A: 50kg on the 3rd attempt.
    B: 8 and 1:20. First 100m felt like I was trying to escape the event horizon of a black hole. Last 100m I had Sam and Zoe to chase down – thanks for the motivation guys!

• NathO says:

A) Worked up to a fairly good 2RM at 55kgs. I gotta assume that a new snatch PB is on the horizon for me since my 1RM full snatch is 60kgs.
    … as long as I don’t psych out…

B) 8/1:33

A. Got it at 55kg this was alot easier then id expected should have gone heavier but didnt have time thinking that would be all I would get.

B. 6/ 1:16 focused on trying to be more explosive with my box jumps cause I suck at them and I think I actually found them a whole lot easier that way

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Trained from home today, tried my best to prepare for the inevitable thruster burpee combo come 14.5 announcement.

This morning some heavyish thrusters.

10 min EMOM
    First 5minutes [email protected]
    Second 5minutes [email protected]

Later on,

15min AMRAP
    250m row
    10 thrusters @40kg
    10 burpee 6inch reach @ the top.

• Cindyd says:

A: Did 36.5kg, then Becca told me to go to power snatch as my stupid quad was struggling to get out of a full snatch. Did 40kg power snatch & wore my new bitch mittens to wear them in for the next time i have T2B or pull ups. Feels weird lifting with gloves.

B: 10 box step ups maintained 10 for every round. Did 90 second best effort on the Air Dyne = 9 calories

My quad injury is really starting to piss me off, I cant decide if its depressing or just making me very angry. Once the Open is over I can really work on getting it sorted, until tell I will keep chugging along. Rant over!

• Aimee says:

1 more week and then train smartly and get it back to 100%! Good luck babe stay positive!!

• Cindyd says:

Thank you!! I can only hope to survive Saturday & then its onwards & upwards from there 😊

Great night tonight! I’m very happy with how I went!

A: worked up to 35kg, which I’m so happy with as its my current 1rm full snatch! Failed my first 2 attempts but got both reps on my 3rd attempt!

B: happy to get a consistent 7. Just. Run was done in 2:21. I know it’s slow, I’m happy. I was struggling as my legs were smoked and lungs were burning. 6 months ago (maybe even 3 months ago) I would have listened to my head and walked at least a third of it!

• Aimee says:

Gonna miss my 6pm peeps – always such fun!!

A: goal for the night was just to not ‘chase the bar forward’ and not jump in front of my line to et under the bar… Hitting 45kgs from the hi hang was just a bonus!!

B: a: 6
    b: 1:26 – Jaqs was my hare! Hehe

A: Got 40 kg which felt really solid (also my current 1RM from the ground). Got 45kg once, but couldn’t get the 2nd rep. And couldn’t get it even once on my other tries. Talked myself out of it before I even picked it up.
    B: 6 BJs and run at 1:31, which I was very happy with!

A: PB on all things snatch!! 2 @ 45kg from hi hang – current 1RM is 43kg from ground and managed one from the hang a couple of weeks back. Got under 46kg and stabilised but not enough juice in my legs to stand it up.. Ah well next time πŸ˜‰
    So pleased.. Think it was my new Minion wraps that brought me good luck.
    Also, warmed up with a 20kg bar (no 15kg left) so that could also have contributed – grip felt really good.
    Thanks Kettie for your encouragement and faith in me πŸ™‚
    B: 9 box jumps for all rounds / 1:31 for the run.
    Still on a high after my snatch PB, really wasn’t expecting anything spectacular tonight πŸ˜€

• Tom R says:

A) 35kg. Trying to get better at getting under the bar quicker. Had some difficulty with the hi-hang. Need to work on this more.

B) 8 box jump. 1:17 run. Happy with that. Stayed consistent with the box jumps and saved enough juice to push hard on the hill at the end of the run.

• Nikki says:

A. 25 kg max for two
    B. 6 box jumps and 1:55 run. Cardio is def not my strong point!

• pip says:

Did this session at home.
    A: just 35kg for this today. Get a bit nervous hitting heavy weights in my single garage so always keep it quite tame. Did this a couple of times and it felt pretty great.

B: 8 for all

C: subbed this for 25 burpees AFAP. I think it was 1:35ish. Burpees are not one of my strong points but know they will be up on the weekend for 14.5!!