2 hang cleans + 1 jerk

A: 12 minutes to build to a heavy complex of:

• 2 hang cleans + 1 jerk

B: 10 min AMRAP

• 5 shoulder to overhead, 85/55kg
  • 10 burpees
  • 15 box jumps, 24/20 inch
    *shoulder to overhead should be heavy but able to be completed in 1-2 sets maximum

Post loads, rounds and training notes to comment or if you’d like to try the totalWOD (App Store and Google Play Store) (I’ve created today’s workout in it) check out how to use it in the video below:

Why use totalWOD

WOD tracking – post results from your smartphone

• Search WODs and PRs by name or movement
  • View videos for all Crossfit.com WODs and movements
  • New improved WOD Creation (if you’re doing you’re own thing)
  • Search WODs and personal records
  • View and post results from Adapt CrossFit
  • share them to social media (Facebook and Twitter)

Book into classes – from your smartphone

The mindbody integration of totalWOD allows you book in for upcoming classes (within the app you will be asked for your MBO credentials too – it’ll ask you once and remember your detail from that point on)

Booking in via totalWOD also gives you the ability to see who else is booked in for the class and this is great if you like to compete and compare results with your mates.

I’ve been having a play with mindbody Connect (another smartphone app) to book in for our sessions but we haven’t quite sussed it out yet. If you can book in and post results from 1 all-in-one app then totalWOD’s scored some points there?

Logging into the totalWOD app

• Username – your first name and last name – eg. Ben Warren
  • Password – please contact me (call 62519248/sms 0407900795/email) as I have a list for a passwords

Ryan and Alissa are working really hard to make this work for us. If you have any questions let me know and I’ll do my best to get you started.

Coach B

A. worked up to 45kgs, which is a new 1RM for this. My 1RM for C&J is 47kgs and I didn’t get time to test this.

B. Scaled to 16″ box and 45kgs. Got to 4 lifts in the third round.

A. Only 60kg. A long way short of ay 1RM for me, but after the last two days doing squat work, and a good touch footy run at lunchtime yesterday, my legs just did not want to get going this morning. Only really felt OK part-way into the WOD.

B. One overhead into the 4th round @70kg. Maybe could have gone a bit heavier, but after a dodgy first part of the session I wasn’t too confident of having the energy to get the clean reliably.

So, must be time to start speculating about 14.4? I’m thinking toes to bar and/or maybe ring dips. I reckon something with a clean (and jerk?) ladder will be in one of the next two workouts.

A: Worked up to 52.5kg – hands are still a bit tender so had to really hold onto hook grip for the second hang.

B: 2 S2OH in the 3rd round Rx – yup, it was heavy. Had to rest a little longer that normal before each clean, used split jerk and these were good. I struggled more on the initial clean and rerack after each rep – managed sets of 3 & 2. I’m reckon I’m gonna have a few bruises on my clavicle!
    Happy to get through 2 rounds. 🙂

• Coach B says:

Some totalWOD feedback (issues)
    * weight is currently in pounds – I know this is a show stopper for a lot of people – i have contacted Ryan and asked that we be able to use KGs
    * height (in personal settings) is in feet and inches
    * date format – currently the date format is in MM/DD/YYYY and for some people this is confusing…

Keep using the app – keep asking for your password – if you can’t login or something isn’t working let us know in comments.

Cheers,
    Ben

• Michael G says:

A. Worked up to 75kg.. Fairly comfortable. Could go heavier when I’m not injured maybe.
    B. 70kg load. Was about to start round 4 S2OH but timed out.

A) Worked up to 70kg. A bit off my 1RM (80kg)

B) 1 Round and 2 Box Jumps at 70kg. This was really hard for me, I tried 75 and just couldn’t get the clean today.

Still glad I went as heavy as I could and did less rounds. I think this was the first time I have dreaded finishing my box jumps, and looking at the bar and not wanting to go to it…

Ben then said to dig deep. I did and managed another round of shoulder to overhead…

• EmilyB says:

Holy sore quads batman! Legs were complaining (I was verbalising these complaints much to Coach Becca’s amusement) from start of the warm-up run so I knew I was going to have an interesting session.

A) 45kg. Nowhere near a new 1rm but C&J technique finally improving after workshop on Sunday.

B) 3 rounds + some interesting shoulder to overhead at 45kg. “Training not testing”.. had to remind myself of this a few times. Need to catch bar higher up on my shoulders rather than on my chest.

• NathO says:

A) Worked up to and remained at 60kgs, substantially below my 1RM but wanting to work on weight transference on my feet and bouncing the bar up off the thigh rather than the hips. Godd to take my time on these today.

B) Worked off 70kgs and got to 5 x burpees into round 3. Variable form in jerking the S2OH.

A. Got upto 75kg which is only 5kg of my 1rm so happy with that.

B. Only finished 1 round + the s2oh had to do these in singles at 70kg on the plus side im pretty sure thats a new power clean 1rm done 10 times

• Aimee says:

A: 55kgs. Got both hang cleans @60kgs but missed jerk.

B: finished the burpees in the 3rd round @45kgs. Included a toilet break haha. Chose to stay lighter and workout on push jerks as I knew id need to split jerk the 55.

Such a fun session (including the 45 mins of chatting afterwards!!) I’m going to miss my 6pm crew and particularly Craig’s classes when I leave.

Shout out to Tessa for her new 60kg clean 1rm and to Ben M for being my new BFF! 😉

• KJ says:

A: 60kg. Tick. 65kg fail
    B: worked with 45kg. Didn’t trust myself to drop the 55 on my shoulders properly – and not arch my back!
    Got 4 burpees into round 5.
    Abs still sore from Monday! Not to mention my legs and lower back! (I know….’harden up’!)

A: Well last time we tested a full C&J 1RM, I was sitting at 45kg, and until tonight I had never jerked more than that. Got the full complex at 55kg and managed one hang clean at 60kg!! Hope I can maintain for the next time we go for a 1RM from the ground!
    B: Worked at 45kg so I would be able to string a few together. A few box jumps short of 3 full rounds.

• James says:

Never been to a 7pm session before! I think it usually has more people…

A; Worked up to 90kg. Hang cleans felt good, and were (not) surprisingly the easiest part. Jerk tech still needing some work.

B: Glad we took this one easy, I think I even sat down for a bit at one stage? 70kg S2OH. Got some good pointers about my plyo BJs from Coach Craig. 3 rounds 1 S2OH.

Throwing in my guess for 14.4 – 3min AMREP Burpee buy in; then 100 Wall Ball, 50 T2B and AMREP Muscle-Ups in 12mins

• AK says:

A: worked to 55kgs after some technique talk from Coach Craig and KJ. Didn’t get time to try more, but I was pretty wasted by then (I.e it wasn’t pretty).

B: 2 STOH into the third round at 45 kgs. Once again had a chat about teqnique.

Fun session!!!!!