3RM Front Squat then Pull-ups, Lunges & Burpees

Wednesday 12.03.14

Strength:

• 3RM Front Squat

Conditioning:

AMRAP (12min):

• 10 x Pull-ups
  • 20 x Barbell front rack lunges, 45/30kg
  • 30 x Burpees

Coaches notes:

• If you’re in the Opens, look after your hands today! If you’re going to rip your hands… stop…

Post loads, times and notes to comments

coops

A. Stoked back to triple digits 100kg 30kg heavier then id done since hurting my back and pretty close to my 3rm (105 I think)

B. Finished 2 rounds + 3 pullups. This sucked

• Hannah says:

A. Got to 37.5kg, got 2 out then failed the 3rd rep
    B. Managed to get through the first round and then got up to 16 lunges in the 2nd round.

• Heinex says:

A) 60, 80, 100, 105 failed 3rd rep, 2nd attempt – no rep on 3rd rep .. baah!
    B) 2 rnds + 10 pullups.
    Coops- Lunges r like listening to your voice “They might do you good but they’re still a pain in the butt!” But big cheers to Coach Coops on “Neutral Neck” advice during pull ups.

• Mark says:

A: Worked up to 80kg. Had a crack at 90… no dice.
    B: 2 full rounds and 1 burpee. The lunges certainly got tougher as we went.

• NathO says:

Worked with Zac today…

A) Worked up to 100kgs. Heavy but doable.

B) 4 x lunges into the third round. What a grind.

A) Worked Up to 90kg, good set. Then 100kg, but only got a single (NEW 1RM)

B) 1 Full Round and 12 Lunges (Score of 82 in Open talk) (Blue Band Pull Ups)

• James says:

A: 105 felt okay, 110 proved to be the better of me, 2 reps but third one chest folded and legs stopped. Props to Tim for getting 110!

B: 2 RDS 22 burpees. My pullups were the best they have been (first 10 unbroken) so massive thanks to coach Craig for the workshop over the weekend.

• Sam B says:

A: 85kg, tried 90kg a couple of times but couldn’t get more than one rep – I think this was all in my mind this morning.

B: 2 full rounds, plus one pull-up. Managing to string 5 kipped pull-ups together in a row, and feeling quite easy. Progress…

• jason says:

A. Failed on the third rep at 90kg. Had another crack but dropped the bar after 1. My wrists just weren’t up to it today. Have got some tips from Coach Becca on mashing our my forearms to help improve flexibility there.

B. 2 rounds + 2 pull ups. Was a lot more unsteady on the lunges than I think I should be, Had to break them up quite a bit.

Upside – I really focused on breathing through my burpees today and I felt a lot better for it. (I’m thinking they are bound to come up in the next couple of open workouts)

• jason says:

Oh also I accidentally picked up someones blue gym towel on Saturday thinking it was my own (I have the same brand but a slightly different colour it seems) – I’ve washed it and put it up on the shelves at the box near the lost property area. Sorry!

A. 37.5kg. Didn’t go to fail as I am still focusing on keeping my chest up.

B. 1 round + 14 lunges. Scaled to ring rows, 20kg lunges and step up burpees. Lunges are so much of a weakness for me that I actually enjoyed the burpees.

• Cindyd says:

A: I worked on 5 x 75kgs Deadlifts instead of front squats. These didn’t feel too bad, really focusing on leading with my chest.

B: 1 round & 26 burpees. I did Deadlifts instead of rack lunges. I tried to spend some time on my pull ups as these have been ugly lately, just played around with different grips. Thanks Louie for counting me & making sure I maintained “training speed”!

• Bryan says:

A. New 3 rep PR at 125K

B. 4 pull ups into the 3rd round

A: 3RM PB by 1kg πŸ˜› – 66kg, tried for a double at 70 (current 1RM) but only got one rep.

B: 2 rounds & 1 pullup Rx – that hurt!!
    All lunges unbroken – could so them all day πŸ˜€
    Pullups felt really good – sets of 2 & then singles towards the end.
    Burpees are burpees – keep moving – blegh

Not sure how I feel about tonights session. I will be sore tomorrow that’s for sure!

A: worked up to 55kg. Failed my first rep at 60kg but didn’t try too hard. Current 1rm is 58kg, but I have been there for ages so was hoping to do a bit better tonight.

B: only got through 1 round plus 6 lunges. Struggled tonight. Tried pull ups on orange band, got 5 then started failing so moved back to red.

• EmilyB says:

A) 70kg.. 5kg PB on my front squat from last Thursday. Very happy about this. Massive congrats to Jocelyne on her new 1rm of 85kg. So much excitement!!

B) 20 burpees into second round. Found this really tough tonight!

• Tom R says:

A) Worked up to 72 3RM. 75 is my 1RM so should be improving on that next time πŸ˜€

B) 1 round and just short of a second at 27 burpees. Scaled the lunge to 40kgs as I had trouble getting up at 45kgs.

• pip says:

A: up 5 kg from last week to a new 3RM of 70kg. Last tested 1RM was 72.5kg…

B: Got into the burpees of the second round. Felt pretty rubbish doing this workout. I think all the over indulgences from a long weekend at the coast with the girls caught up with me. Worked with Liv who was amazing and did all her lunges unbroken!

• eliza says:

A – 3RM 42kgs
    B – 2 rounds + 10 pull ups. Subbed air dyne for burpees – getting 10 calories each round.
    # had a go πŸ™‚