3 position Clean & Jerk, Double unders and Push ups

Tuesday 11.03.14

Strength

• 3 Position Clean & Jerk
  • (Pos 1 + Pos 2 + Just below knee + Jerk)

Conditioning

For time:

• 50 Double Unders
  • 21 KB Swings 24/16
  • 21 Hand Release Push ups
  • 50 Double Unders
  • 15 KB Swings
  • 15 HR Push ups
  • 50 Double Unders
  • 9 KB Swings
  • 9 HR Push ups

Post loads, times and notes to comments

• James says:

Woo first! Working out at 0630 has its perks.

A; Worked up to 80kg, felt solid considering. Grip strength on the third was starting to go.

B: 5:58 – Fun sprint chipper.

Trying to get my brain to understand butterfly pullups but no bingo yet – some great tips from Craig over the weekend that I am putting to practise when I can!

• Sam B says:

A: worked up to 60kg, felt good. Was going to try for heavier, but ran out of time.

B: 7:45. This was fun, and I even had some good runs of DUs. slowly but surely getting there.

A. Worked upto 65kg and this felt easy but its heaviest iv done with my back yet so happy with it.

B. This pissed me off just had no rythem with my du at all oh well can only be better next time haha I think I was around 8:30ish

• NathO says:

Great having James with us this morning…

A) Worked up to 65kgs, held back from going to max due to some tender aching shoulders after my last few C&J sets over recent weeks. Some great advice from Coach S should be a great help.

B) 6:35. Stoked at the time with PU’s slowing me down. A good DU day.

A: Worked up to 45kg, all the lifts felt really good and solid. Finally feeling more confidence in my C&Js
    B: Somewhere in the second set of DUs. Still a fight to get those DUs out but slow improvement 🙂

A: Worked up to 52.5kg. All positions felt good, felt like it was a bit of a cardio session after each set 😉

B: 6:44 Rx+ 😛 used the 20kg KB cos there were no 16kg left. Forgot to double knot my shoes for DU – Doh 😉
    All reps for HR pushups were pretty solid – quads staying off the deck.
    Nice little WOD 🙂

Morning people can’t keep James!!!

A) PB’d my hi hang clean and got this to 75kg (previously 70 for position 1) ran out of time to try more, plus still struggling to drop under the jerk.

B) 5:02 – very very happy with this. Great WOD to come back to after 14.2

• PaulT says:

A – Made it up to 60kg. I have a sneaking suspicion that I could have done 65kg.
    B – Finished in 07:55. DUs are getting there, despite some unnecessary flailing.

• Will C says:

A) enjoyed today’s lifts I just wish my wrists would agree!! Took it easy and worked up to 60kg but feel I could definitely go heavier.

B) 7:45- happy with today’s wod but damn do those hand release push ups catch up with you!! Great working with James today!

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Worked up to 110kg for the C&J complex.

So i thought i was moving fast through this workout until my training buddy Nick knocked it out about 10 seconds faster than i did. Sad face, motivating nevertheless.

Go through it in 3:57

It would seem a few of us girls in 5pm sess were having an off night…no naming names, you know who you are 😉

A: worked up to 45kg. Failed at 50kg from pos 1. Realistically I probably had it but my mind checked out and I dropped the bar before I had a chance to drop under it.

B: gah, my double unders sucked again today. They came together so well for 14.1 but they killed me today! Finished 10 / 15 HRPU .

• Nathan says:

A: Worked with Deane tonight, this kid is strong..! We worked up to 80kg, felt pretty heavy on a 3 position complex.

B: 4:54, I was shooting for under 6 mins, however I managed to go sub 5 mins, my first set of double unders wasn’t great either… Happy with the time though.

Worked on some strict HPSU with Ben after the session…this guy sets the benchmark pretty high for HSPU..! Machine.

• Tom R says:

A) worked up to 50 for the 3 position Clean and Jerk. Felt pretty good, but need to get more comfortable jerking with heavy weights above me. At the end, tried 55kg for a new 1RM and succeeded!

B) 8:12 – It’s been a while since I finished a WOD before the cap! Felt great. Double unders were better but blew everything trying to do them fast rather than consistent. Will try to keep a regular consistent pace.