2RM hang snatch

Thursday 13.3.14

A: 2RM hang snatch

B: Bron’s cardio circuit – 3times through @ 90sec work/15sec rest, 60sec work/15sec rest, 30 sec work/15sec rest

• C2 Rower
  • Airdyne
  • box jumps
  • double unders
  • lateral burpees (over paralettes)

Post loads (and PRs) to comments.

WOD tracking: TotalWOD feedback from yesterday’s newsletter

Well folks it looks like the results are in and so far everyone we’ve spoken to thinks that totalWOD is the balls (as in, it’s pretty dang average) We put it out there as an option because it integrates with our MBO sessions but it seems that it’s not as seemless as we would have liked. I posted up today’s WOD if anybody hasn’t had a go but I have no idea how to edit previous WODs. We’ll keep having a play for the next couple of weeks but we certainly haven’t made a final decision…

Make no mistake we definitely want you guys to track your workouts. It’s hard to plan for progress if you don’t track where you’re at right now. If you haven’t started tracking your WODs then start today. Use a notebook, use Evernote on your smartPhone, Post your results to comments. Do whatever you can to avoid being one of “those guys”that don’t know what your 1RM is when we put you on the spot… because it makes you kinda look dumb. “Don’t be that guy…”

If you do track your workouts (but don’t use the comments section) tell us what you use? Share it in comments.

Coach B

Coach and Owner of Adapt CrossFit

A. Worked up to 30kgs which felt good, 32 got a bit messier, so stayed at 30kgs to keep good form.

I comment here, use myWOD mainly to keep track of RM weights and I blog all my results and triumphs at http://shagsywagsy.livejournal.com/

A. Got upto 62kg for this which is 2kg over my old 1rm pretty stoked about this as technique has been so much better just been waiting to get healthy again so I could beat it now just need to set an actual 1rm instead of a 2rm

B. I swear I had double unders before this week if anyone finds them please return

A. Worked up to 50 with some success, but then got a bit keen with Josh and jumped to 60kg. My 1RM is 57kg. Given I had yesterday off sick (and even if I hadn’t), I think the jump was a bit big. Got it up pretty high, but never got near to being under it. Wonder if I might have gotten 55kg – doubt it. i just didn’t have any energy this morning.

B. Not much to say here. Slogged away. Glad to do some cardio without major muscle effort. I also struggled with DUs. Don’t think I’ve lost my mojo. Just hard when you’re already gassed.

A: 40kg for 2RM – new PB, previous 2RM was 35kg and think that was from the ground (feels better from the hang anyway). Went for 43kg as my current 1RM is 42 but I could only get the first one – hands are a bit stingy from all the pullups in the last week so it was hard to hold onto the bar for the second.
    Happy to get a new 1RM at 43 and it was pretty solid so looking forward to going for the 45kg 1RM soon 🙂
    Thanks Coach B for the encouragement this morning 😉

B: I liked the third round 😛 good cardio burn

I use myWOD to record my max records and benchmarks and I use the forum to track everything else.
    Coops’ Adapt ground zero could be a good option for the future (when it’s complete :P)

• Sam B says:

A: Successful 2RM at 45kg. Tried 47.5 (my current snatch 1RM), could only manage 1 rep on all of three attempts. D’oh! Still, liked the review of technique.

B: Not much to say, just kept plugging away.

• Brendo says:

A: 52.5kg went up nice and twice. Had to call it there because my old-man back was on the edge of exploding.

B: Cardio – s#!t yeah! I believe it was the great philosopher Eddie Murphy who said “Dis mah house, and if you don’t like it, you can get the f— out!” Box jumps after the air dyne were “interesting”, just sayin’.

• Brendo says:

Forgot to mention that the whole thing about pulling the shoulders back into position 1 has made a world of difference. Barely felt the weight on the way up and it just popped into the right position overhead without even thinking about it. Thanks Coach B!

• Heinex says:

A) 60kg FAIL FAIL FAIL @ 70kg (1RM is 66kg) set way way back in 15/1/13.

Old skool tracking. Have written diary. Back 2 notes pages are a quick reference and have: WODs (Cindy / Fran etc) with dates and times or scores. Other page is PBs or 1RMS with date & weight. (Snatch/ C&J etc)

A) Got a single at 50kg. and 2RM at 45kg. Working on the snatch without any jump as I donkey kick…

B) No idea of results… was just trying to get through it and not die on the box jumps of death…

Has the box looked at WODIFY? It has a phone application and auto posting of wods and and bunch of interesting stuff…

• Mark says:

A: 2RM @ 45kg. Yes, ok Ben, the lifting shoes did help. I felt much more stable at the bottom of the squat.

B: Good stuff. My strategy here was just keep half an eye on Sean and stay close.

For tracking, I use an app on my Android called xLog, which lets you keep track of PRs and record logs of workouts (though it’s a bit clunky). But my main record keeping is just in a notebook.

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today (Sorry Becca :p ) and things were a tough slog…
    A) Could not hit 50 today (after hitting 55 easily last time). Managed to catch it several times, then I’d hit the relaxed position and crumble instead of standing up.
    B) Started on the rower – training for a 500m rowing comp next month so I crashed the bus here, got 500m in the 90 secs (goal) then cruised through the rest (or complained through the rest… ).

WOD tracking: I have a few notebooks, nothing beats pen & paper for tracking stuff – Don’t have to worry about any formatting that restricts entry. I also use myWOD on Android – handy but I tend to just use that for strength & benchmark tracking now.

• JoshW says:

That vid was cool! I remember that being a grueling sesh haha.
    A. Still rehabing my shoulder so I did a 2rm hang clean. I hit 90kgs for a fairly comfortable double. Then hit 100 for a single from the hang which I was stoked about. Been a goal to squat clean 100 since I joined adapt! 10am sesh was fun as always

• Kylie J says:

Missing Adapt right now BUT

Daily WOD in Yungaburra (population 1100) consists of pull-ups and toes to bar in the kiddies playground in town central, AND

Great session at Crossfit Barrier Reef in Cairns today.
    A: 3rm push press – 57kg, PB
    B: 21-15-9 push press and pull-ups.

Love working on my weaknesses. Hope to work around ‘life’ and get back to do 14.3.

• Nathan says:

Great night at Adapt…!
    A: 2 x 70kg and 1 x 75kg hang snatch. My previous 1RM is 64kg and 62kg from the hang, so that’s a 13kg PR on my hang snatch for 1 rep and 11kg for 2 reps. Super stoked. Now to work on position 3 to pos 2.

Good luck to everyone in the open for 14.3…! Bleak that I’ll miss it at adapt this weekend…! Love the vibe on a Saturday.

A: 40. Only got one at 45. Was close but possibly fatigued by the time I got to the weight.
    B: loved this!
    I record on myWOD and when I remember…. Here!

• KJ says:

A: 50kgs – was sooo tired tonight, so didn’t go to fail.
    B: by the 3rd round I had warmed up! Think it must go with getting older….I almost need to warm up for the warm up these days!

I use a good old note book. Post on here about 50% of the time – but never really look back on my posts. (So not sur how worthwhile it is for me personally?)
    Interesting looking at the first page of my book, 2012…my C&j 1rm is now 27kgs heavier than when I started.