T2B, TGUs, Burpees and Mystery reps

Skill work

• Toes to Bar (T2B)
  • Turkish Get Ups (TGUs)

Conditioning

8 minute ladder:

• 1 T2B
  • 1 Target Burpee* (to pull-up frame)
  • 2 T2B
  • 2 Target Burpees
  • 3 ..
  • 3..

— Then —

Mystery reps

Post loads, reps and notes to comments

A. worked on hanging on the bar and knee raises. Then stuck with 16kg TGU as 20kg felt too heavy today.

B. Knee raises, got to 3 burpees in the round of 8

A. T2B – mostly getting these when fresh (see below).
    TGU – up to 32kg. Pretty happy they were solid. Didn’t flail my legs about getting onto the elbow. Used two sweatbands to protect my delicate little wrists.

B. Finished the 9 T2B but didn’t start burpees. From about the round of 4 or 5 just didn’t have the power to string together. I reckon unless there’s no more than two or three rounds of about 10 T2B in a WOD I’m better off sticking to singles for more constant pacing. Any predictions for 14.4?

• Heinex says:

5/9 T2B. Like Ivan- singles better for me.

Irony: My progress is like a tortise but I suck at holding tortise position!

A) T2B chaining only works in warmups. Never the wod.
    pb TGU @32kg finally! Even if I do owe a handful of burpees for misplaced kettlebell :-/

B)

Phone hit send too soon..
      B) rd of 10 started… about halfway through the 10 t2b I think?

Mystery wod? Pic of turtle? I don’t get the connection…

• David N says:

A: 20kg
    B: 5/9 Burpees (86 reps)

• john parr says:

A: got 24kg on both arms

B: hot to 6 t2b in the round of 10

• Aldog says:

A: worked on knees to chest and helped Jodie with her first body weight hangs:)

B: worked with cinders, got 2 knees to chest into the 9

C: sucked

• Cindyd says:

A: Practiced T2B trying to stop myself from doing an extra kip between reps?? I did Turkish”half get ups” with 16kg KB. I currently cant get up from my knees due to quad, so just focussed on strength.

B: 6 T2B in the round of 9. I did normal burpees, not target as I’m avoiding all jumping. T2B felt better, but the extra kip comes back when i fatigue.

C: This was hard, yet loads of fun due to the crazy 5pm class, great session.

P.S Steveo I believe its 100 burpees, not a handful 😉

Oh Cindy… 100 burpees is a handful for some people 😉
      (P.S I’m not ‘some people btw’)

A: Got my first T2B!!! Yay! Worked TGUs up to 20kgs.
    B: Got through another 3 T2B before my hand tore and Becca said to change to sit ups. After that, got to 1 burpee in the round of 9.
    C: I suspected as much….

A: was stoked cause I managed to string 3 T2B together (with a bit of kipping in between reps)! Also got a PR on TGU! Got 16kg, most I’ve done so far is 14 so I’m happy with that, didn’t think I would get 16kg on my left but just made it.

B: aaaand my T2B went to shit. I can usually get them one at a time off a box leaning into the bar, but was jumping at the bar and starting from a dead hang, which is apparently much harder. Lots and lots of no reps, trying to work on using my lats to pull the bar rather than using my legs for momentum. Got 1 of 4 T2B, so was not a good time. For once burpees were the easy reps.

• Tom R says:

A. Trying to work on stringing T2B together. Managed to get one set of two but my timing and centre is off mostly. Something to work on. Worked on TGU to 16kgs both sides. Working hard to keep my leg on the ground for the crunch.

B. Go to 3 T2B in round 9. Again, would be good to string them together better

I hate turtle. So much harder today than last time.

• leisam says:

A: toes to bar for the first time. got 8kg on both arms for TGU’s
    B – made 2 T2B in the round of 5

• eliza says:

A – Actually got some toes to bar! yay, was pretty stoked. Then TGu, felt a bit weaker today did 12kg with good form.
    B – Round of 7, did situps for two rounds and rest toes to bar, again pretty happy with that
    C – cute turtle pic