front squat heavy triple and 1:1 work/rest intervals

Thursday 6.3.14

Some 10 am clean and jerk slo-mo action…

A: front squat – work up to a heavy triple in 15 mins

B: 4 rounds:

• 30 sec ME power snatch @ 50/35kg // rest 30 sec
  • 30 sec ME box jump @ 24″/20″ // rest 30 sec
  • 30 sec ME push-ups // rest 30 sec

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments

CrossFit Games Open WOD 14.2 to be announced tomorrow around 12pm – free bottle of cold drip to anyone who can guess what it’ll be…

Coach B

A) Worked up to 90kg for a solid Triple. Didn’t drop it, so that’s a win!

B) Worked at RX for this today, almost scaled to 45kg… Glad I didn’t

Averaged 5 Snatches, 13 Box Jumps and 15 Push-ups.

Thanks to Dale and Michael for the support and encouragement.

A. Worked up to 90kg. Felt pretty solid. A little optimistic that I might improve my 100kg 1RM soon.

B. So many numbers to remember. Something like straight 6 for snatches, 12, 13, 11, 12 for BJ and 25, 23, 21, 20 for PU. Happy with the consistency, though I knew I’d fatigue on PUs. 161 total?

Worked pretty hard for the warm-up complex 🙂

A: Worked up to 62.5kg – felt really good, last rep was a little off, didn’t have to use my belt so happy to be able to stay switched on. Ran out of time to try heavier. Had a look at my numbers after and 65kg is my current 3RM.
    B: Rx weight – Was planning to take it handy for this cos I’m doing the Open WOD 14.2 in Jervis Bay tomorrow arvo – Ah well, once you get going there’s no stopping 😛
    Snatches: 3,4,4,4 = 15
    Box Jumps: 14,15,14,15 = 58
    Push ups: 15,15,13,11 = 54
    Total Reps: 127
    Snatches felt good, took my time with each rep so form didn’t suffer – had 3 in my head but Karen pushed me for 4 😉
    Almost stacked it on 3rd round of my box jumps 😛
    Pushups: Knew this would be my limiter – happy to maintain for first couple of rounds but muscles were screaming for the last.

Great session – best of luck to all Adapters for 14.2 – my prediction is power cleans and burpee box jumps. I read a tweet last week – Lucas Parker predicted 14.1 for 14.2 and thought that 14.1 would be power cleans and burpee box jumps – maybe he just got his weeks mixed up 😉

• NathO says:

A) Worked up to 90kgs. Form felt good this morning.

B) Worked hard to maintain consistency throughout so resisted busting all I had out in the first 30 seconds.
    5 x snatches throughout.
    Averaged 12(?) x BJ +/- 1 in each round.
    Averaged 13(?) x PU’s +/- 2 or so in each round.

• leisam says:

A) worked up to 30kg
    B) S-Press 15kg 5,5,4,4. B Sq 25kg 8,7,6,6. DL 35kg 5,5,6,7.

• Sam B says:

A: worked up to 80kg, decided to cap it there today.

B: Dropped snatches to 40kg (my 1RM is 47.5kg). Wanted to maintain consistency in reps across the sets, and except for push-ups I managed this. Snatches 5 reps each round. Box jumps 10, 10, 11, 11. Pushups 22, 16, 14, 12. Total 126.

• David N says:

A: 60,65,70,75 and 80kg

B: 50kg Power Snatches are not my best friend. 45kg next time. Got 3, 3, 1 then zip. Finished with less than half the push ups I started with so some volume training required there too.

C: Love the video attachment. The choreography needs some polishing, I would like to see everyone in time on the next one. It’s great to see form in slow motion (not my power snatches though)

• Ben M says:

A)worked upto 80kg attempted 90kg but had nothing left, this week has killed my legs, not sure if it is 4 weeks off followed by Monday madness.
    B) Didnt think i would go all that well at this – at least the snatches.
    Snatches @50 – 4,5,6,4 even started to touch and go (a 1st at this weight)
    Box Jumps – 13,13,14,14
    Push Ups – 32, 35,35,37

Total reps – 212 i think

Looking forward to 14.2 announcement tomorrow, hopefully something i dont suck at.

By the looks of that you should be hoping for pushups (or handstand pushups?). Good numbers – and especially because you didn’t fade like the rest of us.

• James says:

A: Hit a 105kg triple, pretty happy with that.
    B: umm 5,6,6,6; 15,14,14,14; 20,17,16,16.
    Love working with Joshy such great energy!

Changed up today. Things aren’t going too well with injuries atm.

A) push jerks – got 2 x 1 @ 80kg, was going for 3 but technique was not going so well.

B) burpees, 24kg KB swings and push-ups.
    Maintained 9 -12 burpees,
    3x 18, 1x 19 for KB swings
    20, 18, 15, 13 pushups. I wanted to average 15… success!

14.2 thoughts; Camille V Fortunato so we can expect gymnastics as the predominant movement?
    I’m guessing something similar to the T2B & Clean & Jerk ladder – maybe pull ups and clean ladder? Is it too soon to see Thrusters & muscle-ups? (yes, I’m going against the deadlift box jump theory for this week).

• EmilyB says:

Busy 10am today! Nice to see lots of new faces.

A) Worked up to 65kg, ran out of time to try and more as we had 3 sharing one rack. This felt a little bit too easy so pretty keen to re-test again soon.

B) Snatches @30kg: 5, 5, 5, 6 Box jumps: 8,8,10,10 Push-ups: 10,12,10,12.

• Tim says:

My guess by 14.2 is:
    – Wall Balls
    – Box Jumps
    – & Deadlifts.

• JoshW says:

Worked with James today which is always a pleasure. I had only had one coffee so i was relatively relaxed but tried to get pumped up haha.

A. hit 100kg and James hit 105 i believe which are both 5kg PR’s.

B. I subbed Power SN for Power cleans @60. managed something like 10, 14, 23 9,12,19 9,11,17 9,11,16.

Good fun 10am sesh. GL to everyone this weekend!! I will try drop in to cheer peeps on during the morning!

• JoshW says:

And i really want some cold drip so im guessing for 14.2 …… an 8min amrap ladder of 1 burpee 1 pull up 1 box jump. 2 burpees 2 pull ups 2 box jumps. 3 burpees etc…

• Aimee says:

A: 70kgs – called it there due to my back pain.

B; after a quick word from Coach Craig “Aimee, training” – I pulled way back and focused on a good rythym and better reps.
    I think my highest reps for snatches (Rx) was 5 or 6?, boxjumps 12, push-ups (strict) 14.

Fun session with 6pm crew tonight!

Found out that I have scoliosis which coupled with my hypermobility is why I feel ‘broken’ all the time. Also found out why I can’t breathe during wods… Nothing to do with ‘cardio’ but in fact my top rib is compressing my respitory system. Hmmm…. Lots to consider for my future in this sport.

• Nikki says:

A) Worked up to 45kgs for a triple
    B) 103 total reps (7,6,5,4 snatches (scaled @25 kgs) around 10 box jumps and around 10 pushups averaged)